• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 1 month ago #29207 by Garm
update was created by Garm
I'm sure that some of you have noticed, I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I have been involved in preparations to sell the family home in order to purchase another. The effort to bring our current home up to where I'm comfortable showing it combined with the bank, legal and the endless tours of prospected homes and then of course, work...have left me with practically zero on-line time.

My house will be listed this Saturday and things will calm down somewhat after that, hopefully allowing me to get back to the Temple very soon.

Br. John, Br. Jon, & Br. Kana...RyuJin has expressed an interest in the vacant Arch-Bishop slot of the Buddhist Rite.

If he should still want the position, I endorse his bid for the office completely . I welcome the help and the fresh viewpoint he can bring into the rite.

Master Garm
Cardinal Bishop of the Buddhist Rite.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #29219 by
Replied by on topic Re:update
As far as I know - one (maybe obviously) need to be a member of the clergy 1st - and to do that, you need to be a knight, this is a reasonably new prerequisite we've had to install in order to stop the 'one stop tax dodge' clergy and kinda makes sense if you think about it - how can a 'leader' of a group not be 'ranked' and have any credibility.

However, ryujin is (as far as im aware) more or less 'complete' in terms of the initiates classes so Im sure something could be worked out.

I cant/won/dont have the final word on matters (unless like the aforementioned members it is an emergency and requires on the spot decision) but what Id like to propose for discussion is perhaps something along the lines of 'acting' head of buddhist (much like I am acting head of humanist) but I do feel a crash course in clergy matters would be prudent (if ryujin is both still interested in the role and willing to have to do some cramming etc)

This is NOT the usual route such things take - but any problem is only as big as one allows it to be ;)

MTFBWY - A

PS - Sincere apologies for slow reaction tiem to this post - basically Ive been afk for the last few days for medical reasons

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 1 month ago #29221 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:update
it wouldn't be my first time cramming....it's how i usually do all my college courses....i've been training with Br.John for i think about a week now, as to the initiates training i completed everything 2 weeks(i think) prior to the updated listing, it wouldn't take me too long to do the couple of new additions, or at least i don't think it would....i'll take another look to make certain, and probably get started on it tomorrow afternoon when i finish working on my car for the day.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 1 month ago #29225 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:update
I have no problem with your being ordained. You are down to earth enough for that but basic requirements are being a Jedi Knight. First you have to be ordained, then ordained Bishop, then appointed the post of Arch Bishop.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #29427 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:update
Hi everyone, just a quick update on the selling of our home. We've had a very busy time getting the house ready to show, but it's now been on the market for almost a week. We've had four showings so far and another is set up for 10:00 am tomorrow (Sat march 27) no offers yet but keeping fingers crossed.

We lost out on a nice home that we had our eye on but thats how the house hunting cookie crumbles :P .

While our local realator is showing our house tomorrow, Sharon and I are going to be with our other broker looking at another property. It looks to be a good place. Four bedrooms, 24 acres, four stall horse barn, tack building, garage (for me B) ) and with about fourty minutes to work, I drive thirty minutes now so the extra ten is not too bad - I love to drive anyways.

If you want to see our selling home, the link is:

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9263005

I hope to be back on more frequently soon...

Wish us luck guys!!!

MTFBWUA :)

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #29429 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:update
Good lucky on selling your home. By the way your home is beautuful.

May The Force Be With You

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #29430 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:update
Good luck on selling your home. By the way your home is beautiful.

May The Force Be With You

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #29433 by RyuJin
you can have alot of fun on 24 acres... :lol:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #29492 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:update
Hi everyone, here’s another update…

Our house sold for 2 grand below asking in seven days. The horse farm was a bust, nice place but a couple of really dumpy :ohmy: neighbours so…

There are two properties that we are considering, one is across from lake Nosbonsing two acres with lake views and access across the road. Large farm-like garage, but the house, while being able to handle the family is small and I would have to add on right away. I could probably get a slab on grade foundation in by the winter but the framing of the addition would have to wait until next summer. This house would put me closer to work by about 10 minutes than my current drive.

The other is a wooded property about 1.5 acres with a small river (about 30 feet across) just across the road. (great for my kayak ) and there is a modern two car garage. The house is four bedrooms and really needs no work at the moment. But this one this puts me ten minutes further than my current drive.

Oh well, decisions decisions…the conditions on the offer on our current home will be lifted this Monday and when it’s official, we’ll choose, one or the other...less drive & construction or more drive and more relaxation...hmmm I think I know which way I'm leaning :)

Till next time, MTFBWUA…

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #29496 by RyuJin
could always flip a coin and let fate decide....:laugh:
yeah i know it's a cop-out for deciding but while the coin is in the air you'll discover which you really want ....hmmmm i remember a post about that somewhere here... :laugh:

Quotes:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi