What it is that is our Mission.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 11 months ago #2467 by Jon
Very comprehensive, my friend. Much food for thought. A question remains however for the Christian Jedi (myself very much inclUded). In the Biblical story the Dark side (evil, Satan...) is subordinate to the Light side (God, Christ, the Angels...). The Dark side is allowed by the Light to exist. So how does this harmonise with the idea of two opposite, absolute and equal forces?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2468 by
Jon_Barris wrote:

Very comprehensive, my friend. Much food for thought. A question remains however for the Christian Jedi (myself very much inclUded). In the Biblical story the Dark side (evil, Satan...) is subordinate to the Light side (God, Christ, the Angels...). The Dark side is allowed by the Light to exist. So how does this harmonise with the idea of two opposite, absolute and equal forces?

That's a really fun question my friend, thank you.

Well, from one Christian Jedi to another, The Force for me is the Holy Spirit. So demons, Satan, etc...are completely seperate entities.
We teach that the Force is one thing and Light and Dark are determined by it's use. For a Christian such as myself if the Force is the Holy Spirit then The Light side is following the Holy Spirit and the Dark is rejecting it.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #3067 by Jon
I am convinced that we should have more faith in the wisdom of the Force. Every creature has its own story to tell, (16.10) \"Each living creature has a purpose\". All too often we concerntrate too much on the Dark spot on a white paper! It is a common saying that all roads lead to Rome, but I am convinced that all paths lead to the Force.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi