Chistian Flag Flown Over National Flag - Pandemonium Doesn't Ensue

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197106 by
I don't make it a habit to click on links associated with Fox news, but I did find this short interview interesting. I can't say I agree with either side of the debate - I'm more of an outside observer - but it is certainly something to ponder, if nothing else.

Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197135 by
I believe God should come before country, but personally I think a flag to represent Christianity is unnecessary. Does one really need to show to the world what their religion is? As I understand it, that's not what being a Christian is about.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197136 by
Geez, you Americans and your obsession with flags :D

The Christian guy got a lot of the narrative wrong, such as the "suppression" of Christian faith which only exists if Christianity is put on a pedestal it should never be on in the first place.

Aside from that, well I'm not someone who cares about flags and I'm certainly not a patriot so he can do whatever he wants (even if his reasoning is suspect).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197144 by

Akkarin wrote: Geez, you Americans and your obsession with flags :D

THANK you! LOL I'm American and even I think this is ridiculous. It's totally symbolic and nothing more. It's ink on fabric.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 9 months ago #197147 by ren

Akkarin wrote: Geez, you Americans and your obsession with flags :D

The Christian guy got a lot of the narrative wrong, such as the "suppression" of Christian faith which only exists if Christianity is put on a pedestal it should never be on in the first place.

Aside from that, well I'm not someone who cares about flags and I'm certainly not a patriot so he can do whatever he wants (even if his reasoning is suspect).

Imagine what it looks like to those of us who come from countries that don't put flags everywhere, don't put the country's name everywhere, and don't have to put "great" in the country's name....

This being said I saw an american argue about upside down flags with a british/english citizen, who found it difficult to explain to the american why having an upside down union or english flag made no difference to her whatsoever. :D

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197149 by steamboat28

Streen wrote: I believe God should come before country, but personally I think a flag to represent Christianity is unnecessary.

The Christian flag exists for the same reasons every other flag exists. Or business signs, for that matter.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197161 by
Christian flag?

The United Kingdom's flag is a combination of the Cross of St. George, the Cross of St. Andrew, and the Cross of St. Patrick.

Just sayin'

More
8 years 9 months ago #197164 by Kit
Here's my issue with it:

United States Flag Code
Order Code RL30243

(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the
right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services
conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown
above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person
shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international
flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to or in place
of the flag of the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided,
That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice
heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of
superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal
prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the
headquarters of the United Nations.

The following user(s) said Thank You: , Athena_Undomiel

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197167 by
What really gets me is when I see a McDonalds flying a golden arches corporate logo flag on a taller flagpole, right in in center between the slightly lower national and state flag poles. I mean it doesn't upset me, but I definitely roll my eyes and shake my head, and yet wonder where the outrage is there.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #197169 by OB1Shinobi
mcdonalds probably has a greater significance in the lives of many americans than the american flag - the symbolism is apropos in my mind

in fact i would get a snapshot and call it art

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi