IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Initiate Programme Update

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170244 by
Pardon me for saying this, but I am lost.. I started the original lessons long before it was changed. Do I just continue to do it this way, then? Or do I go to the new structure? Is there anything new added or removed? If not then do I continue to follow old format?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #170246 by Jestor
Do what you are doing...

If you complete the old IP as you haveit, then it will count as complete...

However, there is a wait time, and once your IP lessons are deemed complete, we have been recommending that folks go back and check the newer lessons out...

Honestly, if people dont want to do the lessons, that is fine too, lol, they are not there so we can check them off and say, "Yep, you are a jedi"...

They are there to help folks grow... Too many poeple tick off the iP and never come back... I hope they are continuing to learn somewhere...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170247 by

Akkarin wrote:
What should I do if I am already doing the IP?

Obviously the lesson titles you are using no longer match up to the lesson titles being used now. This is not a big problem, you can either continue to use the titles from the old list above or, when you do your next lesson, begin using the titles from the new list above.

As long as you use either one or the other (or write both for good measure) and label the material that you are studying clearly then the Knights and Training Masters will be able to look through your journal easily and no one will be confused.

Questions/comments?

More
9 years 5 months ago #170262 by Edan
I don't think the new IP is a whole lot different to the previous one. When the IP changed last time I was half way through and where some 'options' were added, there wasn't anything I'd done that was irrelevant so I just carried on with the new lesson names. The only thing I can see that is completely new (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is 'Lesson 0'; the other lessons are the same just with a different name, and possibly another 'option' (e.g. Mindwalk as well The Field).

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Lykeios Little Raven

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #170265 by steamboat28

Edan wrote: I don't think the new IP is a whole lot different to the previous one. When the IP changed last time I was half way through and where some 'options' were added, there wasn't anything I'd done that was irrelevant so I just carried on with the new lesson names. The only thing I can see that is completely new (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is 'Lesson 0'; the other lessons are the same just with a different name, and possibly another 'option' (e.g. Mindwalk as well The Field).

Baby steps, friend. Baby steps.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.

More
9 years 5 months ago #170272 by Edan

steamboat28 wrote:

Edan wrote: I don't think the new IP is a whole lot different to the previous one. When the IP changed last time I was half way through and where some 'options' were added, there wasn't anything I'd done that was irrelevant so I just carried on with the new lesson names. The only thing I can see that is completely new (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is 'Lesson 0'; the other lessons are the same just with a different name, and possibly another 'option' (e.g. Mindwalk as well The Field).

Baby steps, friend. Baby steps.

I don't understand...?

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177592 by
I like the new layout as it's more organized...now I have to figure out where I am in relation to the new order of classes. :D

I really think I am hung up in Buddhism somewhere. So many different books on it that I've read since my last posting.

Hmm, upon closer inspection. I'm on a different lesson five than before. New stuff or it was changed around a bit. Not sure if lesson 4 changed to be easier or not as it had four things before and now it's two. Will be interesting this change. :woohoo:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Wanted to add more without spamming the forum board.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177736 by
In the old version Lesson 4 was the Campbell and Watts Stuff. Campbell is now Lesson 1 and Watts lesson 2, if that helps at all.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #220361 by
An additional document has been added to lesson two (Watts) of the IP!

Temporary link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2mKOT_BbqDaS0l2N1lld1lQcEE

Updated page: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/46-initiate/1877

Introduction: Understanding this document
All students are strongly encouraged to read the full version, the extracts are a study aid and should not be used as a total replacement.

This work is a collection of extracts from Alan Watts’ The Book: On the Taboo of Knowing who you are. It was compiled to assist those studying the concepts within it gain a better understanding of the ideas Watts’ presents by providing them in an easier-to-read manner. For all the wonderful ideas Watts presents in his book he doesn’t always write with the most clarity and many students have become lost when trying to read his work. This work is not intended to replace The Book and anyone who wishes to understand Watt’s work should read his book in full. Attempts have been made to include the most pertinent points, but some ideas have doubtless been missed and would be a shame to lose out in learning by reading these extracts alone.

If you use these extracts and wish to refer to them specifically when writing your chapter by chapter responses please include the extract you are responding to e.g “Watts Extract 1”. The page numbers for the extracts refer to the PDF version only and do not match up with a print version. To clarify the page numbers are literally the page numbers of the document itself, so if it says page 12 then you can search for page 12 on the PDF.

Please refer any enquiries, suggestions, issues regarding this document to a Librarian or member of the Council: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#Offices

Watts isn't the easiest person to read so this should assist those who would like having something to break up the work into a series of key points. If there are any errors then please let me know, this should be uploaded to the library in PDF format with some navigation links at some point. If you spot any errors in something (page numbers etc) please let me know so they can be corrected.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #222802 by
How do I reply to the task?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi