The Myth of Myths

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101099 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: The Myth of Myths

Andy Spalding wrote: The tale is ultimately all that matters. The why, the motivations. It is why we have trials.

Its not the destination, but the journey... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101107 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: The Myth of Myths
if one doesn't stand for something, they'll fall for anything...

we all believe/have faith in something...even atheists...you believe in logic/have faith in it...do you not?

i believe in the power of the human mind to achieve many things and to solve many mysteries...however personal experience has shown me things that mankind has yet to explain...when presented with the "unbelievable" i first look for ways to debunk it...to recreate it so it can be explained...i research it, look for others that can explain it...when these fail i then turn to the hard to believe things as a possibility...not a final solution but a possibility...until proven otherwise, then i incorporate the new knowledge...

and i agree with wescli...without something to believe in as far as a moral standard to uphold, many would simply do whatever evil,vicious, and murderous things they want and use the lack of a standard as their excuse for doing such things...and i do understand that some use these standards in a twisted way to justify the same...

as the saying goes: you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101131 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: The Myth of Myths

WilliamHaining wrote: Logic frees my mind to focus on whats important in life and not to dwell on fairy tales and analogues. The spirituality i get from this enables be to fully embrace life, this i get from my learnings and experience and my ability to pass these on to others whether their free thinkers or not.
In all forms of life it is simply the survival of ther fittest so to speak and man is no different in that respect. A person may be greedy but the journey to that greed may have been a hard and deserved one so who are we to rob him of his right to that journey.
This is a fine example of how "Grey Areas" can mask the injustice of the haves and have not, If you dont have then work for it.

I am curious about something youve said here, which on the surface certainly makes perfect sense. If one does not "have" one must work for. Where does ability, or more specifically, limited ability come into your belief? If for example someone does not have, but has no ability to work or improve themselves to a point where they can "have", what are they meant to then do?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #101177 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Myth of Myths
If you cant afford to feed your children, then don't bring a life into the world. To steal is inexcusable, period.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101178 by Brenna
Im not sure I understand how that relates to what I asked. Could you explain in more detail?

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #101179 by
I believe in lots of things, but as a free thinker I have faith in nothing, things change, they progress and I am open to this, doesn't make me evil, in fact the opposite. When you put faith before anything else you cease to become a free thinker.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #101180 by
Adapt or perish, natures law

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #101181 by Brenna
Ah. Ok.

So you believe if someone is born without the skill or ability to survive that they should simply be allowed to die? Natures law?

Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Brenna.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #101182 by
Thankfully we live in a world where people care but in Nature in you don't eat you don't live, this in natures law, not mine

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101183 by Brenna
But what about people who are not fortunate enough to be in a situation where someone cares?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi