Council announcement regarding recent rumors

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #68943 by
Pinky, I neither want to know, nor care to know. Rumors have a very bad reputation with me, since a person spread a rumor that I'm going back to my old school for whatever reason. On the other hand, you do at least have the right to know the maker of the rumor and the rumor itself to recognize when to take that person at less than face value.
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #68944 by
I'm kinf of playing devils advocate, but also am a nosy bastard.

Why not post the 'rumours' so that those of us who are curious can judge the merit and or validity in their own right, taking into account the statement above? After all, this series of vehement denials (I have seen this posted like 3 times now, no joke) only raises curiosity and suspicion.
More
11 years 8 months ago #68946 by Angelus
Why doesn't everyone just simmer down. Whatever these rumors are, they're none of our business. I know that there's a forum post about them, but it's only to discourage them. In fact, the only reason i'm jumping in is because this is turning into something more than it needs to be.

Pinky, this forum is not the place for gossip mongering. I think you should curb your curiosity, you're not likely to find an answer to your question here. But if you're really desperate to know, message Ren and see if he thinks it's something you need to know.

Alethea, I don't think it's a matter of disrespect, so much so as idle curiosity.

Desolous, the truth is out there now for those who it applies to. And should you hear any rumors, you'll be able to decide what you think of them, but this is the TOTJO forum, and Jedi are concerned with truth alone, as it says above. Again, this isn't the place for gossip mongering.

Everyone, this isn't a debate, it's a public announcement.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #68947 by
oh Angelus. Everything is a debate these days.

The world of questioning and self-entitlement.
More
11 years 8 months ago #68948 by Angelus
I don't think that's true, but it sure feels like it (our conversation notwithstanding).

Though, to amend my last post, this SHOULD NOT be a debate.

Discussion is healthy and I encourage it, but we have to draw a line between academic/educational debates and pointless arguments, and this isn't the place for us to be arguing.

Again, the truth is out there now. If you come across the rumors, decide what you'd like to believe, but gossiping around here is pointless.

Jedi Knight
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #68949 by
In my own mind, I have blown these rumours waay out of proportion already solely based on the vehemence of the denials, particularly with the need to explicitly clear up sobriety status.
More
11 years 8 months ago #68950 by Angelus
Ren was posting on behalf of the Council, and he didn't post the rumors themselves. I'd take that to mean that the council doesn't consider them very important, especially considering the fact that the rumors aren't even true.

In MY own mind, rumors and gossip are quotidian and nonsensical, and we shouldn't feel the need to find out what these rumors are.

I'm not trying to put anyone down, I just think some of you are placing undue importance on these rumors.

Jedi Knight
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #68951 by
It's human nature to want gossip

But we're not living by our natural desires are we? We're at a point where we think with our brains and not just our instincts.

So just leave it be, it's a statement, not a Q&A.
  • ren
  • Topic Author
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 8 months ago #68952 by ren

Ren was posting on behalf of the Council, and he didn't post the rumors themselves. I'd take that to mean that the council doesn't consider them very important, especially considering the fact that the rumors aren't even true.

That's correct. Whether the rumors are true or not changes absolutely nothing for us. It's a bigger problem for JRC/JGG who organized the gathering. They have to be family friendly.

The council's stance is about the lies, dishonesty and motive that surround the whole situation. These are not Jedi traits, and if it disrupts the temple, it has to be dealt with. Hopefully this friendly reminder will be sufficient in preventing further issues of this type. If not, as stated, there will be sanctions.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Angelus, Jestor, Ben
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #68953 by
'Quotidian and nonsensical indeed'...exactly why playing devils advocate is amusing ro me.

/devils advocate

I could not care less. I have far too many 'rumours' of my own to deal with. For example,I can't wait til friends and family catch me on the news again tonight
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi