What to Do On Stormy Seas

More
6 years 8 months ago #296309 by Rosalyn J
Good timezone Ladies and Gents,

I wish I had had the foresight to write this earlier. The temple is going through a rough patch but I think we'll be alright. I know it must be hard dealing with this while trying to get learning in. Dealing with this while trying to discover what jediism is and who you are and relation to it. Dealing with this while dealing with your own situations. And I'm sorry that for some of you this is the introduction you have gotten about Temple of the Jedi Order. But I would like you to know that the clergy is here to support you, to listen and to talk with you. When you are feeling low, when you are feeling frustrated, when you feel like things are hopeless, please speak with one of us. We are there to help you. You can use an easy method of clicking the contact clergy link on the forum or or you can contact one of us by private message here.

This place is home to a lot of people and we want you to know that we are here for you.

Thank you
Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Brick and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296346 by
Replied by on topic What to Do On Stormy Seas
Forgive my ignorance; I've never been exposed to a place that has clergy. So like, just any personal problem or whatever? Like... Samaritans or so?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296352 by

ReallyRiver wrote: Forgive my ignorance; I've never been exposed to a place that has clergy. So like, just any personal problem or whatever? Like... Samaritans or so?

We're here to serve. Personal problems aren't excluded. :-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296353 by
Oh. Wow. Ok. Thanks!

More
6 years 7 months ago #299244 by Carlos.Martinez3
Samaritans ! I like that ! We are the "church " part of the temple. So spiritually we do... Our vow is to serve the members of the Temple . Every one ! Feel free to use the button!!!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 7 months ago #299248 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic What to Do On Stormy Seas
Not exactly samaritans.
They help a lot but they are not trained counselors and some issues should only be dealt with by professionals.
That aside they are here to help and care for spiritual and personal issues and questions.

Not putting what you do down just making the distinction about some problems.

:)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 7 months ago #299250 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic What to Do On Stormy Seas

They help a lot but they are not trained counselors and some issues should only be dealt with by professionals.
That aside they are here to help and care for spiritual and personal issues and questions.

Having spent the last twenty five odd years dealing with "professionals" I can fairly confidently say they're as often as not as useful as*....the proverbial, and a bit of understanding from someone who actually gives a damn can go a damn* sight further in helping you get through life that all the wisdom of a twat with a clipboard a framed piece of card on the wall.

YMMV.

*I just want to congratulate myself on how many times I managed to use "as" there.

*and again for damn. Although that's possibly just laziness using the same intensifier....

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #299264 by Carlos.Martinez3

elizabeth wrote: Not exactly samaritans.

If you need credentials, we got em. Feel free to pm the Outreach Team if you would like more background .

Not putting you down but here we are able to have those type of qualifications AND serve. If... Any ordained clergy and qualified clergy like to join as well feel free to pm me any time , we are ready and willing to serve !

Edit: any one needing professional help will be told and offered many difrent avenue of help and or treatment . Feel free to call upon us.

Most of us here are validate-ers ...hearts who need proof . I wouldn't have it any other way !
A list of qualifications and certificates will be avalible upon request and ... Or posted somewhere . I'll get with pastor for more on that but thank you Elizabeth . Keep seeking keep finding ! All my love Temple !

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299275 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic What to Do On Stormy Seas

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

If you need credentials, we got em. Feel free to pm the Outreach Team if you would like more background .

Not putting you down but here we are able to have those type of qualifications AND serve. If... Any ordained clergy and qualified clergy like to join as well feel free to pm me any time , we are ready and willing to serve !

Edit: any one needing professional help will be told and offered many difrent avenue of help and or treatment . Feel free to call upon us.

Most of us here are validate-ers ...hearts who need proof . I wouldn't have it any other way !
A list of qualifications and certificates will be avalible upon request and ... Or posted somewhere . I'll get with pastor for more on that but thank you Elizabeth . Keep seeking keep finding ! All my love Temple !

Thats great sent a pm...
And just so your clear I do serve and have the qualifications to do so..
So I dont feel you put me down at all I do think you were being sarcastic but hey thats fine.
I have the welfare of people at heart just the same as any clergy member.. just because I dont agree with being a member of the clergy doesnt make what I do any less.
Thank you

Everything is belief

More
6 years 7 months ago #299291 by Carlos.Martinez3

elizabeth wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Thats great sent a pm...
And just so your clear I do serve and have the qualifications to do so..
So I dont feel you put me down at all I do think you were being sarcastic but hey thats fine.
I have the welfare of people at heart just the same as any clergy member.. just because I dont agree with being a member of the clergy doesnt make what I do any less.
Thank you

If u like join the ministry and help join , help, there is always room for qualified people. The outreach team is deacon on up so feel free to see myself or pastor for more information. The doors are always open !

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi