Are Jedi Against Deception

More
9 years 8 hours ago #189848 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Are Jedi Against Deception
Who was it that was asking about Stolen Valor recently? Yeah...it happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 8 hours ago #189850 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Are Jedi Against Deception

Point Three: Loose Lips Sinks Ships means even if your a commandant in a War Room, you don't speak out loud about your ships movement, even among peers, unless your in an anechoic chamber with your Commanding officer. And a general warning about secured information among other soldiers not to be talked about in unguarded communication

To be clear, you are now saying the LLSS means this above?

You said it had many meaning before that post...

Ariane wrote: Hello, Kamizu

Well maybe I didn't explain it properly but Loose Lips Sinks Ships, means different things in Civilian Life as opposed to Military Life.

Such as at higher levels of government it means

• Create deception and maintain deception
Such as at the middle levels of the military hierarchy it means:
  • Never Investigate Services

And at the lower ranks it means
  • Don't Ask Questions

In civilian life it is more
  • 'stranger danger'
Or don't go around befriending people and never divulge your secrets.

Either way its subjective.

Just trying to be clear...

I'll probably respond tomorrow so as the edit time is up...:)

And as Socrates said "don't speak too much, you may say something stupid" :angry:

That is some good advice, lol...

Kind of like:

"Giving someone enough rope to hang themselves with"

"Digging a hole ya can't get out of.."

"Best to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

But, Jesus said it best....

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet, lolz"

Or was that Abraham Lincoln?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 hours ago - 9 years 7 hours ago #189852 by
Replied by on topic Are Jedi Against Deception
hmm

Jestor Well my commanding officer and a marine who went to Ireland during, the war with England both said "You must unlearn all of your theory, then you will operate as a solider. A beast of instinctual nature, who then learns his next lesson and becomes a valuable tool, then, you can make a man out of him".

I was a tool in the military I am not sure I am a man.

Yeah LLSS I had grown up with it, I know it well, and Have idioms for it, but I forget the poetic nature of the Idioms. A marine friend, Basically said, "act ignorant if your in doubt".

But sometimes when you learn words you check that the meaning is totally different in the dictionary. Such as 'Righteous' It just means 'pleasing to 'God''.

Stolen Valor? Are you saying I am being DECEPTIVE about my Service in the Military? Sometimes my freinds dont believe my stories but whatever. I just look at my medal and Iraqi currency and remember the good times. I Will get you a picture of it soon to remove all doubt. Because ultimately that's what people respect a medal rather than the person. I refused to be a hero with a nice coffin.

:P
Last edit: 9 years 7 hours ago by .

More
9 years 7 hours ago #189853 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Are Jedi Against Deception

Ariane wrote: Stolen Valor? Are you saying I am being DECEPTIVE about my Service in the Military?

:lol:

I find it a bit tricky to piece together to be honest. It's a bit confusing, but not really any of my business I guess. Things like you've said you were an officer and solider, but that you only served two years, and that you joined the Para's out of school, but was in the RAF where you did topology work, but that actually you only took some interviews for joining the RAF prior to joining the Para's, and that you were not taught OPSEC at anytime.
:blink:
Haha, my heads spinning.... there is something else called PERSEC too ;)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
9 years 7 hours ago #189854 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Ariane wrote: There are two questions:

Money has everything to do with my life, its like a badge of honour I have the key to the city. Rather than a prison term.

I have emotional problems too

and I love the attention.

All my freinds are dead.., I still hear their voices

im not being facetious or disrespectful

either this is how you cut loose on the weekends, in which case youre playing a game of the sort which eventually leads to the kind of mental illness ive already mentioned

or

youve got a lot of difficult emotional issues as a result of the events of your life [i will add biology, possibly as well] to contend with and its reached the point where you need help to deal with that

People are complicated.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 hours ago - 9 years 7 hours ago #189855 by
Yeah everyone says I am disjointed in my ideas, sorry.

Anyway i will shut up now, RAF, Airforce, Paras its practically the same thing I don't really differentiate. I was young and ended up in the military and then repressed it and talked to no one.

If you like You can check my photos and that will clear up things. I may have to go to bed because its 4:24 AM!!

EDIT: Perhaps Jestor needs to delete my posts and journal again. Getting messed up on alcohol and late night posting

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 hours ago #189856 by
How about this for a lesson:

Tao Te Ching, Verse 12

Colors blind the eye.
Sounds deafen the ear.
Flavors numb the taste.
Thoughts weaken the mind.
Desires wither the heart.

The Master observes the world
but trusts his inner vision.
He allows things to come and go.
His heart is open as the sky.

Let's do some more observing, and do less sounding.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 hours ago - 9 years 7 hours ago #189859 by
Apologies for wasting peoples time: I just cant stop posting but will do so in a minute.

:huh: by the way i have no idea what that means, Connor L. It seems beautiful to me.

OB1Shenobi -- you just quoted yourself, are you saying that I need professional help rather than banter with TOTJO Members. Because I am perfectly well adjusted and in fact people praise me for my solidarity and emotional strength. The Crisis team with combat stress said that I don't have a problem with my mood or emotion. Yet sometimes I am confrontational with other people and then its the other people who go berserk and all I did was speak my mind.

Connor L. oh I can easily make you believe that I am enlightened, and will endeavour to do so. I learned all the tricks of the trade to manipulate other humans into receiving an emotional state. If you want me to behave in a way that actually helps others rather than be argumentative, than sure I can adjust my temperament and be less reactive and controversial. But really I have no idea what want from me..

Connor L. Don't throw pearls before 'fools' lest they trample them under their feet and make you annoyed. But to do so is at your own risk but don't complain if your dreams are trampled upon.

More
9 years 6 hours ago #189862 by OB1Shinobi
i think you should get proffessional help AND you should banter with totjo members

its a community of people who are compassionate and intelligent and come from wide variety of educational and occupational backgrounds and life experiences

we all help each other to become better people

i feel like i have grown a bit myself just in the little bit of time i have been posting here

feedback is necessary for all of us

you will benefit from this community and it will benefit from you

social calibration is an ongoing process for everyone

as far as i am concerned we all grow by learning how to socialize functionally with a wide range of others

peace

People are complicated.

More
9 years 6 hours ago #189864 by Reacher
Replied by Reacher on topic Are Jedi Against Deception
I am against deception of the self.

Thank you, Ariane, for helping me broaden my understanding and application of the term.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi