usernames and other basic questions

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #360018 by DesertRay
Hello, and thank you for all the work that has gone into this site.

When I registered to get an account, I got assigned my name as username, and I see it is recommended NOT to change one's username needlessly. Yet I see many (most?) folks posting under usernames that I'm guessing are not their given names. Should I pick a username before introducing myself and beginning my Journal?

I'm also trying to understand a little more about what the Temple of the Jedi Order is and does. I'm impressed by the online content and the potential I see here for continuing my introspective spiritual journey and working with others online (both in receiving help initially and later guiding others). But I'm wondering if the focus is mainly academic study? Are there support groups of some kind for daily meditation, physical training, or community service? Are there local chapters that might gather in person?

From some of the discussion threads I've skimmed it looks like there are other Jedi Churches. Any comments about the different characteristics of each? What they are focusing on doing with their membership?

Thank you!

Wherever you go, there you are. - B.Banzai
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by DesertRay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Zero,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #360019 by Zero
As far as your user name is concerned, if you message edan she will be able to help you with that.

The temple is what you make of it. We have extremely academic types. We also have very spiritual types. Through our discord server, we do weekly study halls as far as individual study’s here go. We also have meditation groups, twice a week we have a Jedi perspectives course, and we’re in the process of creating a video chat based discussion group via zoom or google chats.

If you have further questions, my inbox is always open.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, DesertRay

More
2 years 10 months ago #360020 by Carlos.Martinez3
Pastor Carlos here and welcome if I have not said that to you already. This place is a very UNIQUE place in a way that most of what we do here is self reflect and share. We don't really TEACH anything here more than share with one another our paths and treasures we have found. Each of us uses this place for many different reasons. Each of us stays for many different reasons. Each of us serves for many different reasons. The range can be from personal to social to academic and even spiritual. There are many different paths to take and peruse in life and here as well. Here, participation depends on you as does the paths we take in life. We have much to offer. We are a 501 (c) 3 non profit. Feel free to explore and see what all people ARE doing and jump right in. Any questions, feel free to call on me.
I meet every Monday in discord. We have what we call Tea Time there as well so if your interested in that as well, there is something for every one here. Different people have Tea time at different times and days so choose your flavor. Happy seeking and may the Force be with you in your seeking! It WILL find you! smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: DesertRay

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #360021 by DesertRay
Thank you! And regarding the instruction to "select an avatar," is this a question for Edan as well?

Wherever you go, there you are. - B.Banzai
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by DesertRay.

More
2 years 10 months ago #360022 by Edan
Hi Lynn, please send me a message with what you would like your username to be.

In terms of choosing an avatar, you can have pretty much what you want. To do so go to the little square with your current basic avatar at the top right of any page and click the drop down arrow and choose 'preferences'. At the bottom of that page is a section for uploading an avatar.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 10 months ago #360045 by
Welcome to TOTJO Lynn!

This place is an amazing community, though I've been a lurking for the longest time (I've attempted the IP twice in the past, but serious troubles kept me from continuing). There's a lot to learn and share here, and I'm sure you'll find your fit!

As for other Jedi organizations, I recommend just visiting and interacting with them. (I won't mention them by name here as I'm a little unsure on the policy, and I'd rather be safe than sorry) There's lots of places, lots of folks from those other organizations are here at TOTJO too!

I wish you the best in your journey,

May The Force be with you always!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi