Downloading Coursework for Initiates

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118957 by
My fellow members and anyone else willing to listen. I am having a hard time downloading the lessons for the initiates. This problem is due to the fact that I am currently a deployed service member, and the internet here at out base is very slow, and unreliable. I am curious is anyone would be willing to help me out by downloading and putting on a throw away thumb drive or dvd and sending it me here. I will provide my address once someone is able to confirm that they can help me because I am not allowed to just post where I am deployed to on public sites. I will reimburse the drive or disks used to help me out. Thank you all for any assistance you might be able to render.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 7 months ago #118960 by Brenna
Sure.

Send me details :)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
10 years 7 months ago #118961 by Br. John
Of course. Where there's a choice do you prefer text or audio? If you want both formats that's fine too. Another option for some of the materials is getting the book.

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118962 by
Br. John and Brenna,

Thank you for the help I do appreciate it greatly. I sent the information to Brenna already, but I will send it to you as well, as more options are better than none. I'm not sure about the quality of the library here at our small base, but I will try and see what I can find online as well, because being able to reread things always helps bring further knowledge about a subject. Thank you both again for the help, I cannot thank you enough.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118964 by Avalon
I, too, would be more than willing to. Just in case.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
10 years 7 months ago #119008 by Whyte Horse
Why not throw up a few torrents on the server and he can let them download for a few days, read/watch them after they complete. Torrents rock because they can auto-resume and be left running all night, etc.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
10 years 7 months ago #119009 by steamboat28

Whyte Horse wrote: Why not throw up a few torrents on the server and he can let them download for a few days, read/watch them after they complete. Torrents rock because they can auto-resume and be left running all night, etc.

I agree with the torrent idea, in general, but I don't know necessarily that it would be helpful to the OP in his current situation. Hi, btw, Kromtor! Welcome. :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #119014 by Whyte Horse
Can he/she run a bittorrent client? If so, that's what I did when in Indonesia. We had dial-up speeds but I would just leave it downloading overnight and get like 750MB movies over the course of 1-2 days.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
10 years 7 months ago #119104 by steamboat28

Whyte Horse wrote: Can he/she run a bittorrent client? If so, that's what I did when in Indonesia. We had dial-up speeds but I would just leave it downloading overnight and get like 750MB movies over the course of 1-2 days.

I just assumed with that sort of bandwidth and the nature of the work that they would be limited in their ability to tie up said line for extended periods, out of respect for the others who might like to use it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #119121 by
Until recently we were able to download torrents, but just last week or so, they started blocking all torrent ports for our networks here. The internet in our rooms here on this base is almost like old 24.4k dial up modems, and every 4 hours it drops us off and makes us log back into the network. Funny thing is the best time to download is at night when everyone is sleeping, but then you have to wake yourself up every 4 hours to login again. Not sure how many people here remember 24.4k modems, but it was slow as slow can be. But I do thank you for the ideas, you are right that would be the fastest way to go.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi