Jedi Realism - What else is real?

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
9 years 4 months ago #175347 by Whyte Horse
Does anybody know of anything else like Jediism that was inspired by fiction and became a real thing? I think it would be cool to have real elves B)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #175372 by Amaya
I've heard of people being inspired by Vulcan philosophy.
They actually use the fictional Vulcan culture ideas in life.
It is in ways similar to jediism :)
Live long and prosper :laugh:

Everything is belief

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175374 by Tarran

Whyte Horse wrote: Does anybody know of anything else like Jediism that was inspired by fiction and became a real thing? I think it would be cool to have real elves B)

Actually, there are such Elven people in reality - though just not like in stories. An actual race of human beings, the old myths about their having goat-shaped ears and magical powers is due to their image being demonized by extreme quasi-christians of centuries ago.

According to some old folklore, they were found mostly in the mountains of Scandinavia, but they were also in the British Isles... and these latter were wholly or partly Pictish. So you see, this is one example where fantasy had actually sprang from reality.

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Tarran.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 4 months ago #175385 by ren
There's probably vampires too.

(and those other book-based religions...)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #175387 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Realism - What else is real?

Tarran wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: Does anybody know of anything else like Jediism that was inspired by fiction and became a real thing? I think it would be cool to have real elves B)

Actually, there are such Elven people in reality - though just not like in stories. An actual race of human beings, the old myths about their having goat-shaped ears and magical powers is due to their image being demonized by extreme quasi-christians of centuries ago.

According to some old folklore, they were found mostly in the mountains of Scandinavia, but they were also in the British Isles... and these latter were wholly or partly Pictish. So you see, this is one example where fantasy had actually sprang from reality.

i agree. i think it is the other way around.

this is the exact reason those who blindly follow the religion of science annoy the shit out of me sometimes, they can easily be ignored, but they are often more belligerent than "quasi"neo-"christians". "science" has told so many lies and covered up so many actual scientific findings, truths, and archaeological evidence that it is WITHOUT any doubt whatsoever a full blown religion of deceit and FAITH. take for instance modern mainstream medicine's(medici) relationship to mainstream science, and how the oldest medicine on earth "has no medicinal value". it is about bank and pharmakeia. http://www.theopenscroll.com/pharmakeia.htm (i've barely begun to read this link, and i'd also like to add that there is witchcraft and sorcery in the Bible that was commanded and condoned by "God")

yes, there is science, but it isn't hard to recognize the disciples of the "scientific" religion when they start spewing the nonsensical absolutes and doctrines of their blind, retarded faith.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #175391 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Realism - What else is real?

ren wrote: There's probably vampires too.

I have heard of Vampric Cults in the world. Got bored one day, searched it :lol:
Although they are very hard to actually find and join I believe. I think you need to be invited by their elders or something like that.... :dry:

More
9 years 4 months ago #175399 by Breeze el Tierno
Perhaps back to the original intent of the poster, I know that a few people tried to get an Order of the White Lotus going. The secret society from Avatar: the last airbender. It never quite got going. Also, there is a chapter of Dumbledore's Army in a local college town. They do a lot of charitable work. Soup kitchens and such.

Nothing else comes to mind.

More
9 years 4 months ago #175402 by J_Roz
I know groups of Klingons.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
More
9 years 4 months ago #175417 by Whyte Horse
Hehe, Lord of the rings moviemakers borrowed from pict culture to make elf cinema. That's something I DID NOT see coming :)
Speak friend and enter

The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
More
9 years 4 months ago #175422 by Whyte Horse

SGaelach wrote:

ren wrote: There's probably vampires too.

I have heard of Vampric Cults in the world. Got bored one day, searched it :lol:
Although they are very hard to actually find and join I believe. I think you need to be invited by their elders or something like that.... :dry:

I think I came across one called DarkAsia when I was trying to find goth scenes in Bangkok. I'm not really into the vampire scene but love the goth costumes.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135