What is being a Jedi like?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #96143 by
I am thinking about becoming a Jedi, but some things worry me. I am lazy, and have a habit of not finishing what I started. Also, I would like to interview one of the senior members, preferably one of the Council members, but I would also make do with someone that's been a Jedi for a while that's not a council member, for a blog on another site. I would like to do the interview via e-mail, but PMs would also work. The answers to my questions would sway my decision, as I take religion very seriously.

EDIT:The following link is the interview:

http://www.wiioperasdk.com/memberblog.php?blog=87230
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Jestor. Reason: add link...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #96146 by Jestor
Well, Im the janitor, can I help?

Ill pm my email...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #96147 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: What is being a Jedi like?
I've been known to have those traits too, from time to time... :unsure: I can definitely understand where you are coming from with what you said.

And I, too, take religion very seriously...been highly involved in Christianity my whole life, and religion is very much a part of Jediism for me (hence my role as VP of Clergy...)

I've been around a lot less time than Master Jestor so I would certainly suggest taking him up on his offer, but if you ever want to chat to a second Council member, I'm more than happy...

Send me a PM any time :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #96153 by
Replied by on topic Re: What is being a Jedi like?
I've been here a while but am a 'non-council-member'. I don't mind being interviewed, you can probably talk to any of us really :) we'll all help!

Also I tend to be pretty lazy myself :D

I should point you to: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#TakingTime

As it says there, you do not have to join us officially to begin learning here. Stay a while and listen. Do some of the lessons, if you think this is the place for you then maybe think about joining officially :)

No need to rush into it as you have demonstrated...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #96182 by
One question not asked,
Why? What is it you seek?

Pms? Blog? Out of public eye?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #96183 by RyuJin
Of the ones that have replied most have been here 4 years or more(me and jestor 4years, akkarin a bit more, and v for about a year or so...I think)...we all have different perspectives that may help...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by RyuJin.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #96186 by Alethea Thompson
Like RyuJin said, many of us have different opinions. Mine, is that a person can become a Jedi if they are lazy- so long as they get rid of the lazy streak.

I'm not a council member here, but I have been around for a long time. So let me give you the prospective that I've seen many take on. Laziness is simply not a Jedi trait, and will get you many frowns. BUT, if you are one of the few that disciplines yourself and overcomes your laziness, you will gain a great deal of respect from people.

Now, you can be the least lazy person in the community (or at least claim to be) and not truly grasp what it means to live the Jedi Path- this will just earn you a position on everyone's list as being a poser and no one will listen to you- even when you DO have something good to say. Which has frustrated many, and has even led to their destruction within the community. Worst part is, some of these people have the greatest potential to be Masters.

My suggestion, instead of looking to find out what it's like being a Jedi, learn what the philosophy is and determine if you can devote your life to that philosophy. If not, it's not for you. If so, pursue it and see where it leads.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #96214 by Wescli Wardest
What’s being a Jedi like?

I have always felt that we are all Jedi rather we realize it or not. Those that have taken up the title have just come to the point in which pursuing the path is the right choice for them. "Just remember that the path of a Jedi is not something we eventually reach but rather something we do every day. It's not a destination but a journey."

I would be more than happy to answer questions and discuss this with you, but the choice is ultimately yours.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #97426 by
I've been around this forum for a while, more in the background than the other users replying so far. While my opinions on Jediism are varied, my practice of the code is real and my feelings on this thing we have are serious. I've practiced jediism for 3, going on 4 years or so.

Still though, I probably couldn't explain to you what being a Jedi is like any more than I could explain to you what it was like the first time I took mushrooms. It's a deeply personal thing and I think every member on this website practices Jediism differently than any other, yet their is still that common thread that unites and brings us together, a spiritual hunger that manifests itself through us as our belief in this system and code that we choose to follow.

I'd gladly talk to you more, if you are interested.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #97474 by

Hylianzombie234 wrote: I am thinking about becoming a Jedi... I am lazy, and have a habit of not finishing what I started.

This is your problem.

Put those sentences next to each other, and you will see why this doesn't work.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi