The Vision of Knighthood

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178475 by
Replied by on topic The Vision of Knighthood
Why make up our own when we have a perfectly good one? This is the Knight part, I feel like it kind of neglects the Jedi part, which is highly spiritual (for me, anyway).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178476 by

Connor L. wrote: Why make up our own when we have a perfectly good one? This is the Knight part, I feel like it kind of neglects the Jedi part, which is highly spiritual (for me, anyway).

Do you see Knight as separate from Jedi, then...Connor?

It is in my opinion that it is healthy and educative to every so often flex those brain muscles and think for yourself rather than blindly follow predetermined Codes, Rules, Vows and Visions. As Jedi we should be able to think and act of our own accord and value our own self definitions of things. If the Predefined Mission Statement matches with your own then whats the fuss about? :) Have you never grown up doing mind games before?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178477 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic The Vision of Knighthood
everything we say or do
supports a cause

always say yes
or
never say no
?
nobody ever has more than a handful of original thoughts or ideas in their whole life
everything youve ever thought has been floating around in the air since the last time someone thought it
you just picked it up
its not yours so dont be so attatched to the idea of where it came from or whose it is

If you really love me
share the noblest of your thoughts with me
i will love you back

and rememner that every time you speak you are sharing your thoughts
are the thoughts you are sharing right now
the noblest thougts of your heart?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178478 by
I have, it's just not what I'm interested in right now. Though, I do see the merit.

I see the Knight as separate, yes. It is an addendum to the Jedi name. One can be a Knight. One can be a Jedi. One can be a Jedi Knight. How is that not the adding of the two terms? Master is a little different. One could be a Master alone. But Jedj Master is not the adding. It is rather an adjective to Jedi. A Jedi who is a Master.

A Knight who is a Jedi. A Jedi who is a Knight. Knights have their own conditions. At IJRS, our schema shows a difference.

One can go down the path of the Knight, which is a well-rounded Jedi with knightly qualities. But one doesn't have to to become a Jedi Master. Not everybody is meant to be a Knight. So we have Jedi Healer, Jedi Diplomat, etc. They can become Jedi Healer Masters.

I do not believe in limiting the Jedi path to the Knightly one (in terms of advancement). One can reach totality, enlightenment and be a Jedi Master without ever stepping foot in a Knight's shoes (in my mind, anyway).

This is, of course, different for everybody. I do not claim monopoly on the Path. Just my path. Lol

More
9 years 3 months ago #178480 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The Vision of Knighthood

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Connor L. wrote: Why make up our own when we have a perfectly good one? This is the Knight part, I feel like it kind of neglects the Jedi part, which is highly spiritual (for me, anyway).

Do you see Knight as separate from Jedi, then...Connor?

It is in my opinion that it is healthy and educative to every so often flex those brain muscles and think for yourself rather than blindly follow predetermined Codes, Rules, Vows and Visions. As Jedi we should be able to think and act of our own accord and value our own self definitions of things. If the Predefined Mission Statement matches with your own then whats the fuss about? :) Have you never grown up doing mind games before?

If somebody resonates enough with something they find, and it describes what they feel better than what they themselves come up with, there is nothing wrong with choosing it. Why limit this to making up your own, when you can either do that, or post something you have discovered elsewhere that does just as good a job?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 3 months ago #178481 by Carlos.Martinez3
Hey Kit, I'm game...

Be different be, the difference...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178486 by
Thank You Carlos B)

Connor - If your not interested in it....why comment? I'm not forcing you to participate in the exercise.

As for the rest of what you said. I am not in opposition in the belief of different paths for Jedi. Do however believe that each of those paths are in fact connected and in unison of the meaning and purpose of Jedi. It is just a different method of doing Jedi. Eveyone has a little Knight in them, a little healer, a little guardian, a little Sentinel....We each and everyone of us hold these qualities. We just choose to Master in one of them. That makes us no less or separate from: Jedi.

If I thought that you guys enjoyed this game for "Knight" I had planned to do the same for the other classes....

Proteus - Just because a person my "Resonate" with something doesn't mean it has to be the exact same tune, that is what we define as....A Cult. It is not like I am asking people to change their beliefs or start following it or that TOTJO should change theirs. Its just an exercise.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #178490 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic The Vision of Knighthood
Keep your heart open, your actions in line with your words and always..always... Laugth till your belly hurts and share your love with the world.
we are one and connected to all so just enjoy the journey, especially the twists and turns ;)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kit, Edan, Carlos.Martinez3

More
9 years 3 months ago #178493 by Carlos.Martinez3
I think the world needs to see the difference. If we r the difference, shouldn't we act like it? I think the time for the Knights and Jedi will come soon. Our time is coming, let us show that we are what has been missing all this time. Let the Force be with and in us and in everything we do

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178495 by
For me the name "knight" is less about the title and more about the tradition it comes from and the idea it is built on, chivalry. As a knight, one should be expected to live by a very ideal code of conduct. A knight will be held to a much higher standard when being judged by that code of conduct. It is why the title "knight" is an honorable one that must be earned.

So as it applies to Jedi, a Jedi Knight is one who has an understanding of our ideal code of conduct and has demonstrated that they are committed to living their life accordingly. Along with the title, they also accept that they should and will be judged by a higher standard than other Jedi.

In the middle ages, the definition and moral code of a knight could vary from kingdom to kingdom. Just as it was in medieval times, the definition of "Jedi Knight" will vary from organization to organization of Jedi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi