The World

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186363 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-865kufgag

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, a67, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 weeks ago #186371 by
Replied by on topic The World

Vraell wrote: Today i wonder, how humanity have come to this point?

I wish you could see me shaking my head in disappointment. I also wish I could say that there is hope in the future, but as is obvious, society is crumbling globally.

I know there aren't a lot of Jedi that combine their beliefs with Christianity, but for me it makes sense because it describes in detail the idea that the world will come to an end, and that we will be saved by Christ himself.

I honestly don't see any other way through the mess that is our world.

More
9 years 1 month ago #186390 by a67
Replied by a67 on topic The World
:laugh: oh Proteus! Thats was really funny! Loll :woohoo:

Do you knew our sun is binary? I was asking myself if that brother sun have planet with him.

Lord Jesus =)
I would like to elaborate on this subject.
But the Force suggest me to don't say anything else.

Just to all be aware that he dissapear a time before he reappear.
And he learned a lot of the world around like bouddhism.
But unfortunately the original bouddhism had burned so all we have are copy.
http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=50038
Thats make me think on the ring of salomon.
Century after people was trying to use salomon knowledge but was disfunctional.
Do you really think that the truth Knowledge don't burn with the fall of his kingdom?

:whistle:
Courage .. Jedi are back! Loll

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #186421 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The World

Streen wrote: ... as is obvious, society is crumbling globally.

Oh, is it? And that's obvious, you say? Please, go on. How so?

I know there aren't a lot of Jedi that combine their beliefs with Christianity, but for me it makes sense because it describes in detail the idea that the world will come to an end, and that we will be saved by Christ himself.

I honestly don't see any other way through the mess that is our world.

In other words, there is no way we can improve anything, so let's wait for the end of the world like we've been saying it is imminent for milennia. Indeed, let Jesus take the wheel because we can't steer by ourselves, at least not to where anything actually improves. While we're at it, let's ignore the countless occasions where we have and still do and focus on the roads not travelled yet.

Now, that may be your view and you are welcome to it. I would however, out of caution, attribute it to your personal frustration and not to Christianity, because yours is one of but many interpretations and especially because the implications of yours are such that I reckon many of your brothers and sisters in faith would not view as an inherent part of theirs.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Gisteron.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 weeks ago #186475 by
Standing amidst the ruins of a European town following the Second World War was a damaged statue of Jesus; the figure standing with arms outstretched, but now, without hands. The townspeople almost despaired of the work needed to restore their beloved village until they read the handwritten message scrawled upon the base of the sculpture, "You are now my hands."

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186491 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic The World
I think in an age of information, we are saturated with the worlds problems but we cannot possibly conceive of the tremendous kindness, the good people, the wonders of discovery, and the humane core that everyone shares. When we focus on our anxieties, that is all we see. Who wouldn't despair?

Watch a wild flower garden for awhile, when the weather is nice and calm.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: , a67

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 weeks ago #186618 by

Gisteron wrote:

Streen wrote: ... as is obvious, society is crumbling globally.

Oh, is it? And that's obvious, you say? Please, go on. How so?

Have you been watching the news? I mean there are wars everywhere. Terrorism is rampant. School students are killing each other. What more proof do you want?

In other words, there is no way we can improve anything, so let's wait for the end of the world like we've been saying it is imminent for milennia.

In that sense, I hope I am very very wrong. Please don't take what I said as what I want to happen. My parents are Christians so I hear a lot of this kind of language about recent events being Biblically predicted. I've personally gone back and forth between believing it and not. I'm sorry if I made it sound like it was inevitable, but I think it's a possibility.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #186621 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic The World

Streen wrote: Have you been watching the news? I mean there are wars everywhere. Terrorism is rampant. School students are killing each other. What more proof do you want?

There have always been wars everywhere.
Terrorism occurs anytime zealots of any ideology choose to state their point through fear.
School shootings aren't the only mass murders; mankind has been perfecting them since we discovered fire.

My parents are Christians so I hear a lot of this kind of language about recent events being Biblically predicted. I've personally gone back and forth between believing it and not.

The thing about Biblical prophecy is that there are a near-infinite number of ways to interpret Revelation, and all but one of them say that the events have either already happened, or are so purely allegorical that they never will.
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by steamboat28.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #186623 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic The World
There are different variations of the story, in some it is a young boy, in others, a young lady, but I believe this story aptly answers your Question:
Once upon a time, there was an old man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning before he began his work. Early one morning, he was walking along the shore after a big storm had passed and found the vast beach littered with starfish as far as the eye could see, stretching in both directions.

Off in the distance, the old man noticed a small boy approaching. As the boy walked, he paused every so often and as he grew closer, the man could see that he was occasionally bending down to pick up an object and throw it into the sea. The boy came closer still and the man called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”

The young boy paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide has washed them up onto the beach and they can’t return to the sea by themselves,” the youth replied. “When the sun gets high, they will die, unless I throw them back into the water.”

The old man replied, “But there must be tens of thousands of starfish on this beach. I’m afraid you won’t really be able to make much of a difference.”

The boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it as far as he could into the ocean. Then he turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”

We as Jedi cannot change the world overnight, but if we can make a difference in one person's life one person at a time, and while it will be a slow process, I believe it is worth it.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #186624 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic The World

Vraell wrote: Can we create such organization that can bring order to this chaos?

If we brought order to chaos, new chaos would form. Just like if we brought chaos to order, new order would be born in its wake. It's the way of things; both must exist, or neither.

Can Men be saved?

Men can only be saved if they choose to be. No outside force can impose salvation on someone who doesn't want it.

Even its not we jedi who stop this madness, can anyone create something like a jedi order, something to end this?

To do so would be more oppressive than the current state. Is that worth it, in your eyes?
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by steamboat28.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi