Outreach and Seminary

More
6 years 10 months ago #284141 by Rosalyn J
Hi Tzb.

Thanks for your suggestions. Here's what I think so far

tzb wrote: Off the top of my head

• Response to members in crisis
  • Response to members who, whilst not in crisis, are having problems here at the Temple (eg feeling like outsiders)
  • Regular presence in chat to welcome new members and discuss... stuff (can't really be more specific)

Items 1-3 will be given to Carlos ( Who is working on Outreach). A Team approach will be best here

• Sermons and maintenance of the sermon calendar
  • This is currently handled by Kyber.
    I'm sure he would welcome suggestions

• More active involvement in Seminary and the activities/progress of Seminarians
  • Working to embed more practical, community-needed skills in Seminary (eg psychological first aid)

• Phortis, Steamboat and I are working on integrating more practical lessons into seminary. An IP Team-like group may not be a bad idea. Any other ideas are of course welcome

Pax Per Ministerium
    [img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
    6 years 10 months ago #284142 by Rosalyn J
    Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Outreach and Seminary
    Also, anyone, please feel free to discuss, share thoughts about these ideas here.

Pax Per Ministerium
    [img

• Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284166 by
    Replied by on topic Outreach and Seminary

Rosalyn J wrote:

• More active involvement in Seminary and the activities/progress of Seminarians
  • Working to embed more practical, community-needed skills in Seminary (eg psychological first aid)

• Thank you for creating this post Rosa! :cheer: Mm.. I have a few ideas, I wanted to keep them for later but now you made this thread it might be a good move to write it out here. Some Jedi or guests here have done a psychological education or training course, maybe these people can come up with ideas how to create a psychological first aid lesson?

About the Seminary..

I have been thinking for a couple of months about requesting the following list to be considered: :blush:

• A new standard official step for the Seminary intake, which would include Clerical Record Documentation; So it cannot be forgotten, and if possible with all other clerical promotions, resignations and jobs too.
  • A Seminary for Deacons in order to become a Priest, focusing more on community issues, community jobs and the greater spiritual well being rather than on individual care as seen in the current seminary, maybe with its own intake procedure, just an idea..
  • A few Seminary lessons near the end of the seminary to be not fixed, so it can be hand tailored a little bit;
  • I noticed some Clergy members do not have a (complete) journal, some seminarians do not have a journal either. Maybe that is also something to be looked over.

• ~
    Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

More
    6 years 7 months ago #294589 by thomaswfaulkner
    So I know I am UBER (!!!!!!!!) late on reading this post, but I am working on my Master's in Psychology and have been certified in Psychological First Aid through the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. If you all are still considering a small class or discussion about PFA, I'd have no problem crafting it up. I would just need to know if there is anything specific you guys are looking for.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
    Ordained Clergy Person
    Teaching Master: Senan
    IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
    Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
    in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi