Announcement : Re-enactment of moratorium on new apprenticeships

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #367338 by Alexandre Orion
Hello everyone,

It has been decided in the Executive committee of Council yesterday that the Temple of the Jedi Order is now, a year thither, once again under a moratorium on new apprenticeships.

In order to bring to fruition the project of the Education Administration in homogenising Jedi learning and creating a common knowledge base for everyone (a project which has been stalled for various reasons for 10 years), the Council shall not be approving new apprenticeships until the new degree scheme is in place and functioning.

This moratorium is to give those working in apprenticeships presently the time to finish (or at least near completion) before the pedagogical system of the Temple changes. This is also to not have some people working through one programme and others having to work through another.

This decision is made in the interest of improving the pedagogical integrity of the Temple, better training our future Knights and - as aforementioned - ensuring a common knowledge base for everyone.

With the Education Administration, we have given ourselves until the Winter Solstice of 2022 (21 December) to complete the required programmes of study for each degree, which are the prerequisites for eligibility for Knight rank promotions (Knight, Senior Knight, Master). This only applies to the Degree scheme portion of your training.

We thank you for your understanding and hope for your continued support through this phase of what we feel to be a very positive change in our Temple's operation.
Respectfully submitted,
Alexandre Orion, Master Knight
VP of Education

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, rugadd, Carlos.Martinez3, Tellahane, Rex, Zero, Diana W, Vincent Causse, Serenity Amyntas, Owl and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367345 by Edan
And what will happen to those apprentices who don't make your 'deadline' or are maybe halfway through.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367347 by Tellahane

Edan wrote: And what will happen to those apprentices who don't make your 'deadline' or are maybe halfway through.

I assume given it's a year most will be done, what one or two may be left will probably be handled on an individual basis. Based on their progress at that time. That's my assumption though.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367349 by Zero
I’m trying to think of it as a fresh start for totjo….let me explain.

During the next 8 1/2 months, everyone should try to wrap up their current stage of training. Weather your working on the ip, apprenticeship, or your BDiv. We (The Education Administration) would like to have everyone ready to transition to the next phase of their training all at once. To avoid one person working on a degree in one way and the next working on the degree another (as we currently do with the ip) Council decided to stop everyone all at once so we can all make the transition together.

Instead of everyone viewing this as a bad thing, instead look at it as a positive. If your working on the ip, there’s no rush, you have 8 months to finish it. Rushing will not get you any further up the chain. If your an apprentice you have 8 months to get your adiv by current standards. If your a knight, you have 8 months to finish your bdiv. Everyone at the temple reguardless of rank just got handed a temple wide goal……finish the level of training your at. Once your squared away, then we can all pitch in to set new lessons for each of these steps.

In the mean time, we will still be promoting new knights, and senior knights. Guest, members, and novices can still be promoted up through initiate.

All that being said, let’s not get upset at the pause in things, but instead, let’s get to work.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, ren, Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, Satelle, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367351 by Tellahane

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #367352 by Zero
As a member of the education administration I have the right to elaborate on the post so that people understand what it says and what it means for them.

As the head moderator, I’ll let any conversation that is on topic to this announcement happen here.

If anyone has any issues with either of those statements, please feel free to pm me.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Zero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, ren, Alexandre Orion, J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym, Rex, Satelle, Diana W, Vincent Causse and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367366 by Wescli Wardest

Where it seems many people are under the illusion that reading so many different things makes a Jedi, I have never held that belief.
When I take an apprentice it is until growth has occurred and they have had time to not only learn the "stuff" but learn to implement it in their lives. So it can take a while...
Most my apprenticeships last over a year and some have lasted years.

If writing some book reports and pushing people through because they have the right amount of points is all we're going for that's fine. I'll play along. But then there is no legitimate reason any apprentice that get's their points should not be knighted.
:huh:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Carlos.Martinez3, Tellahane, Skryym, ZealotX, Diana W, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367369 by River
The way I read this announcement is that it's more about the a-div part than the Knighthood part. I agree that earning an a-div shouldn't automatically make someone a Knight.
Perhaps I'm just not understanding it all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367370 by Edan

Tellahane wrote:

Edan wrote: And what will happen to those apprentices who don't make your 'deadline' or are maybe halfway through.

I assume given it's a year most will be done, what one or two may be left will probably be handled on an individual basis. Based on their progress at that time. That's my assumption though.

I am just hoping that it has already been decided, seeing as I won't force my apprentices over the finish line just to satisfy a random deadline

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W, Silenus

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #367376 by Zero
River hit the nail on the head. This has nothing to do with making people knights. This is about wrapping up where you are at on the degree scheme. And if you consider 8.5 months worth of focused training to be “rushed” then I’m not sure what to say. What I do know is that come December, anyone who is not ready to progress will be starting over with a specific set of lessons to earn which ever degree they are working on.

This is not about rushing people through knighthood. This Has nothing to do with making apprentices knights. This has to do with apprentices getting their adiv. That they need to become a knight. The lessons from the TM will no longer count for points. Dqs points twards degrees will only come from lessons in the dqs list.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Carlos.Martinez3, River

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi