Training

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345251 by
Training was created by
I'm seeking for someone to teach me the basics of this way of life. I am from a Christian background, and I wish to keep this a core part of my belief system.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345252 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic Training
Welcome to the temple, B_miller!

I was just as excited to start learning when I first came here. Before you find someone to train with, it would be great for you to introduce yourself on the board and maybe share a little more about your background and what brought you to Jediism. A lot of people have a Christian background (including me) and Jediism is accommodating to all religious (and non-religious) backgrounds. If you're eager to keep learning, you're free to begin training on your own. The initiate program introduces you to the community and some importance elements in Jediism. You can also reach out to other members - most of whom have been here longer than I.

If there are any more questions, consult the FAQ . It can usually answer most questions.

Regards,

Skryym

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Jhannuzs Ian,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345697 by
Replied by on topic Training
Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.
run 3

More
4 years 4 months ago #345716 by Jhannuzs Ian
Replied by Jhannuzs Ian on topic Training
Hi Miller, how have been your explorations in this couple of weeks?

For many people, it is enriching to integrate a philosophical system developed from the myth of the Jedi and the wisdom around many themes, including a broad respect for life and the recovery of serenity in times of crisis. Obviously we all have to rise from adversity and we choose which battles are necessary or useful, and which battles must be passed as clouds.
I hope your explorations motivate you on the path you want to build, an instrument of peace like to be tuned with the beauty of the world.

Keep around

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #345739 by
Replied by on topic Training
Hi Miller, and welcome.

I think Skryym has provided the best possible guidance for how to get started in exploring the Jedi path. Regarding retaining your Christian beliefs - I do not think you will have any problem. I have not witnessed either confirmation or disputation of any other religious tradition here at the Temple, and there is even a Special Interest Group for people influenced by the Abrahamic traditions. Many Temple members are also Christians.

The Jedi way emphasizes benevolence. The same is true of Christianity and most other spiritual traditions. Identifying ways in which the Jedi way complements your current faith can be an education in itself.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi