[WARNING 18+/NSFW] 50 Shades of Gay

More
9 years 7 months ago #156306 by steamboat28

Learn_To_Know wrote: @steamboat28

I understand the fifty shades of grey series is a trilogy and not just 50 pages (your post said you only got through that much). What message is it sending in those first 50 pages?

Do you know if it's the same message by the end of the last book?

As I said in my disclaimer, I couldn't stomach more than the first 50 pages of the book. However, I know a lot of "vanilla" girls who read it and subsequently gushed about it FOR WEEKS, and a boatload of people in the BDSM community that wanted it to be a good representation of their sub(*snort*)culture because of the attention it was getting and thusly decided to read it as well. Based on these two completely opposing opinions giving me the same information (though one loved and one loathed), I think I made the right decision in putting it down.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 7 months ago #156307 by Brenna
Lol Steam.

I read the whole thing. Many chapters were read aloud in the company of flat mates and red wine, in our best Mills and Boons voices.

The plot is somewhat insulting.

Rich man with attitude problem is tamed by young virgin, who in turn is permitted to blossom into a more womanly version of herself through the trials of loving him.... and in the end, they get married and have babies and live happily ever after (yes, actually)

Its every bad romance novel ever written... but with a LOT more sex.

I think I'll keep my opinions on WHY it was so successful to myself, else i will be found by the feminists and lynched!! :woohoo: :silly:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156309 by
Brenna, does it have anything to do with a rabbit and rechargeable batteries?

Sorry, that slipped. :evil:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156310 by

Rich man with attitude problem is tamed by young virgin, who in turn is permitted to blossom into a more womanly version of herself through the trials of loving him

I think people should read "The Story of O" - Ann Desclos

Or " Philosophy in the Bedroom" - Marquis De Sade

Rather than 50 Shades of Boredom.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156312 by J_Roz

Phortis Nespin wrote: Brenna, does it have anything to do with a rabbit and rechargeable batteries?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! OH!!! MY SIDES HURT........okay back to normal......LOL....

Truthfully I have read both series, disliked both of them. Long story of why I read both of them, but truthfully some of the absolute worst story lines and character development I have ever seen. What scares me is that so many people use these two books as a gauge for relationships.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by J_Roz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago #156325 by Brenna

Phortis Nespin wrote:

Thats what he said.

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156328 by
Jedi_roz wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! OH!!! MY SIDES HURT........okay back to normal......LOL....

Thank you, you've been a great audience. I'll be here all week.Don't forget to tip your waitress! :woohoo:

Brenna wrote:

Thats what he said.

UUMMMM :blush:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156500 by

hellisforhorses wrote: This video was great! Also, I also found another pretty wonderful video relating to a reading of that silly book. (Also NSFW)

I found that video when spending too long of a time in a video chatroom full of satanists. To all I shared it with, your welcome XD

Asides from that I thought the grey part was about like morality, like finding the line. I thought the author was a massive troll and was looking at how far she could go in terms of greyness before the publish told her to chill.

Nah it's sex

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156516 by steamboat28

Phortis Nespin wrote: Thank you, you've been a great audience. I'll be here all week.Don't forget to tip your waitress! :woohoo:

I feel like we should specify what kind of tip.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by steamboat28.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago #156518 by Brenna

steamboat28 wrote:

Phortis Nespin wrote: Thank you, you've been a great audience. I'll be here all week.Don't forget to tip your waitress! :woohoo:

I feel like we should specify what kind of tip.

A random one.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi