Jedi and "Drugs"

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190511 by
Jedi and "Drugs" was created by
The title may be deceiving but bare with me. When I talk about drugs and Jediism, I mean ALL drugs. This means caffeine, Tobacco(nicotine), Alcohol, Marijuana/Cannabis(obviously), etc. I am fine with Jedi who partake in the legal consumption as long as they do not become an addict. I am also fine with Jedi who use Cannabis. My question is how do you feel about the Jedi using drugs(medical or otherwise).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #190512 by PatrickB
Replied by PatrickB on topic Jedi and "Drugs"
For real in life when someone uses a product it always better with moderation . Before getting an addiction usually people don't known he as one . So everything on earth is to take with precaution . And of course legalizing marijuana they should be guide lines written on the product . . . :sick:

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190513 by
Replied by on topic Jedi and "Drugs"
I would like to think a real Jedi would be aware enough to know if he was addicted to something or not.

I have no problems with the consumption and use of drugs. IF. It follows a couple guidelines:

1. Will it permanently harm or hinder me and my goals as Jedi?
2. Will it harm or disrupt the peace of those around me?
3. Is it illegal?
4. Is there a good reason for your consumption?
5. Can I control the possible addiction and/or quit were in necessary for me to do so?

I personally admit to being addicted to Caffeinated beverages. More specifically, Rip It's and Monsters. For 6 years I worked third shift, full time, over time jobs at Target. Right after I had a kid.....and another a year after that. A monster in the morning is like my coffee....Except I don't like the taste of Coffee so I have a Monster or Rip It, it wakes me up quickly, and gives me the pep I need to keep up with my kids.

However.

1. No it wont permanently harm or hinder me from my goals and duties as Jedi
2. No, it has no effect on anyone but me.
3. No, it is not illegal.
4. My reason is above. It is not good, and yes I should quit...I am working on it and am down to drinking only half the cans
5. Done it once. Can do it again.....if I really must/have to. I love the taste though soooo I wont go cold turkey right now...not yet anyways XD lol

B)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190515 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi and "Drugs"

Kitsu Tails wrote: I would like to think a real Jedi would be aware enough to know if he was addicted to something or not.

I have no problems with the consumption and use of drugs. IF. It follows a couple guidelines:

1. Will it permanently harm or hinder me and my goals as Jedi?
2. Will it harm or disrupt the peace of those around me?
3. Is it illegal?
4. Is there a good reason for your consumption?
5. Can I control the possible addiction and/or quit were in necessary for me to do so?

I personally admit to being addicted to Caffeinated beverages. More specifically, Rip It's and Monsters. For 6 years I worked third shift, full time, over time jobs at Target. Right after I had a kid.....and another a year after that. A monster in the morning is like my coffee....Except I don't like the taste of Coffee so I have a Monster or Rip It, it wakes me up quickly, and gives me the pep I need to keep up with my kids.

However.

1. No it wont permanently harm or hinder me from my goals and duties as Jedi
2. No, it has no effect on anyone but me.
3. No, it is not illegal.
4. My reason is above. It is not good, and yes I should quit...I am working on it and am down to drinking only half the cans
5. Done it once. Can do it again.....if I really must/have to. I love the taste though soooo I wont go cold turkey right now...not yet anyways XD lol

B)

I personally drink coffee and Monster. Especially now I work 4am-1pm and sometimes overtime. So I drink alot of it.
In high school I was basically a "New Age Hippie" so to speak i was also very nerdy. Marijuana doesn't scientifically do any long term harm. The most intelligent people have done it.(Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Carl Sagan, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, the list goes on) that why I think it should be legal and is ok in Jediism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190518 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi and "Drugs"

Venator Mortis wrote: I personally drink coffee and Monster. Especially now I work 4am-1pm and sometimes overtime. So I drink alot of it.

Yea in Target I would start work at 3am (which means I was up at 2am) and worked until 8am.....or rather....that was when i was schedualed to leave. But instead I would leave work more around 12 or 1pm. I would unload the truck then lift heavy things in pets or Chemicals.....Monsters were NECESSARY sometimes to make it through :pinch:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190520 by
Kitsu what is your stance on the Marijuana issue? If I may ask?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190521 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Jedi and "Drugs"
a drug addict is in need of learning to live a jedi lifestyle more than anyone i can think of

if youre not already a drug addict i would recommend not doing anything which might alter that situation

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brenna,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190522 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: a drug addict is in need of learning to live a jedi lifestyle more than anyone i can think of

if youre not already a drug addict i would recommend not doing anything which might alter that situation

Not to get too personal but my brother is an alcoholic and still is. I've tried to help him but he ends up back on the bottle. I agree addicts would improve by becoming Jedi and dropping their addictions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190523 by

Venator Mortis wrote: Kitsu what is your stance on the Marijuana issue? If I may ask?

In my guideline it asks "Is it illegal?" As Jedi we should always strive to Uphold the Laws. If it is Illegal then you probubly should avoid it.

As an Herbologiest myself....I don't see any issues with it when used within reason and proper application. I find it to be a great herb for many ailments and not against Jedi Morals. However, It is not the Jedi thing to go sneaking seeds over boarder and growing your own Marijuana garden for the pleasures of smoking it to get a buzz.

More
8 years 11 months ago #190524 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Jedi and "Drugs"
I think circumstances are to varied for an absolute on this, but from personal experience I don't have a problem with anything as long as it is treated responsibly. Keep in mind that responsible treatment is sometimes eradication.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor, Locksley, Archon, Edan,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi