[WARNING 18+/NSFW] 50 Shades of Gay

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156205 by

jedi_roz wrote: Remember Fifty Shades of Grey was written as fan fiction to the horribly written Twilight series. Truthfully compared to Twilight, Fifity shades is actually much better....if you can even say that ;-)

:) I wasn't aware of that until recently. If the reading public is ready to accept fan fiction packaged in mass market paperbacks sold at the grocery store, that's all good. I just hope no one is pretending it's anything but that. :)

I appreciate the value and significance of most forms of consensual sex and even enjoy reading books with a little spice, so I can't fault readers for their curiosity. I read a few pages, however, and like someone said in the video clip, it is pretty "wordy." Sometimes less is more. :)

The book might have appealed more to me had Christian Grey been a vampire (not the sparkling kind, though).
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #156208 by RyuJin
Welcome to the dumbing down of society....too many books now cater to the lower levels of intellect...I'm no book snob but even I couldn't bring myself to read crap like that...it's not much more sophisticated than the "letters to penthouse" crap...and yet politicians are praising it....bleh

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Wescli Wardest,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156218 by
This video was great! Also, I also found another pretty wonderful video relating to a reading of that silly book. (Also NSFW)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 8 months ago #156227 by Brenna
I LOVE that video!!! I saw it before I read the book and nearly died I laughed so hard :D

As for the book... my friends and I have a rule. You have to read the book before you see the movie. Currently I regret this rule. I spent more time rolling my eyes and huffing at its utter stupidity than anything else. Ive read software manuals that were better written.

Im looking forward to the movie though.... but we arent going for the story line :evil:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #156228 by RyuJin
:whistle: :laugh: :silly:

So naughty...I'm telling wes :P

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, ,

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 8 months ago #156229 by Brenna

RyuJin wrote: :whistle: :laugh: :silly:

So naughty...I'm telling wes :P

Haha! Im still allowed to look!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest,

More
9 years 8 months ago #156237 by Alexandre Orion
:huh:

:pinch:

:blink:

:angry:

There's something I need to grumble about ...
... but what ?

:dry:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, , Brenna

More
9 years 8 months ago #156249 by steamboat28

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156283 by
@steamboat28

I understand the fifty shades of grey series is a trilogy and not just 50 pages (your post said you only got through that much). What message is it sending in those first 50 pages?

Do you know if it's the same message by the end of the last book?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #156294 by
GILBERT GOTTFRIED??? WT &%$#^*!#. Sorry, was sitting here with my daughter when I decided to listen to this post. More like 50 shades of embarrassed!

Why is it you can't get to the mute button fast enough when someone is in the room with you?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi