Ganymede progression

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318236 by
Replied by on topic Ganymede progression

Brick wrote: That is exactly what I asked when Maitre tasked me with picking 10 to do for my current Apprentice Lesson. I didn't get an answer :laugh:

I have absolutely no clue about its origins.

I guess its relation to Jediism is in the way it forces you to self reflect and question your opinions on those topics?

Seems its a big mystery!! :P I wonder why?
I was asked to do this at one point as well and initially it sounded good but the more I thought about it the more questions I had. I tried to get answers before as well and I got nothing back. It was really weird to me so I declined the lesson.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318242 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Ganymede progression
What did you find so weird about it that made you decline the lesson?

The only thing I think that's weird about it is the name. The rest of it seems pretty standard, I mean half the IP is basically 'write about your thought and feelings on *insert topic here*' :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318244 by
There may have been some confusion about what you were able to view, or about how the information was conveyed to you. In this thread, i haven't posted the actual text of the lessons only because I don't want to tread on Steve's toes. But it's by no means a secret.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318245 by

Brick wrote: What did you find so weird about it that made you decline the lesson?

The only thing I think that's weird about it is the name. The rest of it seems pretty standard, I mean half the IP is basically 'write about your thought and feelings on *insert topic here*' :laugh:

Well yeah, stuff like that is in the IP... but I've been against such things in the AP and beyond for a while now. I dunno, just feels way too low level for knights and knights-in-training.

I've done stuff like it in my apprenticeship, with the chakras, but it isn't just my "thoughts and feeling about x topic", but a in depth analysing of my emotions, stresses, ect ect. That seems more on par of the higher standard that should be set beyond the IP. To regress down into IP level stuff after the IP just feels... meh.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318250 by

Arisaig wrote:

Brick wrote: What did you find so weird about it that made you decline the lesson?

Well yeah, stuff like that is in the IP... but I've been against such things in the AP and beyond for a while now. I dunno, just feels way too low level for knights and knights-in-training.

I've done stuff like it in my apprenticeship, with the chakras, but it isn't just my "thoughts and feeling about x topic", but a in depth analysing of my emotions, stresses, ect ect. That seems more on par of the higher standard that should be set beyond the IP. To regress down into IP level stuff after the IP just feels... meh.

This is by no means IP level stuff. Unless one's responses to it are IP level. But that's not baked into the program.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318252 by

Atticus wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

This is by no means IP level stuff. Unless one's responses to it are IP level. But that's not baked into the program.

I guess. I just see people working through these lessons and their responses aren't really what I'd consider good enough. But oh well, prolly why I'm not in charge of education here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318254 by

Arisaig wrote:

Atticus wrote: This is by no means IP level stuff. Unless one's responses to it are IP level. But that's not baked into the program.

I guess. I just see people working through these lessons and their responses aren't really what I'd consider good enough. But oh well, prolly why I'm not in charge of education here.

If the Ganymede Progression is something you choose to adapt with your own Apprentices someday, or choose to tackle yourself, you'll have the benefit of seeing the entirety of the work and the conversations about the work, rather than just what is recounted in a semi-public journal. My own journal doesn't adequately convey the depth of the spiritual awakening I have found here; even my capstone document is pretty much the 10% of the iceberg that one can see from the surface. :)

More
6 years 1 month ago #318255 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Ganymede progression
I've been tempted to try it, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. It's a lot of work and a lot of effort and a lot of potential navel-gazing i might not be prepared to handle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318257 by

I especially want to know the origin of the name and the deeper intent behind that. The other thing I did not like was the fact I found out there are like 30 to 40 terms in the lesson and I was given only 10. I didnt like that fact I could not choose and that others had judged me in such a way as to just decide I needed those. This came from someone who had NO interaction with me previously and I felt it was an unfair assessment.

Beyond that it seems like a bit of busy work. I would much rather approach those things organically as they appear in my life and then evaluate vs having to force feed myself information with a goal of artificial regurgitation. It lacks context in that form and I find it ineffective.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318262 by
I haven't completed any of these officially yet, but it is my understanding that what makes the Ganymede Progression different than the IP lessons is that the responses are not only written, but also intended to be discussed with a Teacher and regularly revisited. As we encounter different emotions and experiences in our lives, we can go back to these lessons and see how our perception of each concept has changed, progressed, etc. We can also discuss which areas we need more understanding of when we find ourselves failing at something consistently. I think the actual discussion taking place one on one about the responses would be the most valuable part, but this needs to take place inside of the trusted Teacher/Mentor partnership and will likely never be seen or acknowledged by anyone else. The written work may appear to be lacking on the surface, but the deeper conversations behind them may be much more valuable.

I do agree with you, Kyrin, that we need to be careful as teachers about assuming which lessons in the GP are more appropriate than others for our students. We can make suggestions, but ultimately I believe the student should engage in some real self reflection and decide which lessons are most applicable to their current situation. I'd be happy to go through these with you as our time permits and compare our responses. We could probably help each other see things we may be missing when we try to scrutinize ourselves.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi