The Vision of Knighthood

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178496 by
Replied by on topic The Vision of Knighthood

Senan wrote: For me the name "knight" is less about the title and more about the tradition it comes from and the idea it is built on, chivalry. As a knight, one should be expected to live by a very ideal code of conduct. A knight will be held to a much higher standard when being judged by that code of conduct. It is why the title "knight" is an honorable one that must be earned.

So as it applies to Jedi, a Jedi Knight is one who has an understanding of our ideal code of conduct and has demonstrated that they are committed to living their life accordingly. Along with the title, they also accept that they should and will be judged by a higher standard than other Jedi.

In the middle ages, the definition and moral code of a knight could vary from kingdom to kingdom. Just as it was in medieval times, the definition of "Jedi Knight" will vary from organization to organization of Jedi.

Right. Just as one's Vision will change :) They all reflect the same ideals but it is both humbling and informative to seek inwards and see how our personal Vision aligns with the orders :) Some people will find that they really are not Knights and are something else like Dai Bendu or Healer. These exercizes I always found useful for inner reflections :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178503 by
Peace

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178504 by
I was responding to your post, that's why. I saw your purpose was to have people make up their own, and I questioned that need. But, since this is a game, I can understand what's going on. Sorry for taking up space in your thread.

More
9 years 3 months ago #178506 by Wescli Wardest

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Proteus wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: Ok guys! Next Game: Describe in one Paragraph what the "Vision" of a Jedi Knight, is.

Think of the Vision like a kind of Mission Statement. Something that the Jedi Knight is aspiring to achieve for himself, the public and community.

Actually, we have a Knight's Code here.

The Knight's Code wrote: A Knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His word speaks only truth.
His shield shelters the forsaken.
His courage gives hope to the despairing.
His justice undoes the wicked.
His image brings peace.
His code breaks the darkness,
His legend brings light.

It is recited at each Knighting as a mission statement of sorts, on its own, for each Knight to consider and stand by.

The goal was for everyone to make up their own ;)

Why?

Do you see Knight as separate from Jedi, then...Connor?

It is in my opinion that it is healthy and educative to every so often flex those brain muscles and think for yourself rather than blindly follow predetermined Codes, Rules, Vows and Visions. As Jedi we should be able to think and act of our own accord and value our own self definitions of things. If the Predefined Mission Statement matches with your own then whats the fuss about? :) Have you never grown up doing mind games before?

Flexing brain muscles is good. Understanding and living up to codes is a lot harder. It may be easy to imagine that those that have become Knights of Jediism blindly follow predetermined codes for those that do not yet understand what it is they follow. Dedication and service to an idea, code, vow or ideals may be confused as blind dedication but it is more like existing in and within it.
Jedi should think for themselves and act in accordance with what they believe. And that is what most people do whether they are Jedi or not. How many people act in accordance with what is not in their belief scheme and value system? Knights of Jediism do not just believe that we each should act in accordance with our values but also attempt to live by the understanding of a higher standard that is shown us in the Force. Where the individual may have a value system that allows them to steal from one another and still be in accordance with their own belief system; and a Jedi may see this as an act that has the possibility of causing harm to another (not saying wrong or right or morally condemning) a Knight of Jediism should be the defense of those that can not defend themselves. A Knight of Jediism should not only live the path but should be an example others look to, a servant of the Force to all and a force that acts when others fail or will not.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178510 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: Why?

Because I can? Because its fun? Because its Educative? Because I want to?

....It was just a game. So sorry for ruffling feathers of the oh so serious.

Thank you to everyone else who participated :) I loved them all, its so wonderful to see the creativity of others. Great work!

Mine:
A Jedi Knight seeks Rectitude in Mind, Body & Spirit. He or She endeavors to harmonize with The Force through Meditation (Mind), Training (Body) & The Journey (Spirit). He or She places themselves into the Service of those in need of leadership (Mind), Guidance (Body) and Support (Spirit). And actively works towards the improvement of his or her path as a Jedi Knight dependent on his or her Orders needs and requirements at the time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178511 by
Joke Vision

:silly:

My vision for knighthood would probably be something like this:

To embrace the multiplicity of life in the cosmos
To live in harmony with that diverse life in the universe
To recognize and mitigate the suffering I cause other lifeforms
To prevent and and minimize the suffering of marginalized beings where ever they may be
To foster focus, knowledge, and understanding in all who would seek it
To promote balance in a polarized world
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178513 by

Jamie Stick wrote:

Joke Vision

:silly:

My vision for knighthood would probably be something like this:

To embrace the multiplicity of life in the cosmos
To live in harmony with that diverse life in the universe
To recognize and mitigate the suffering I cause other lifeforms
To prevent and and minimize the suffering marginalized beings where ever they may be
To foster focus, knowledge, and understanding in all who would seek it
To promote balance in a polarized world

hahahaha!!! I love the Joke version!! XD Also love your own ^_^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178514 by
Mitakuye Oyasin

More
9 years 3 months ago #178521 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The Vision of Knighthood

Kitsu Tails wrote: The goal was for everyone to make up their own ;)

oh ok. :)

then:

Proteus wrote: Be here now.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

More
9 years 3 months ago #178523 by Wescli Wardest

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Wescli Wardest wrote: Why?

Because I can? Because its fun? Because its Educative? Because I want to?

....It was just a game. So sorry for ruffling feathers of the oh so serious.

Just curious. :P

Not meaning t put anyone on the defensive. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi