Are Jedi Against Deception

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 hours ago - 9 years 10 hours ago #189785 by
Replied by on topic Are Jedi Against Deception
There are two questions:

Money has everything to do with my life, its like a badge of honour I have the key to the city. Rather than a prison term. Secondly I don't understand your life, you could be the nicest person who hasn't even got a speeding ticket. Your more than welcome to divulge every secret and victory. I have emotional problems too and can be too direct but your also taking a confrontational stance with me and I love the attention.

:kiss:

All my freinds are dead.., I still hear their voices
Last edit: 9 years 10 hours ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 hours ago - 9 years 9 hours ago #189787 by OB1Shinobi
the loss of truth is how represive regimes are allowed to develop in the first place

its also the first step in "losing ones soul"

one honest person can regain their soul and topple such a regime in the proccess by refusing to maintain or participate in the lie, as people such as gandhi and dr king have demonstrated

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 9 hours ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
9 years 9 hours ago - 9 years 9 hours ago #189788 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Are Jedi Against Deception

Ariane wrote: There are two questions:

Money has everything to do with my life, its like a badge of honour I have the key to the city. Rather than a prison term. Secondly I don't understand your life, you could be the nicest person who hasn't even got a speeding ticket. Your more than welcome to divulge every secret and victory. I have emotional problems too and can be too direct but your also taking a confrontational stance with me and I love the attention.

:kiss:

I didn't ask what it had to do with your life, I asked what it had to do with deception.

I am leaving this conversation... it no longer makes any sense. If anyone would like to continue it with me, please drop a PM instead.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 9 hours ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 hours ago #189790 by
This is degenerating and starting to get silly now.

The answer to your original question is that I guess Jedi are not against deception providing there is no malicious intent behind the deception.

If nothing else though, this thread has illustrated the fact that we are all on our own journeys and the path is very subjective, therefore there will always be differing opinions.

Whether we choose to use deception or brutal honesty both can equally help or hinder our progression and ability to make the world a better place.

At this point I'd also like to say the film 'The Invention of Lying' is quite clever :)

May the Force be with you all :)

More
9 years 9 hours ago #189791 by steamboat28

Ariane wrote: My question is "Is deception something the Jedi oppose?"

No.

In the fiction it's a very handy tool, whether the Jedi themselves use it or not--very often, one can speak in such a way that the listener deceives themselves. It is used again and again by Jedi to obtain the results they believe they desire throughout the fiction. To oppose it would be to deprive themselves of a great deal of both their propaganda and their power on an individual scale.

In reality, Jedi may morally oppose deception if they prefer. That doesn't mean people don't use it whenever it suits them, even if it's unintentional.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

More
9 years 9 hours ago #189793 by OB1Shinobi

Ariane wrote: There are two questions:

every way that i consider it i am lead to the conclusion that you would benefit from psychiatric evaluation

im not being facetious or disrespectful

either this is how you cut loose on the weekends, in which case youre playing a game of the sort which eventually leads to the kind of mental illness ive already mentioned

or

youve got a lot of difficult emotional issues as a result of the events of your life to contend with and its reached the point where you need help to deal with that

People are complicated.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 hours ago - 9 years 9 hours ago #189794 by
Apologies,

It seems I have embarrassed myself again going off topic, Yeah it did get quite silly. But I am annoyed that it got silly when I said my friends are dead, It makes me so sad because its true.

Anyway I feel I cant speak on here so much anymore.

My military friends understand me more, and we all have nice lives and yes I am already seeking professional help. Spending money on military therapists your all Civilians and I rarely have outbursts like that. The police come around to my house and have a cup of tea and talk about the war and how they wake up at night thinking they are in desert however they compliment me and asked how I coped with being a Paratrooper they said I seem like a rock totally fearless and calm.
Last edit: 9 years 9 hours ago by .

More
9 years 9 hours ago - 9 years 9 hours ago #189801 by OB1Shinobi
its healthy to talk to people
part of the health aspect is getting feedback

but feedback is often uncomfortable, especially when it suggests something which is really important and heading in the wrong direction

people go online and pretend to be all kinds of things, so (because of lies) its not logical to give the benefit of the doubt to the things people say about themselves on the internet

so, i would say that if youre being sincere then what you would benefit from more than anything is time conversing with someone whose judgement you trust and who you will allow to give you honest feedback and who will be supportive of you regardless of what comes out

thats one of the many reasons proffessional therapists are "better" for thetask than friends and family

EDIT

your last post was different when i posted this

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 9 hours ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 hours ago #189803 by
I agree but most people on the internet are more inclined to tell the truth. Believe it or don't. Thanks everyone and I am sorry to Edan who I Alienated back then.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 hours ago #189804 by

Ariane wrote: Anyway I feel I cant speak on here so much anymore.

You are always free to talk about whatever you want, please do not think otherwise.

For what it is worth I had not read your comment about your friends when I said this was getting silly. I was purely referring to the confrontational tone the thread had taken. That it degenerated to little more than an argument was not conducive to the original post and didn't help anyone.

As I said earlier about telling the truth but in a way that does not cause offence, we can all express our thoughts and feelings in a balanced manner so as not to become confrontational.

Regardless of how this has all ended we are all members of this temple and we are all friends, perhaps even family.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi