Council announcement regarding recent rumors

• ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 7 months ago #68927 by ren
This is the official statement from the gathering committee.

This is a public announcement from the 2012 Annual Jedi Gathering Committee. It appears that there are rumors being spread about events that occurred at the 2012 Jedi Gathering. Samantha Jayne Owen-Kendall, also known as Temple Goddess, in particular has made multiple posts across the Community containing misleading and incorrect information, resulting in the spread of misinformation and disputes about the events of the 2012 Jedi Gathering. Since Samantha was not even present at the Gathering and is not truly aware of what occurred, it is suggested that you ignore these rumors and not continue to spread them.

The event in question took place in a controlled environment, with several sober and responsible Jedi present in order to ensure nothing would get to fa
r out of hand. The actions of the Jedi at the gathering took place among responsible, consenting adults and have discussed the events amongst themselves after the fact in order to ensure there were no objections. The rumors being spread ARE NOT TRUE.

Please share this announcement with all members of the Jedi Community in order to ensure that the truth is known and the rumors are put to rest. The focus of Gatherings is to meet with fellow Jedi to learn and share and to come together as a Community. Continuing to help spread these vicious rumors only serves to tear the Community apart and severely diminishes the huge role that Gatherings have played in our Community over the past decade. As Jedi it is our duty to seek out truth and not spread lies, so please help us to do that by not playing a role in perpetuating these rumors.

This is a public announcement made by Angelus, Kitsu Tails, and Moonshadow, the official Organizers of the 2012 Annual Jedi Gathering in Hocking Hills OH. Thank you and May the Force Be With You.

The 2012 Annual Jedi Gathering Committee
Logan, OH - July 12-15, 2012
Angelus, Kitsu Tails, and Moonshadow

The Council of TOTJO hopes this will be the end of this matter. Any and all attempts to engage in the defamation of another member, whoever they come from, will be subject to disciplinary action. It is our view that a real Jedi has far better things to do than place themselves on moral high grounds and spread lies. This reminder is not directed at anyone in particular but it does apply to everyone.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Ben
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #68931 by
i think we should all know of these 'rumors'
More
11 years 7 months ago #68933 by Alethea Thompson
Negative, Pinky. Rumors should be squashed as soon as possible. This announcement is meant to address those who have heard it and know what is being talked about.

If you want to continue to figure out what these rumors are, then it shows you lack of respect for persons involved, and the wishes of both the administration here at ToTJO and those that oversaw the Gathering.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Lycaenion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #68935 by
i disagree yes i rumour may just be that but i believe that we should all know all that goes on falsified or not
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #68936 by
I agree with Alethea @ Pinkey, the rumours will only further churn around the windmill so to speak, so it's best to be left with the dust settled.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #68937 by
I disagree rumours how trivial should be shared so everyone knows whats going on.

they may be lies yes but everyone should know, to learm to over come.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #68938 by
Or perhaps it's just best if no one hears them due to they might spread even further, if the council wishes to share the rumours, they'd of done so, but from the looks and sounds of it, they don't wish to do it, so it's best left to be at that, alone.
More
11 years 7 months ago #68939 by Ben

pinkey wrote: i disagree yes i rumour may just be that but i believe that we should all know all that goes on falsified or not

I haven't really heard the rumours, other than that there was some kind of incident, and I have no wish to. What you have to ask yourself, Pinkey, is whether it is any of our business. Firstly, we have been told categorically that the rumours are not true, and so why would we need to know them? If they are not true, there is nothing to know, and nothing 'going on', as you say. Secondly, the rumours concern the individuals who were involved in the incident at the Gathering. I was not at the Gathering, and neither were you. The Gathering was not a TOTJO event. Does that mean that you have a right to know everything that everyone does in their life outside of TOTJO? Look at it the other way around - does everyone at the Temple have a right to know every tiny little thing that YOU do when you are offline?

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #68941 by Adder

The event in question took place in a controlled environment, with several sober and responsible Jedi present in order to ensure nothing would get to far out of hand. The actions of the Jedi at the gathering took place among responsible, consenting adults and have discussed the events amongst themselves after the fact in order to ensure there were no objections.

Pics or it didnt happen :laugh:

Sorry, just kidding. I know nathink.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Adder.
  • ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 7 months ago #68942 by ren
Just to clarify, regarding the "totjo victims" of the rumors... It's not what was being said, but how it was being said they had a problem with. After all a rumor is either true or false. A 'regular' rumor would therefore be either fact, or simply someone being mistaken. In this occasion its not quite that simple, the motives aren't clear and certainly seem unJedi-like. That's it.

Although I guess most of you don't know the details of the recent events, it is safe to say that you should avoid lying unless you have a very, very good reason to do so...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi