• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186664 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic The World
mainstream media has 1 mantra....if it bleeds it leads....and the more horrific the story the higher the ratings and likelihood of wide range media coverage...."fluff pieces" don't get much media attention if any... the human trait of "morbid curiosity" is powerful enough to make most people crave to see some form of devastation...so they'll actively seek it out, rather than seeking out the good....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, , OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #186670 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic The World

OB1Shinobi wrote: thats cool, i didnt know that idea had any deliberate political representation
thats really awesome to learn; turns out the world is doing better than i realized!

They haven't made a lot of progress yet, but with such a great move toward interconnectivity, and in a world where everything from SNAP applications to job applications to banking to healthcare are handled online, folks who don't have a reliable internet connection are significantly cut off from the rest of the world in ways we never predicted would be possible.

Some towns have put through referendums and bills to get a public Internet utility going to ensure decent prices, paid through city taxes, but it's an idea that hasn't gotten as much attention as it should.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, OB1Shinobi

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186671 by RyuJin

steamboat28 wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: thats cool, i didnt know that idea had any deliberate political representation
thats really awesome to learn; turns out the world is doing better than i realized!

They haven't made a lot of progress yet, but with such a great move toward interconnectivity, and in a world where everything from SNAP applications to job applications to banking to healthcare are handled online, folks who don't have a reliable internet connection are significantly cut off from the rest of the world in ways we never predicted would be possible.

Some towns have put through referendums and bills to get a public Internet utility going to ensure decent prices, paid through city taxes, but it's an idea that hasn't gotten as much attention as it should.

try finding and applying for a job without internet access....it's nearly impossible....almost no one uses paper applications any more.....not a well thought out system to be sure....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #186672 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic The World
at the heart of it i honestly belive that the internet actually makes "world peace" a plausible idea

obviously people who just want to fight are going to fight regardless

but to have the sum total of the worlds knowledge and instant communication with anyone anywhere at our fingers to me is a strong push that the idea of the global citizen and global equality is something we can really do - maybe in our own lifetimes even

@ryujin
yeah ive had that same problem

add not having a cell phone (or an address!) to the equation and its kind of a waste of time to even try most of the "normal" ways of finding work

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186676 by RyuJin
been there done that ..... it took years and steps upon steps to land my last job...and the one i'm waiting on now is going on the 9th month....

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #186967 by
Replied by on topic The World
Humana kind have much to learn yet, se need a world with more justice, more equal rights, a world more United, the end of wars and conflicts. Maybe one day we became my dream...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi