Ranking Committee

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1043 by
Replied by on topic Re:Ranking Committee
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

I would like to add Jidun to the list, if not for any other reason than he is the one who actuall knows what this site can do. If the committee is coming up with ideas that are not feasable, it would be better to have him right there in the committee to stop them before they tried to take it to a vote. Just a little input and an idea. If he didn't want to be on, or was not voted on the committee, i would recomend having him there in some aspect, for the same reason.

DK

Actually Br. John and JiDun are de-facto members of all committees due to their administrative nature, however they will not be actively participating unless necessary. Br. John exlpained this to us in a chat session the 6 of us had with him last night.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1046 by
Also, all processes of this committee will be approved by this church before being implemented. As an example, when the committee comes up with the guidelines as to how rank will be assigned, that process would need to be approved by the church before it could be put to use to begin assigning rank. this would be the same for all processes. This committee will only have the powers allowed to it by the church, no more. This way we can avoid even the remote idea of corruption(hopefully)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1058 by
it sounds like a good plan and i hope it works out well. also i was wondering are we going to ask the person in question of rank what they think they should be? i am just wondering cause this might upset some.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1060 by
Well I think its not so much what you would want to be, but more of what the members see you as. Then as the rank is presented to the member(s) they have the right to accept or decline. It would apply more to someone thinking that the proposed rank is too much or does not apply to their capacity. Once the rank has been presented and accepted, the newly christened Jedi will go about their business and assign the ranks to the remaining members.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1064 by
This sounds Logical

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1071 by
ok sounds good

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1078 by
Ok, so we now know how the Chairpersons rank will be determined. It's time to begin nominating a chair person. once the nominations are over on the 21st we will then vote.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1089 by
I would like to nominate Master Twsoundsoff

MTFBWY

Anakin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1095 by
I believe br whiteman and hesinraca have already been nominated, if you'd like to nominate anyone else do so before Saturday. I suggest from that time on for one week, would be the voting session, then the chairperson would name the other four members of the committee.

As far as JiDun I wasn't so much nominating him, just suggesting that he be in all discussions for reasons afforementioned.

I have a question for Serric, did you mean the proposed members would decide the rank for the committee members, then they would decide the ranks for everyone else? Or did you mean that once someone was a appointed a Jedi, the could give rank? I only ask because I thought this was the purpose of the committee. Just looking for clarification, not to agree or disagree at this point.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1096 by
I am pretty sure that it is only the council who appoint rank

MTFBWY

Anakin

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi