Ranking Committee

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #996 by
Ranking Committee was created by
Br. John has set this up to allow us to form committees and take actions within the church as a whole. So then. Let this be where we all decide on a ranking committee and how it should carry out its job. MTFBWY (in case you don't see it yet, This is tremendous progress in the development of us as Jedi and a church. I have renewed vigor for the time to come.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #999 by
Replied by on topic Re:Ranking Committee
So then, first thing is first. electing members. How many should their be? Who should be it's chair person? once we have set that up we will allow the committee to convene together in order to organize the rules regarding how rank will be awarded. I propose they then proesent this to the church (you and I) for approval. Once approved, they can begin their duty in this capacity. I would ask that you all have patience through these proceedings. this may take a week or more to fully organize however it will be worth the time in the end I promise.

So then, keep your responses on topic and as concise as possible to allow this process to go as quickly as possible.

This is the First question to be answered. Who should be on the Committee?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1000 by
It should only be those members that want to actually be on said committees. Second, they should all show a maturity in the Force. Third, at least an odd number. Say at least five core members; so that votes are decided easier.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1001 by
Ok five members is good. Lets start with that. does anyone disagree?
Also once votes have been cast then of course that member will have the option to decline. as far as other qualifications i don't think the members of this church would vote for anyone they saw as not yet ready to serve in this capacity. So then, Five members, anyone disagree?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1002 by
ok i agree with the five members of the council, i think the chairman as you call him or her should be one that was here from the beginning, not the start but a little after. like first br John, then so on and so on. what do you guys think? but i will agree with what ever we choose. also how exactly will the committee decide on ranking what is the protocol that will be set we also have to think about things like this.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1005 by
Actually I have addressed that and that will be the committee's job to figure that out. They will then present the process to the church as a whole for approval. Once approved, it will then take effect. Also, I don't think Br. John will have time. He serves us in so many hidden ways and I doubt he is eager to take on another task.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1011 by
So far I agree with your thought processes. Good work:-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1014 by
I appreciate the consideration but I can't do justice as even a member much less a chair. Master Dunn and I are ex officio members of all the committees but that only means we are doing our best to keep up with the news and we don't count as members for roll purposes and we do not vote.

That's usually (but not always) our part.

It's just as OK for a member to start a committee as its chair and select members as it is to have mutual volunteers who then elect a chair. The atmosphere is to allow the widest latitude of the situation to fit the need.

The most difficult thing is finding the right questions to ask. What the problem or need really is. That's an art in itself and our stealth mode is to trust our faithful members.

Br. John

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1016 by
Perhaps we should allow members to nominate people. An initial nomination, the nomination seconded, then they are added to a ballot for final voting by the members

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1017 by
So then, the need is a committee to assign and adjust rank as needed.
we have determined that it should contain five members. so the next step is to determine wherther we vote just in a chairperson and let them chose the other members or should we vote on all of them?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi