Uploading Pictures From My Pictures

More
8 years 10 months ago #197644 by Kit
The only way you would have gotten this image is from my avatar. I never posted otherwise and it would not show up in a Google search.

Although I can't take creative claim to the individual images (one being the Jedi emblem, and the other an embroidery file I purchased and embroidered) I did do the manipulation on the image.

I put a lot of time and energy into making that image as an artistic representation of myself which is why I'm a bit irritated that it show up randomly without credit.

Look at it if you'd like, I just ask for the common courtesy of credit when you share it, and don't use it as your own avatar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #197654 by
If I remember correctly you shared the leather work as well.

All beautiful!!!!

Namaste

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #197673 by Adder

yay "borrowing" pictures from the internet with no credit to their creators!

It does happen though quite easily, people save stuff locally they like and quite simply forget not only where they got it but any information about who created it.

More generally I've found the its basically part of the internet... it happens all the time, so intention is the key to determining what has actually happened. I've had stuff stolen and sold right under my nose a few times online by people I was actually working on projects with... taking my stuff and selling it while threatening to sue me if I try to complain. Some people must be pretty desperate. So its important to remember intention is more representative of a person then the mere action that might seem to have occurred IMO.

If its of value, dont put it online without having sufficient protection in place. Otherwise I'd recommend using only low quality work online, and keeping the hi-res stuff so you can defend any future claim. People can even turn around and say they created it and you stole it it you give out too much content, and is it really worth paying lawyers mortgages.. usually not for just online 'stuff', sheesh get over it Adder #stoptalkingtomyself
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #197679 by

Adder wrote:

yay "borrowing" pictures from the internet with no credit to their creators!

It does happen though quite easily, people save stuff locally they like and quite simply forget not only where they got it but any information about who created it.

I very often go on Google and search up random things. I love love love Fox's and Kitsune's. I type in all kinds of crazy combo's. Jedi Fox, Kitsune Jedi, Warrior Fox, Dire Fox, the list goes on.

I first saw the image here at the temple on Kamazu's Avatar. She did not have it watermarked or any "Claim" on the picture save that it was her avatar. I figured she just liked the picture. Later on.....

The only way you would have gotten this image is from my avatar. I never posted otherwise and it would not show up in a Google search.

..........Like it or not. Yes. I did find it through one of my random Google searches. Though "Oh! I love this picture. It is Sooo Me!" and saved it to my fox folder.

Much later I come to this thread and decided to try the Attachment option. Searched for a random star wars image to attach. That was the first one that popped up in my folder. I tested it out.

My intentions were not meant to harm, steal, make profit or take any sort of personal claim to the image. All I wanted to do was test out the "Attachment" feature.

I am sorry if I irritated you Kamizu. That was not my intentions at all....I 100% had no idea that YOU Made it. Just figured you liked it as much as I did and used it. I have seen this same image used in other locations as well and modified.

As adder pointed out. This is the internet. All it takes it putting it up and it will spread and be used by many. Next time perhaps put a watermark on your own work? Even then that won't stop people from using it. I had a peace of my own artwork stolen by a friend and put on as a Tattoo before he douched out on us. It had a very powerful and special meaning and now it's just another peace of artwork I did.

Once again. I apologize. *bows*

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago #197682 by Jestor
I must say, I borrow all the time from images on the internet...

And I never give credit, cause I don't know who makes them...

And I suck at art, lol...

Well, by my liking, lol...

Seldom is it done in a malicious manner.... Especially by a Jedi...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 10 months ago #197683 by Jestor
Speaking of pictures though, is the uploading fixed to albums?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #197685 by

Jestor wrote: Speaking of pictures though, is the uploading fixed to albums?

This is the first time I've used the attachment option on this kind of forum platform. I'd have to dig around the backend to figure it out.... I'll look it over on GFC and see what I learn.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 10 months ago #197686 by Jestor
Yea...

Uploading like that works, but we also have personal "albums" where we can upload pictures as well, and it seems to not be working...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 10 months ago #197691 by ren
do you know how long it's been broken for?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
8 years 10 months ago #197695 by Jestor
Trick question?

Lol...

No, but Edan and Kamizu have mentioned it in the "server down" thread...

As well as I received a PM it two wondering how to upload pictures...

Since the switch id say at a minimum....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi