The Knights Code

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285297 by
The Knights Code was created by
Hello :)

Why is The Knights Code part of Lesson 5: Temple Doctrine , but not listed on the Doctrine page ?

~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #285298 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic The Knights Code
It isn't?? Odd, that... I'd thought it used to be, in the Temple's recent previous incarnation, but now I wonder even that. I really wanna look into this now. Hmmm...

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285299 by
Replied by on topic The Knights Code
I dont know if it was removed or never there , good that you ask Aqua , good catch

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #285300 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Knights Code
That question was raised just last year (I think -- it may have been the year prior) ; if my memory serves (which, as you know, sometimes it doesn't), the Knights' Code was made "bonus" material to the Doctrine Lesson - and thus peripheral to the Doctrine itself - because not everyone becomes a Knight.

If the Doctrine of the Order is to be a guide for every Temple Member (which is everyone irrespective of status or title), then the Knights' Code is particular to only a sub-set of the Temple's membership. At least that is/was the reasoning in the last discussion. I personally do not feel that this reasoning is all that water-tight. The Knights' Code provides some valuable insights on morality, whether one has sworn a Solemn Vow or not, and as such, I feel that it ought to be part of the Doctrine, even over and above some of what actually is Doctrine.

As every individual is the Hero of the narrative of her or his own path of individuation, in one's own subjective experience - which pools up in groups as our inter-subjective behavioural biases - then every 'individual' Hero can benefit from the observance of the Knights' Code, no matter whether one is a titled member or not.

Perhaps it is time for this question to be re-explored.

So, thank you, Aqua ... :)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Proteus, Edan, Zenchi, , Tarran, Cyan Sarden, and 1 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285302 by
Alexandre said

As every individual is the Hero of the narrative of her or his own path of individuation, in one's own subjective experience - which pools up in groups as our inter-subjective behavioural biases - then every 'individual' Hero can benefit from the observance of the Knights' Code, no matter whether one is a titled member or not.

This ^ and now i understand why i thought it was a part of our Doctrine and why i think it should be in there , aah , another nice job for the council :laugh: not they are not busy enough lately btw ....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #285304 by

Alexandre Orion wrote: That question was raised just last year (I think -- it may have been the year prior) ; if my memory serves (which, as you know, sometimes it doesn't), the Knights' Code was made "bonus" material to the Doctrine Lesson - and thus peripheral to the Doctrine itself - because not everyone becomes a Knight.

How many of the Ordained Clergy do have the Knight`s code in their Clerical Book Section III, if it is somehow part of the Doctrine? I assume not many.. :blink: Is that acceptable? :blush:

You are welcome Alexandre. :cheer:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
6 years 10 months ago #285306 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic The Knights Code
It’s not part of the doctrine. It’s a code that reminds Knights of their duties. It would be like putting the Guide to being a Moderator on the Doctrine Page. That is a set of rules, how to’s and guide line for moderators.

The Knights code is a great set of values for all people to aspire to in my opinion. And that is why it is available for all to see as bonus material on the doctrine section of the IP.

Personally, it would not kill me to have it as part of the doctrine. But is it really a part of the doctrine for all Jedi? It’d be cool if it was but the “sad”, and sad in my opinion, is that Jediism is open to interpretation and not all Jedi believe that the knight’s code is a requirement for being a Jedi, just a Knight at TotJO.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Zenchi, Tarran, MadHatter,

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #285308 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic The Knights Code

Alexandre Orion wrote: The Knights' Code provides some valuable insights on morality, whether one has sworn a Solemn Vow or not, and as such, I feel that it ought to be part of the Doctrine, even over and above some of what actually is Doctrine.

Master Jedi, I couldn't agree more, nor could I have worded it any better.

I do hope it becomes top doctrine. The Knightly Virtues, the Code, the High Ideals, should be there for all to aim for - and for those who would be knights, to work their hardest to embody as humble examples.

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Tarran.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285309 by
Wescli said

Personally, it would not kill me to have it as part of the doctrine. But is it really a part of the doctrine for all Jedi? It’d be cool if it was but the “sad”, and sad in my opinion, is that Jediism is open to interpretation and not all Jedi believe that the knight’s code is a requirement for being a Jedi, just a Knight at TotJO.

I understand the reasoning thats why i said its a council matter to decide , we can want a lot of things as members but we cannot always get what we want , it has to be decided what is appropriate imo

More
6 years 10 months ago #285311 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic The Knights Code
Thank you.

And I think that is one of the most difficult things Council has to do; decide what would best serve all members. Sure, that changes from time to time and we get a lot of back and forth. But what is best for all without ostracizing, alienating or belittling members and still creating a nurturing environment for all that attend is not an easy or always agreed upon thing.

And that is one reason we watch threads like this so closely. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, , Tarran,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi