Neigong Master John Chang

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago #103136 by
Replied by on topic Re: Neigong Master John Chang
That's like saying of one guys claim of levitation, I need to test it myself frfom a 3 story building.

I don't think so.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #103138 by
No it isn't.

Say someone did claim to be able to levitate. There's no reason you couldn't stand on the floor and try it for yourself.

What I'm trying to say is that for everything there's two sides. Someone who believes and someone who doesn't. You take both into consideration and decide for yourself. After all, there are many people who would say the Jedi beliefs, ideas, and even this site is a bunch of nonsensical garbage. Does that mean I have to immediately disown the Jedi ideas?
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago #103139 by
I have numerous studies published in reputable journals, if anyone cares to examine them. Feel free to send me a pm if interested.

Wendaline wrote: No it isn't.

Say someone did claim to be able to levitate. There's no reason you couldn't stand on the floor and try it for yourself.

What I'm trying to say is that for everything there's two sides. Someone who believes and someone who doesn't. You take both into consideration and decide for yourself. After all, there are many people who would say the Jedi beliefs, ideas, and even this site is a bunch of nonsensical garbage. Does that mean I have to immediately disown the Jedi ideas?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 5 days ago #103140 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Neigong Master John Chang
feel free to post them here.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago #103141 by

ren wrote: feel free to post them here.

I will not be able to defend them without causing a community wide argument and debate, this is something best done in private unless you want a 400 page debate on your hands with the whole community up in arms over it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #103142 by

maynoth wrote: I will not be able to defend them without causing a community wide argument and debate, this is something best done in private unless you want a 400 page debate on your hands with the whole community up in arms over it.

No offense Maynoth but everything you've shared with me has hardly been that dramatic to cause an uproar, I don't see any problem with the "400 page debate" after all what's to stop Ren or anyone else from "posting" what you share in private?

I think that's a good idea...the constant discussion in PM is a negative idea as it can be seen as a "divide and conquer" technique.
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago #103143 by

Desolous wrote: That's like saying of one guys claim of levitation, I need to test it myself frfom a 3 story building.

I don't think so.

Nothing about testing this out for yourself requires you put yourself in danger.

;) Well perhaps danger of changing your worldview and paradigms, but nothing else.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 5 days ago #103144 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Neigong Master John Chang
I'm sure we can manage. What we don't like are condescending people and personal attacks.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 days ago #103145 by

Metsu Desal wrote:

maynoth wrote: I will not be able to defend them without causing a community wide argument and debate, this is something best done in private unless you want a 400 page debate on your hands with the whole community up in arms over it.

No offence Maynoth but everything you've shared with me has hardly been that dramatic to cause an uproar, I don't see any problem with the "400 page debate" after all what's to stop Ren or anyone else from "posting" what you share in private? I think that's a good idea...

I'd hope they wouldn't as usually I ask people to keep it private for this reason.

Most people I discuss this with refuse to examine any of the evidence anyway and just TLDR it.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 days ago #103147 by Jestor
He has a point, lol..

I hate trying to have a one on one discussion publiclly...

Too many others chime in, causing detailing, and multiple angles of attack...

It is hard to defend when there are multiple angles of attack, not impossible, but harder...

Makeca post, go to bed, 3 pages of stuff to go through and respond....

Then, right after you click submit, there's 4 more...

Its why I stay outta the big threads... and few read?every post, lol...

Part of Maynoths problem, forgive me Maynoth, is he takes every opportunity to spout off about it...

Its sorta like the words in our signatures, just gloss over them...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Lykeios Little Raven

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi