update

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #29497 by
Replied by on topic Re:update
Home is where the heart is as they say - id always say go for the property you love the most, not the one thats the nearest to work.

Look at it this way, you may change job and get work nearer to home sometime in the future ;)

Its only ten minutes - not like an extra hour ;)

Dont forget the spare room for all your jedi acquaintances to come and visit you ;)

MTFBWY - A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #29498 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:update
I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know what happens.

Founder of The Order

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #29633 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:update
We are still looking, we were an hour away from closing the deal on the house beside the river and the lake but is was not to be so. Prior bidders who had a conditional offer that was expiring decided that knowing we were going to take the property...they would risk carrying two mortgages rather than let me have it. Oh well back to the search, I have upped my search to 250k range, it opens up so many more properties, its on the upper end of my comfort zone but there is really not much out there under 200k.

My wife and I will be looking at a century-old victorian home, 469 feet of river frontage on five acres, brick three stories four bedrooms, and in the rear two one-bedroom appartments currently rented (five or six onths left on the larger lease). Asking 249,900

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9334917

On Thursday we will be visiting a 34 acre home three bedrooms lots of land but it may be too close to the highway...I will have to listen very carefully when we're there. Asking 259,900

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9118943

Wish us luck!!:P
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #29635 by
tell you what - i'll squat outside in a tin shack - make tonnes of mess n noise

then you can haggle for a large discount - pay me in food n coffee for the 'work' and the jobs a goodun ;)

or plan B - keep looking :D

Im sure the right place is out there somewhere for you all - as you said - it just wasnt to be ;)

Probably had termites or squirrels anyway :D

MTFBWY - A

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30385 by Garm
After the sooo many weeks of excitement and dissipointment, I am very pleased to say that we have found and closed the deal for our new home.

We decided and purchased a home on 32 pine wooded acres complete with a stream boasting an eight foot water fall. *very Zen* B)

I apologize for being away for so long, but with the realty, financial, insurance and laywer meetings behind, I am looking forward be getting back to Temple business this weekend.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Garm. Reason: added the zen comment

More
13 years 10 months ago #30387 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:update
Thats great news.
Glad to have you back.

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 10 months ago #30391 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:update
nice....lots of property to have wheeled fun on and a waterfall...can't beat that

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #32027 by Garm
So, we are now in the house, and are still living out of the boxes. It took almost a week to get the cable (sat) up and running, but when the tech was done he said he wasn't the guy for the internet...go figure, same company, different tech...now I have to set up another visit for the internet. Betcha they ding me with another service call bill :angry: :P

I will visiting when I can from work until my home can be brought on-line and into the 1990's ;) it's like the friggin' dark ages right now :laugh:

Been very busy since the move, some reno's that couldn't be left - I didn't see the need when I was buying but now living in the house 24/7 they just couldn't be postponed; smelly stinky carpet now being replaced with laminate flooring, not as nice as hardwood but looks close and I can install it fairly easily over my evenings.

I purchased a snowplow for my blazer (the driveway is about 300 hundred feet long) and that needs to be connected to the vehicle (tinker tinker - weld weld)...and as if I need another item to add to my to do list, the previous owners took all the firewood, so I'm out cutting and splitting as much dead fall I can find at the moment, I may still have to buy 10 chords of wood to get us through the first winter just the same. Seems a shame, 32 acres of woods and I have to buy firewood :laugh:

We have another addition to our household - we adopted a 2 month old King Sheppard Puppy. The kids named her Poncho and all is well with the whole family, puppy, dogs, cats and humans alike. :)

Anyhoo...I'm still here and I will post some pictures and I hope to be back soon. I feel the need for an apprentice
brewing...someone I can assignment torture through the winter months while I warm my feet by the fire wink wink nudge nudge. :P

MTFBWUA
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 8 months ago #32028 by
Greeting Master Garm,

Not that I'm appling for the job but I'm sure whom ever desides to become your apprentiice will be throughly schooled in the way of the path. It sounds like your in a wonderful home.

Sammy Jay

Long life, good health

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 8 months ago #32035 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:update
you would think they'd train all their service techs to cover all aspects of an install/setup that way they could work more efficiently....when i worked for the cable company i was shown how to set up both cable and internet...even the verizon techs know how to work the cable/internet/phone stuff....

that's kind of ironic to have all that wooded property and still have to buy wood, it's like living on a lake and having to buy water....sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun on a chunk of property that size....must be nice...here in florida all the good property has been bought up and forclosed :laugh:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi