Jedi Realism - What else is real?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #175428 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Realism - What else is real?

Whyte Horse wrote: Does anybody know of anything else like Jediism that was inspired by fiction and became a real thing? )

Most all religion's roots?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #175471 by
Yep, Klingons, Vampires, Elves, Vulcans... I've heard of those. There was also a brief growth of Matrix followers. Not surprising really, considering all the philosophical talk in the movie. Maybe they're still around. *shrug*

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175765 by OB1Shinobi
I put a matrix article in my journal yesterday and actually and only a couple of hours ago i was using the matrix syntax as paralel of our own lives in a discussion with my mother.

For the topic
i dont know (or really care much, its not my path) that L. Ron Hubbard wrote Dianetics on a bet
basically that he made a bet thT he could write a book that tons of peolple would be so impressed by that it would inspire a religion

Im not saying that the rumour is true only that it is true that there is such a rumour

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
9 years 4 months ago #175774 by Alethea Thompson
I'm surprised no one said the obvious: Scientology :P

However even from the SW verse, people developed Sith, Jensaari, Karth, Baran Do, and Mando was in the making for awhile. But Sith has been the most successful.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 4 months ago #175775 by OB1Shinobi
Hi Alethea :-)
DIANETICS is the book thaT inspired scientology

Mando, Barando, Jensaari, are these from the star wars books?
Is do you know of any online source i could learn more about them?

Thank you for your time :-)

People are complicated.

More
9 years 4 months ago #175795 by steamboat28

Whyte Horse wrote: Does anybody know of anything else like Jediism that was inspired by fiction and became a real thing?

Dudeism.

Though, personally, I did write a post about this some great time back, where I used the advent of Jediism to suggest that there are way too many known fictional deities (i.e., deities we can source back to guaranteed works of fiction by guaranteed fiction writers, like JRRT and GRRM) that exemplify traits we should focus on for them not to have their own faiths.

My syncretism doesn't stop with "real" deities; I have very often used everything from the Valar to Crom to "D&Deities" alongside Odin, Guan Yu, and Anubis on my altar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #179513 by
Now that I have thought on it more, I have heard of people that follow a similar belief system seen in "The Elder Scrolls" game series. Around Daedrism ( Daedric Gods ), Telvanni ( like druids in a way ) etc.
I only know of one person that is part of the Daedrism movement. He explained a bit about it.

There are the Daedra Gods that are the equivalent to the devil and therefore there is a whole pact of Daedrists that are like Satanists. Then there is the flip side of Daedric worshipers that worship the other side, like Christians worship God.
Daedrism also is similar to Hinduism, having several gods.

More
9 years 3 months ago #179515 by Gisteron
Hmm doesn't sound much like the fictional Daedric cults I got familiar with but then again, Jediists have barely anything in common with their fictional counterparts either... Didn't know it was a thing though, thanks!

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
9 years 3 months ago #179528 by Alethea Thompson
All but the Baran Do have been taught at my home order through 3-5 (depending on what time frame we're talking about) aspects (Light, Dark, Shadow, Independent, Universal, etc). Baan Do use to have their own group, but it looks like the site is completely down now. :/

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #179530 by
Xhaiden restarted The Jediism Way, Alley. Hence why he closed BD.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi