• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 11 months ago #147415 by Brenna

steamboat28 wrote: The real answer is to bite the blaster bolt and offer to have certain percentage of "staff" dress like roleplayers and ask Disney to throw stupid amounts of cash in our direction.

At this point im going to have to ask you to go wash your mouth out with soap... do you think theyd go for it?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #147417 by steamboat28

Brenna wrote: At this point im going to have to ask you to go wash your mouth out with soap... do you think theyd go for it?

Y'know what's sad? They actually might if we stepped up our charity game. I mean, it's a good investment in marketing with the new Star Wars films coming out, and technically supporting a religious organization is good for their image, especially one as all-inclusive and hate-free as ours is. I mean. i'm just sayin'.

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #147421 by Brenna

steamboat28 wrote:

Brenna wrote: At this point im going to have to ask you to go wash your mouth out with soap... do you think theyd go for it?

Y'know what's sad? They actually might if we stepped up our charity game. I mean, it's a good investment in marketing with the new Star Wars films coming out, and technically supporting a religious organization is good for their image, especially one as all-inclusive and hate-free as ours is. I mean. i'm just sayin'.

I like the thinking.... however. Walt himself was said to be racist and anti Semitic (never proven mind you but the stories persist). Plus, all Disney employees at parks (especially those who play the characters) are carefully screened. No tattoos, piercings, radical ideas, attitude problems....

I somehow dont think our band of merry progressives will go down well!

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su,

More
9 years 11 months ago #147426 by Whyte Horse
The $4billion Lucas got from Disney is supposedly going to charity. Maybe George could spare a few million for a Jedi temple and Disney can spare a few million for an additional kids' center and kids' day(rated G) at the temple. Maybe monkeys might fly out my bum too. I dunno.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 11 months ago #147427 by Brenna

Whyte Horse wrote: The $4billion Lucas got from Disney is supposedly going to charity. Maybe George could spare a few million for a Jedi temple and Disney can spare a few million for an additional kids' center and kids' day(rated G) at the temple. Maybe monkeys might fly out my bum too. I dunno.

I think he used whatever he had left to create a kind of gestapo style force to hunt down and silence anyone who is still actively calling him out on changing the original movies. :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #147435 by
Well they still havent gotten their hands on me and i will NEVER FORGIVE LUCAS FOR HIS BETRAYAL lol

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 11 months ago #147516 by RyuJin

Brenna wrote:
I like the thinking.... however. Walt himself was said to be racist and anti Semitic (never proven mind you but the stories persist). Plus, all Disney employees at parks (especially those who play the characters) are carefully screened. No tattoos, piercings, radical ideas, attitude problems...

Well darn I'm completely eliminated :whistle:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #147519 by

Brenna wrote: I like the thinking.... however. Walt himself was said to be racist and anti Semitic (never proven mind you but the stories persist). Plus, all Disney employees at parks (especially those who play the characters) are carefully screened. No tattoos, piercings, radical ideas, attitude problems....

On my last visit to Disneyland, I seem to recall the guy who helped me onto the boat in the Pirates of Caribbean having visible tattoos. Maybe they make exceptions for pirates? :)

I can't speak to the truth of Walt (or the business' conservative ideals), but I wanted to add that Disney is extremely progressive where LGBT issues are concerned and was pushing for change in that area years before the majority of the population was sympathetic toward LGBT people. Most recently, Disney withdrew future donations to the Boy Scouts because of their anti-gay policies. And, among other public displays of support, they've been hosting "Fairy Tale" weddings for couples of all kinds since 2007.

I'm not saying Disney is perfect, but the Magic Empire is at least selectively progressive. :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 11 months ago #147580 by Brenna

Arcade wrote:

Brenna wrote: I like the thinking.... however. Walt himself was said to be racist and anti Semitic (never proven mind you but the stories persist). Plus, all Disney employees at parks (especially those who play the characters) are carefully screened. No tattoos, piercings, radical ideas, attitude problems....

On my last visit to Disneyland, I seem to recall the guy who helped me onto the boat in the Pirates of Caribbean having visible tattoos. Maybe they make exceptions for pirates? :)

I can't speak to the truth of Walt (or the business' conservative ideals), but I wanted to add that Disney is extremely progressive where LGBT issues are concerned and was pushing for change in that area years before the majority of the population was sympathetic toward LGBT people. Most recently, Disney withdrew future donations to the Boy Scouts because of their anti-gay policies. And, among other public displays of support, they've been hosting "Fairy Tale" weddings for couples of all kinds since 2007.

I'm not saying Disney is perfect, but the Magic Empire is at least selectively progressive. :)

That is really good to hear actually :)

A couple years ago a few of my friends decided to do their OE in the States, and being musical theatre geeks applied to be characters at Disney. They were really tough in the selection process. One got in (she got to be Belle) the other didnt. She was eliminated when they asked about tattoos. Apparently it used to be all tattoos or piercings, but I would imagine its only visible ones now.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 11 months ago #147581 by RyuJin
Never volunteer information....if they can't see 'em (tattoos and piercings) then don't tell 'em (whoever's asking) :laugh:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi