Advice

More
9 years 5 months ago #167688 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Advice
If you are viewing the forum on its web page you should still be able to view your messages.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #167689 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Advice

Exar Qel Droma wrote: I'm not on a computer I'm on a mobile phone

Quite a few of us access totjo from a mobile device...

What browser are you using?

Try clearing your cache first thing....

Or even power cycling your phone..;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
9 years 5 months ago #167690 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re:Advice

Exar Qel Droma wrote: I'm not on a computer I'm on a mobile phone

The website itself works the same on mobile as it does on the desktop, unless you are using an app like tapatalk. Tapatalk does not access our PM system, only the forum feed.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 5 months ago #167698 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Advice
If you get the PM function worked out you can send a message. I, and I am sure many others, would be happy to hear you out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167699 by
Replied by on topic Advice

Exar Qel Droma wrote: What would a true Jedi do if he was being manipulated, bullied and walked all over?
(Apart from not let it happen in the first place)

Please feel free to share how this is affecting you, without going into details which might compromise your privacy... Your safety and well being are of paramount concern.

All of us here will listen and share if our experiences can be of assistance. We may not have the answers, but sometimes the act of sharing helps you to clarify what you want to do about the situation.

TotJO also has clergy who can likely be of great assistance to you with detailed advice. Those kinds of details would likely be best handled by messages if you can get it working on your phone...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167935 by
Replied by on topic Re:Re: Advice

Arkayik wrote:

Exar Qel Droma wrote: What would a true Jedi do if he was being manipulated, bullied and walked all over?

Please feel free to share how this is affecting you, without going into details which might compromise your privacy... Your safety and well being are of paramount concern.

All of us here will listen and share if our experiences can be of assistance. We may not have the answers, but sometimes the act of sharing helps you to clarify what you want to do about the situation.

TotJO also has clergy who can likely be of great assistance to you with detailed advice. Those kinds of details would likely be best handled by messages if you can get it working on your phone...

It's affecting my confidence, general well being, mental health and more ways I cannot put into words.
Each passing day is more of a struggle than the last, I cant see any way forward,

What would you do in my position?

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #167942 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re:Re: Advice

Exar Qel Droma wrote: What would you do in my position?

It really depends on the circumstances, I'm not asking for you to post them, just saying the options vary - but I imagine it is a problem for you because the stakes might be high which might make it harder to choose.

There are some low lifes out there for sure, no morals, confrontational manipulative liars - IMO usually they are just either jealous of you, or using you as a target to leverage their otherwise low self esteem upwards in some other peer group. The dynamics in workplaces can be shocking sometimes.

Once I chose to be non-confrontational to see how bad the person got, but I was happy to leave that place anyway so I just didn't react and observed. It effected me only in its distraction and immediate emotional reaction, but it had no real reflection on me and I guess the reason I didn't confront the person was because they were already wasting enough of my time to bother wasting any more on them. These days the behaviour could have been taken to court for damages!!! I was young and mobile enough in the workforce to leave, which isnt often the case.

You need to consider the consequences of the various options that might be available, but remember that change is not only not always a bad thing, but it can be the greatest thing that happens sometimes!!

I'd echo advice to try and work with the Clergy where you might be better able to delve into specifics.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167975 by
Replied by on topic Re:Re: Advice

Exar Qel Droma wrote:

What would you do in my position?

Would you agree you've had quite enough of being told what to do?

Can you tell me, what you think you should do? What do your feelings tell you is a good course of action? What are your options as you see it?

Most of all, I would urge you to get in touch with one of our Jedi Clergy. Together they can help you to access local support networks in your area... You are not alone, there is help near-by...

But I'm not telling you what to do...

As Knight Adder mentioned - lets look at options.

First off, you have shared your feelings, that takes strength. Thank you.

Secondly, you've already started to take positive initiative, by reaching out for help.

You are a unique being, the pinnacle of billions of years of evolution! All problems can be solved, we just have to help you figure out what you can do to have a positive resolution of your current situation.

Remember, as a Jedi, you have a connection with the Force.... Your first project is you...

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167976 by

I can't say what a "true Jedi" would do because if we're not true Jedi, then I doubt anyone is.

Let me start by saying that being bullied, manipulated, and walked over is not your fault and therefore you didn't "let it happen". I know that there's a lot of things in society that tell us that it's our fault for being the victim, but we're not.

And as others have suggested, it's hard to say exactly without knowing the details, but since others have PM'ed you I will only say that if you need an extra person to hear you out, I'm available.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #167980 by
If you are still having trouble accessing your messages, use the following link.

Www.templeofthejediorder.org/mytotjom/inbox

It should take you.straight to it. If not, there is likely an issue with the browser you are using.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi