Replied by on topic Re: New Age Spirituality
Yes. All of this. Beautiful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #83622 by
This is one of my favorite articles that I re-read often.

http://spiritlibrary.com/wayne-w-dyer/seven-steps-for-overcoming-ego-s-hold-on-you

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #99443 by

TemplarProphet wrote: I was New Age for a long time before I found Jediism. It's a wonderful way to look at the universe.

Actually________________ according to one faith, you are still in the new age if you do not BELIEVE THEIR FAITH.

Fundamental Baptist consider all other faiths "Satanism, and New Age Doctrines," they see no difference.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #99446 by
This may offend some, that is not my intention.

One thing that annoys me, is that when I try to introduce someone to my spiritual practice, is all their preconceived ideas about it. Newage beliefs and philosophy are mostly to blame for this.

It makes it very difficult for me to get people to take it seriously, no matter how much evidence I present them, they refuse to examine it.

For this reason I have a great disdain of all things newage.

It makes it nearly impossible to get anyone to take any real practice seriously.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #99454 by
maynoth, I'm not sure you can blame it on newage. The fact that others won't take your spiritual practice and evidence seriously is a personal choice for those people. If they really respected you and wanted to listen then they would. Don't blame their actions on newage because newage has little to nothing to do with it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #99461 by

Wendaline wrote: maynoth, I'm not sure you can blame it on newage. The fact that others won't take your spiritual practice and evidence seriously is a personal choice for those people. If they really respected you and wanted to listen then they would. Don't blame their actions on newage because newage has little to nothing to do with it.

I can and am.

More often than not, in their minds a million connotations to newage beliefs and systems are conjured up.

It's guilt by association, and it causes a sort of mental firewall to be thrown up, to block it out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #99464 by

scott777ab wrote:

TemplarProphet wrote: I was New Age for a long time before I found Jediism. It's a wonderful way to look at the universe.

Actually________________ according to one faith, you are still in the new age if you do not BELIEVE THEIR FAITH.

Fundamental Baptist consider all other faiths "Satanism, and New Age Doctrines," they see no difference.

considering the reality that Fundamental Baptists are actually a minority, I don't think it too important to consider their judgements

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #99475 by

suliskveteba wrote:

scott777ab wrote:

considering the reality that Fundamental Baptists are actually a minority, I don't think it too important to consider their judgements

But then, especially here in the USA, you have Evangelical Christianity, which is essentially diet Fundamentalism/Fundie light. All the same ignorance, a little less judgmental, essentially just fundamentalism with a younger face.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #99482 by

maynoth wrote:

Wendaline wrote: maynoth, I'm not sure you can blame it on newage. The fact that others won't take your spiritual practice and evidence seriously is a personal choice for those people. If they really respected you and wanted to listen then they would. Don't blame their actions on newage because newage has little to nothing to do with it.

I can and am.

More often than not, in their minds a million connotations to newage beliefs and systems are conjured up.

It's guilt by association, and it causes a sort of mental firewall to be thrown up, to block it out.

True, I guess you can.

However, it's still not really a newage problem. It's the way individuals choose to think. People can get over "firewalls" and listen to things that maybe they don't want to hear. It's just some people don't want to. And their decision not to is all them...and nothing else.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #99489 by

Wendaline wrote:

True, I guess you can.

However, it's still not really a newage problem. It's the way individuals choose to think. People can get over "firewalls" and listen to things that maybe they don't want to hear. It's just some people don't want to. And their decision not to is all them...and nothing else.

The reason why a lot of people refuse to hear me out (in my experience) has been because it sounded too newagey, anything past the word meditation gets ignored.

This is because of all the ideas and concepts the person has built up, the past experience with silly people doing silly things.

All of those preconceived ideas and opinions get barfed up into a firewall that stops anything I say from having meaning or being taken seriously.

In their minds I sound like this:

You know man you just gotta like find inner peace and stuff man, and like chillax man, and like focus on the breath man, and like go on a spirit quest man, with a spirit stick man, let the guardian spirits of the spirit stick like help you find your guardian spirit animal man...

You would be amazed at how many think my teachers didn't know what they were talking about, etc. LOL what? The top experts in the field, don't know what their own field is about?

This is because people are already invested in other ideas, and other teachers, and other culture and make sense of it through those lenses.

It's really hard if not impossible for me to reach through all those layers upon layers of junk and say no it is nothing like that, but they refuse to listen.

It's very frustrating.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi