who is this man?

More
10 years 7 months ago #118511 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic who is this man?

ren wrote:

Kohadre wrote:

ren wrote: Heretics who refused to prostrate themselves before the only true trinity: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. :whistle:

Two things.

I read Brahma as Brenna

And because of this thought the other two were forum members.

Then I re-read it and hid my shame.

It's my hope that for the future IP religion exercise, people will be tempted to investigate Hinduism. It's an amazing religion with all sorts of different beliefs, ranging from atheistic, to monothesitic, a trinity, to polytheistic... And plenty of philosophy to go with it. Really amazing.

I thought it was required of the current initiate program to read into Hinduism Ren, I know I did while in the process of that particular exercise.

It is a shame though, when I was searching for books, my local libraries had ZERO books on the subject, and my local bookstores only a few select pieces for the topic.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 7 months ago #118543 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic who is this man?
LOL. Wouldnt be the first time ive been called a heretic!

Kindle has a number of surprisingly good free books on hinuism that you can download on either a kindle or any "smart" thing that can have the kindle app.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118549 by
Replied by on topic who is this man?
The weirdest thing about this thread is it's a guy preaching to jedi why christianity is wrong and Islam is right which doesn't make any sense. He's clearly trying to convert christians to Islam when there are very few christians reading this thread. It's like a guy walking up to a bunch of people using android phones with his apple phone and telling them how bad Blackberry phones are.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118569 by

Vesha wrote: The weirdest thing about this thread is it's a guy preaching to jedi why christianity is wrong and Islam is right which doesn't make any sense. He's clearly trying to convert christians to Islam when there are very few christians reading this thread. It's like a guy walking up to a bunch of people using android phones with his apple phone and telling them how bad Blackberry phones are.

yeah, what is that about? didnt research in motion, blackberrys parent corp, file bankruptcy recently from declining sales of their product? ragging on blackberries is just hitting em while theyre down at this point. but dont even get me started on those overpriced apple products. i got me an android product.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 7 months ago #118608 by ren
Replied by ren on topic who is this man?

Kohadre wrote:

ren wrote:

Kohadre wrote:

ren wrote: Heretics who refused to prostrate themselves before the only true trinity: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. :whistle:

Two things.

I read Brahma as Brenna

And because of this thought the other two were forum members.

Then I re-read it and hid my shame.

It's my hope that for the future IP religion exercise, people will be tempted to investigate Hinduism. It's an amazing religion with all sorts of different beliefs, ranging from atheistic, to monothesitic, a trinity, to polytheistic... And plenty of philosophy to go with it. Really amazing.

I thought it was required of the current initiate program to read into Hinduism Ren, I know I did while in the process of that particular exercise.

It is a shame though, when I was searching for books, my local libraries had ZERO books on the subject, and my local bookstores only a few select pieces for the topic.

Yes and no... "Introduction to central philosophies of world religious movements: Buddhism/Hinduism", this with a book called "introduction to Buddhism"... I could be wrong, I don't actually read people's journals (so many of them, so little time), but I expect people would either not touch hinduism at all, or at best look at the Buddhist philosophy that comes from Hinduism...

The new exercise doesnt mention Hinduism at all, however "Exercise 1: Explore Monotheism and polytheism. Compare the teachings and practices of a monotheistic with a polytheistic religion of your choosing." will I think encourage people to dig deeper into the various schools of thought surrounding monotheism and polytheism, not just birth/death/rebirth and karma which are elements common to Hinduism and Buddhism

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118611 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic who is this man?
As I pointed out and as every one can test and verify on his own, the text he posts are occuring countless times on the internet, mostly, of course, on christian forums or muslim apologetic sites and are probably neither intended for us nor composed, but rather copy'n'pasted here by the user for no reason whatsoever. Now that I think of it, if I wished to convert someone to a religion, I would at least be arguing for it and not just spamming the boards with information that doesn't address the discussion's other participants' points or as it happens to be here - even beliefs; nor expands on previously made arguments by any bit.

The fact our responses are ignored entirely with no exception (afaik, not even addressed through PMs, though feel free to correct me, if you received any) is a testiment to the lack of interest the OP has even in us reading them and the lack of cited sources is a testiment to his, her (or its) dishonesty.

One could easily make the case, that we are dealing with a spambot or an information distribution automaton (that other than a spambot only functions when ordered to copy a text (from a certain source) to all the boards it was registered to), and the assumption, while baseless, would not only not need to be forced or made belief, but indeed would perfectly account for and be a direct conclusion from the evidence we have.

Seriously, this is even below preaching. A preacher at least speaks the words on his own and doesn't play a tape he probably didn't even record.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118612 by
i, too, find it annoying.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118613 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic who is this man?
yasoooo, please reply with a personal post. If you post one more copy / paste this account will be blocked.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Gisteron

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #118720 by
OK. Now we know you're not a bot, but still boring. Are you planning to get involved in jediism in any way you can choose (even by discussing about Islam) or are you just there to do some Muslim proselytism ?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #118726 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic who is this man?

OK. Now we know you're not a bot, but still boring. Are you planning to get involved in jediism in any way you can choose (even by discussing about Islam) or are you just there to do some Muslim proselytism ?

I just picked MDK's post, could have been any of them...:)

I was going to go through the thread and reread it in its entirty, and I have started...

So, yasoooo goes on to begin the thread with his OP, then, people start posting about sex with children...

He responds to this in his second post, closing his response with,
"Not [I am assuming he meant 'now'] to mention you can go to Guatemala/Honduras/other South American cultures to find child marriages to be the norm."

yasooo responded in post two to the comments on sex with children, then proceeded to go onto the next point he wanted to share...

And no one responds...

In his third post, he further explains his interpretation (or that of another that he agrees with I am assuming, lol, Im doing a lot of assuming...:))

Still no comments...

So, up to this point, we have said that Mohammad was a child molester, and that is all the conversation we have had with yasooo... To which he responded...

Then Wescli posts about him not repling to comment made to him...

And, I think he does... I missed this as well initially, and thanked Wescli's post...

And then quite a few posts not really engaging him in what he has said...

I dont find an issue here...

Look up Maynoth's posts, you will find his same stuff at every site he went to as well...

Perhaps, if yasooo is willing, we could get a Christian believer here to answer his posts...

See, if I am not interested, or find the thread uninteresting, I just dont reply....

I have posted in this thread twice now, and neither was about what the topic is about...

Cause, 1. I dont care enough about Islam to reply, 2. I am not as knowledgeable about christianity and Islam as many, and would quickly lose a discussion...lol...

It sure seems like a, uh, nice way to greet someone...

;)

Oh, and his last post addresses ren's comment on the IP and Hinduism...

Thats twice he has responded...

Like so many, he has choosen what he responds too, and it is not what others might want him to respond to, but, it is his choice to pick and choose what to respond to, as well as it is ours...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi