Found a site for the physical Temple :D

More
9 years 11 months ago #147272 by Llama Su
Well, the temple has funds, or "profit" which come nowhere near that mark.... Considering we are non profit....
I like the route of going off the beaten path... simply buy some land and build up from there... :unsure:
Diogenes, Buddha, Yoda, Gandhi, Did they need or want for that matter a grand castle, or huge structure palace for a temple? :silly:
I say we have a meditation tree, a sacred ceremonial rock, on a few acre property, and welcome whomever would like to learn the ways of the force... Of course, I have not the permission to build the actual TotJO, I WILL, and am in the process of selling my property, and searching in Northern Ca. for a Sanctuary retreat to build on a few acres, of course, as of right now this would be a personal property I will live on and care take for... Unless there are other means to make the temple an actual reality, this is as close as I am going to get at the moment...
I will not ask anyone for money, if they would like to contribute in some way please PM me, even if it is simply doing some research... The more help, the merrier...

Lets be realistic... Five to twenty thousand will get us some nice acres... I know a few investors, (My parents) :P who are willing to help...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 11 months ago #147280 by Brenna

Llama Su wrote: Well, the temple has funds, or "profit" which come nowhere near that mark.... Considering we are non profit....

Which is why this is in the humour thread ;D Theres something about the idea of setting up camp in random old (preferably haunted) monuments worth millions of dollars that makes me giggle.

Yes, im odd.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #147281 by
Great now that you explained the joke it stopped being funny

More
9 years 11 months ago #147282 by Whyte Horse
I have anti-ghost spray so we can make the island safe for the people afraid of ghosts...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
9 years 11 months ago #147346 by Llama Su
I suppose the jokes on me, I was ignorant, and did not pay attention to the sub forum thread.... Lol
Humor is often unrealistic :laugh: ....
Thank you Brenna

So, as of right now, this is only a funny idea....?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #147372 by Adder
Perhaps style ourselves as archaeology/historian types and get into some type of arrangement with local authorities to operate these 'historic sites'... use outbuildings for ourselves, but maintain and operate historic sites for public visiting. I don't mean run tours, just open close, keep clean and repair as required. Their might be old derelict buildings which local councils might love to see up and running as tourist destinations. The outbuildings can host the Order and its exercising and training. Just trying to think outside of the box a little..!!!

But of course why? The 'Temple' walks with you :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

More
9 years 11 months ago #147408 by Whyte Horse

Llama Su wrote: So, as of right now, this is only a funny idea....?

...more like a fun idea.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 11 months ago #147410 by Whyte Horse

Adder wrote: Perhaps style ourselves as archaeology/historian types and get into some type of arrangement with local authorities to operate these 'historic sites'... use outbuildings for ourselves, but maintain and operate historic sites for public visiting. I don't mean run tours, just open close, keep clean and repair as required. Their might be old derelict buildings which local councils might love to see up and running as tourist destinations. The outbuildings can host the Order and its exercising and training. Just trying to think outside of the box a little..!!!

That would work. I saw this once at a "historical working farm" in Colorado. The city paid for everything and the people worked the farm using only pre-1900 technology and so they got free food and housing as well. It also has a museum they open/close and a donation box.

The only problem I can see is the separation of church and state would be violated because Jediism is a religion and the museums are all gov't funded. Something like that. At least in the US this is the case. Perhaps some churches might be interested in maintaining their historic buildings, the grounds, you know like a caretaker does.

More
9 years 11 months ago #147411 by MCSH

Whyte Horse wrote: I have anti-ghost spray so we can make the island safe for the people afraid of ghosts...

No no no no! no!

We could use ghosts to test new recruits... anyone who is afraid of them is not allowed inside.

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brenna

More
9 years 11 months ago #147412 by steamboat28

Whyte Horse wrote:

Adder wrote: Perhaps style ourselves as archaeology/historian types and get into some type of arrangement with local authorities to operate these 'historic sites'... use outbuildings for ourselves, but maintain and operate historic sites for public visiting. I don't mean run tours, just open close, keep clean and repair as required. Their might be old derelict buildings which local councils might love to see up and running as tourist destinations. The outbuildings can host the Order and its exercising and training. Just trying to think outside of the box a little..!!!

That would work. I saw this once at a "historical working farm" in Colorado. The city paid for everything and the people worked the farm using only pre-1900 technology and so they got free food and housing as well. It also has a museum they open/close and a donation box.

The only problem I can see is the separation of church and state would be violated because Jediism is a religion and the museums are all gov't funded. Something like that. At least in the US this is the case. Perhaps some churches might be interested in maintaining their historic buildings, the grounds, you know like a caretaker does.

The real answer is to bite the blaster bolt and offer to have certain percentage of "staff" dress like roleplayers and ask Disney to throw stupid amounts of cash in our direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi