Buddhism sessions hosted at the praxeum

More
31 Dec 2018 03:10 #331757 by RyuJin
Dear Temple,

I would like to invite you all to a weekly session exploring Buddhist teachings and the Dharma. Sessions will be kept short, 50 minutes, with 5 minutes to log in, and 5 to wrap up - so 1 hour in total, starting at 1600 Eastern Standard Time on Sundays.
No minutes will be recorded, and there will be no pressure to catch up, rather a personal responsibility to read and think over the materials in the week before the chat. If people wish to keep notes in personal journals that is optional. The material that will be worked through will be the Mitra studies of the Triratna Buddhist community, freely available at: https://thebuddhistcentre.com/mitra/

Everyone will be considered a learner in these discussions, they are not taught sessions, they are simply fellowship gathering to share ideas as people explore.

The meetings will be audio, spoken, hosted via the Praxeum discord ( https://discordapp.com/invite/akDBNbu ), and we look forward to seeing you there. The team would be grateful if you would contact us in advance to show your interest in participating before the first session on the 6th of January. If you have any questions, please contact Twigga, Thomaswfawlkner, Raxicorico, or JLSpinner.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Out of darkness, he brings light. Out of hatred, love. Out of dishonor, honor-james allen-
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure-james allen-
The sword is the key to heaven and hell-Mahomet-
The best won victory is that obtained without shedding blood-Count Katsu-
All men's souls are immortal, only the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine -Socrates-
I'm the best at what I do, what I do ain't pretty-wolverine

J.L.Lawson,Sr Knight, B.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karn, Connor L., Rosalyn J, Silvermane, Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo, Arisaig, Winrah76, Twigga, Kasumi, Erinis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2019 01:14 #331817 by Twigga
For those who would like to know for time of this event converted for their own timezone, please use the link here:
www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime...90106T16&p1=179&ah=1

We are very much looking forward to hearing from you if you are interested in coming along :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karn

More
05 Jan 2019 20:59 #331955 by Twigga
For those interested in attending these sessions, this is a polite reminder to check over and prepare your microphone setup on the discord server - to check that you are able to use it there, and that there are no odd glitches in the setup. This will allow the sessions to easily run to time. Many thanks!