Taking Part in the Process...As an experienced Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 19:46 - 13 Jan 2016 19:47 #221374 by
Sometimes it is good to start at the beginning. And undergo a bit of new training. Perhaps your head needs softening. Stand on it for a bit lol.

Nothing is ever perfect you can eather help and make it better or you can sit and watch, eather way it will happen. Which part do you wish to play?
Last edit: 13 Jan 2016 19:47 by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2016 19:59 - 13 Jan 2016 20:56 #221378 by OB1Shinobi
i started my own study of what it means to be a jedi many many, years ago, as an individual
not associated with any groups and not assuming to myself the title of MASTER or LORD or any such thing - JEDI was (and IS) quite enough of a challenge

though i might come across as a know-it-all, i am and will always be, a padawan

and i have much much more to learn than i do to teach and regardless of how my online persona is interpreted, i accept this fact happily, and sincerely hope that i never get so confident in my own wisdom that i forget it

i do not expect to be addressed as anything more prestigious than an equal (one who may or may not be making sense at the given moment)

obviously i cant speak for totjo, im just sharing my own personal response here in the hope that its relevance to OP is understood

People are complicated.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2016 20:56 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Loudzoo, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 20:07 #221380 by
Warning: Spoiler!

I would like to ask a small question streen, If I am allowed to ask ofcource :blush: Is there some written history of that what you have been doing, websites posts, some kind of journals we could read. Just would like to know you a little bit better whatever the outcome of this topic would be. Do you have verification of any kind?

I could understand that you do not like to answer, or that you do not have, I have no problems with that. No worries :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 20:56 #221389 by

Aqua wrote:

Warning: Spoiler!

I would like to ask a small question streen, If I am allowed to ask ofcource :blush: Is there some written history of that what you have been doing, websites posts, some kind of journals we could read. Just would like to know you a little bit better whatever the outcome of this topic would be. Do you have verification of any kind?

I could understand that you do not like to answer, or that you do not have, I have no problems with that. No worries :)

hehe.....He has a ton XD And if he is wiling to share...Id love to know this answer as well. I have several of his old writings at Just Jedi....but would LOVE to add to the library.

If...your willing...Streen ;) Message me!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 20:58 #221390 by
Seems to me that the best place to start is always at the beginning :3

I rose to 3rd degree blackbelt and then started in a slightly different style, it was refreshing to wear the white belt again :) Sometimes being at the beginning can give your fresh eyes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 22:36 #221413 by
The past is the past.

What would you say to those that know nothing of the Jedi path in the last 2 decades?

They will only judge you as you are presently, and if all that will ever amount to is tales of the past, well, I myself have been on this path quite a long time now, and even in my case, I would rather be judged by my present actions, then past writings.

If only because one time, someone quoted a lecture I had written ten years ago in regards to something I had said presently, calling me a hypocrite, etc. To which I simply replied that my path is ever changing and evolving, and so, who I am today is not who I was ten years ago, nor should I be measured by that, nor would I want to be. Are you not be different from your past writings, thoughts, and actions? If not, then that in itself needs to be addressed.

I always question people who can only speak in the past tense of actions, or experiences. By and large it speaks of stagnation, as if your have no new stories, or experiences, present ones, or are not making any, then you are not growing.

You are proud of your past obviously. Still, I see no reason why you feel it should afford you any leeway on present actions and experiences. Some, may not even go back half of half that far, and for many of us that do...Well, speaking for myself, I simply dont care.

You are attached to the past in what seems to be an unhealthy way.

I have no interest in what someone once did.

I have no interest in what someone will do.

I am interested in what they are doing NOW.

Thats worth talking about.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 22:41 - 13 Jan 2016 22:44 #221414 by

Khaos wrote: The past is the past.
They will only judge you as you are presently

Though I could agree with that opinion, I can not agree with your opinion. :blush: I have to mention that the Temple of the Jedi Order is bound to rules, and how good a persons intentions may be, I think that it would not change the policy. Judgement is not only based on how we are, but also on where we stand on the ladder. How unfair this may sound to some.. Please correct me if I tell rubbish, it will be appreciated by me. :)
Last edit: 13 Jan 2016 22:44 by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 22:52 - 13 Jan 2016 22:54 #221416 by

Aqua wrote:

Khaos wrote: The past is the past.
They will only judge you as you are presently

Though I could agree with that opinion, I can not agree with your opinion. :blush: I have to mention that the Temple of the Jedi Order is bound to rules, and how good a persons intentions may be, I think that it would not change the policy. Judgement is not only based on how we are, but also on where we stand on the ladder. How unfair this may sound to some.. Please correct me if I tell rubbish, it will be appreciated by me. :)

You have completely lost me on what your trying to convey.

Intentions are all well and good, but the road to hell is paved with them so im told.

Actions will always speak louder than words, and results will always say more than intentions about an individual.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2016 22:54 by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2016 22:59 #221418 by
I think he means influence here is directly correlated to what rank you have.

More
13 Jan 2016 23:17 - 13 Jan 2016 23:18 #221424 by OB1Shinobi
that would depend on what one means by "influence"

if you want the title or the "authority" then do the work that is set out for earning it

if you want to be some kind of positive influence then do your best to learn from others and to participate in a way that gets people to think

People are complicated.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2016 23:18 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi