Vision, Strategic Plan 2019

More
5 years 1 month ago #335848 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019
I'm allowed to make a post to you, granted it was off topic, but if you reply with a question then I thought you'd indicated you wanted me to answer. Its just replying to your questions. Didn't you assert (in that other thread) I was being evasive - because you thought I didn't answer your questions?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335853 by
Replied by on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019

Vision, Stategic Plan 2019 wrote: The Instructor Rank
I think we have to level with ourselves and understand that not all who begin the journey to Knighthood will be granted the rank. Not all who learn here want to be Jedi Knights. That’s why the Degree Scheme is available.
If someone does not make it to Knighthood, but they are granted the Adiv. They can serve as instructors under the supervision of the Edu Admin for specific lessons

That last line here is key. They can serve as instructors... Not that they will. This is akin to how an apprentice can become a Knight... not that they will.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335869 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: That is not my decision to make, but RyuJin's. You'll have to ask him

I have, several times in PM. He has never responded. Am I to assume his silence is a no? Not a very dignified responce from one of the newest council members here... I would just like an answer. You wonder why frustrations run so high here and yet this sort of behaviour continues to be the norm.

My efforts here are to change perceptions, volunteer instead of persecute, work to better this place instead of complain, offer my expertise in good faith instead of accuse. And I am ignored and sidestepped. I must ask you, what is this place truly about if not jumping at the chance to better the individual so that the temple is strengthened?

I would like to redirect this thread back to its last relevant topic and tap Ros on the shoulder to see what her thoughts on this question are. Thanks!B)

More
5 years 1 month ago #335904 by Carlos.Martinez3
This is my own opinion

On the subject of instructors - or posting lessons in the “degree bank”

Good bread is good bread. I can’t see why anynone cant post lessons in a place where you submit lessons and have the degree team qualify and post lessons for any one really. No need for titles as such. We have lessons from past and present and people who have left. It would be —- contrary to my practice if I said you couldn’t learn from anywhere ... hu? The degree scheme is self paced and self chosen - we choose what we post and learn - kinna like in life . I can’t see why we can’t allow any member from any walk of life ( see what I did there?) to be a part .
My opinion.
Hope this helps

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 1 month ago #335907 by Rosalyn J

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: That is not my decision to make, but RyuJin's. You'll have to ask him

I have, several times in PM. He has never responded. Am I to assume his silence is a no? Not a very dignified responce from one of the newest council members here... I would just like an answer. You wonder why frustrations run so high here and yet this sort of behaviour continues to be the norm.

My efforts here are to change perceptions, volunteer instead of persecute, work to better this place instead of complain, offer my expertise in good faith instead of accuse. And I am ignored and sidestepped. I must ask you, what is this place truly about if not jumping at the chance to better the individual so that the temple is strengthened?

I would like to redirect this thread back to its last relevant topic and tap Ros on the shoulder to see what her thoughts on this question are. Thanks!B)

I hear you. Again, its not my call to make. Ive pointed Ryu in the direction of this thread

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 1 month ago #335916 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Vision, Strategic Plan 2019
To be fair to ryujin he has a fair amount of cleanup to do first. It would be best he completes that before getting started on the steps that come after.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335918 by

Rosalyn J wrote:
I hear you. Again, its not my call to make. Ive pointed Ryu in the direction of this thread

Oh I understand that. My point is that it was my proposal that started all this activity. I brought it up in a thread, you and I discussed it. I wrote a formal proposal and gave it to you to submit to council. Council discussed its many aspects and a direction was decided upon internally. As the originator of these things I would like to be involved and as you have helped me with these things I would like you to take up that leadership role and be that facilitator between council and the membership. Instead of saying it's not your job I would expect you would jump at the chance to take up a leadership role and get the answers being asked for from the interested membership (me) and even help organize the infrastructure to get the work done. If one of your fellow council members is unresponsive I would hope you could take up that slack and bridge that gap. What do you say?

More
5 years 1 month ago #335920 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote:

Oh I understand that. My point is that it was my proposal that started all this activity. I brought it up in a thread, you and I discussed it. I wrote a formal proposal and gave it to you to submit to council. Council discussed its many aspects and a direction was decided upon internally. As the originator of these things I would like to be involved and as you have helped me with these things I would like you to take up that leadership role and be that facilitator between council and the membership. Instead of saying it's not your job I would expect you would jump at the chance to take up a leadership role and get the answers being asked for from the interested membership (me) and even help organize the infrastructure to get the work done. If one of your fellow council members is unresponsive I would hope you could take up that slack and bridge that gap. What do you say?

As a start I would say become a member of the temple first then ask for that kind of role/interaction. Just a suggestion since you used the words "interested membership".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi,

More
5 years 1 month ago #335921 by Rosalyn J
Nope. I do not jump. I said it was not my call. Education is not my department

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335927 by

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote:

As a start I would say become a member of the temple first then ask for that kind of role/interaction. Just a suggestion since you used the words "interested membership".

That was a major portion of the proposal I put together and presented to council.

Ros,... jump? I never asked you to jump. I presented the proposal to council, not eduadmin. I'm simply asking for your follow through as a member of that council.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi