This Should Be Christian Not Abrahamic (Yes / No)

More
06 Jul 2011 11:37 #40261 by Br. John
I remembered that "Judaism is not only a religion but also a culture" after I'd left the computer. Thank you for pointing that out for anyone who does not know.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2011 15:12 #40265 by
I agree with GM Neaj Pa Bol's suggestion of creating subforums - we can instantly transfer the contents of the Abrahamic section into a Christianity subforum and if there are no contributions to any of the other Abrahamic faiths, then those subforums do not get created. We are then labelling the Christian lessons appropriately while still being opento the expansion of the wider Abrahamic topics.

Qui-Ran, perhaps you have insights into Judaism that could be shared as discussion points in a relevant subforum? It would certainly increase the scope and understanding in the Abrahamic section.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2011 17:27 #40269 by
I personally like the idea of subforums. Makes both sides happy - we don't cause misinformation as well as we keep it open for different groups. And then the content might be transfered to the proper subforums, leaving here only general topics.

More
06 Jul 2011 17:55 #40271 by Damion_Storm
With so many different religious sects out there to narrow the view and branch down into a sub-forum for each new sect that joins we can run the risk of having many many sub-forums. The way it is, and I understand Br Johns concern, it makes it simple and combined. I personally like the way it is currently but I can adapt to the needs of the church. Also just as a point of interest ... if the Abrahamic forum is 100% Christian is it not still also 100% Abrahamic? :P

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2011 18:08 #40272 by

Damion_Storm wrote: Also just as a point of interest ... if the Abrahamic forum is 100% Christian is it not still also 100% Abrahamic? :P

Hilarious! :D
And right to the point :)
I like the idea of sub forums but I also can live with the way it is now. If sub forums will come I will add stuff to the Jewish one. Also could add stuff here, though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jul 2011 04:55 #40280 by

Damion_Storm wrote: if the Abrahamic forum is 100% Christian is it not still also 100% Abrahamic? :P

Reminds me of an old saying here in the UK: "all postboxes are red but not everything that's red is a postbox"

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
07 Jul 2011 06:12 - 07 Jul 2011 07:45 #40282 by Jon
As one of the fathers or biblical patriarchs, who promoted the whole belief in monotheism, Abraham (ic) sets a more inclusive concept than the more progressive Christianity which like a branch of a great tree presents one development of the same fundamental. Christianity as judaism and Islam are all 100% abrahamic in origin. Without Abraham there would be no Christianity, Judaism or Islam (at least as they stand now). Contrary to Paganism, Jediism or Humanism, the Abrahamic or Buddhist special study group reflect in their respective names the roots or foundation from which the study group origionates.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2011 07:45 by Jon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jul 2011 09:05 #40284 by
I like the idea that was brought up about subforums. As stated by others, that would work for all involved. It would bring correct labeling to the forum without leaving anyone out.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
08 Jul 2011 09:40 #40313 by Neaj Pa Bol
If Qui-Ran would agree to be someone in the Judaic Studies, that would be a great situation for all...

Since I have been here since the beginning, I can study, teach, etc. without getting confused... The beginning was a trial... But as we did think back then what would be simplified, we also knew that as items came along we would have to grow with it...

I don't think at this point sub-forums would be a hassel if the Council decides to go that way or how ever we go.

I look forward to seeing more discussion on this..

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

More
19 Jul 2011 14:41 #40525 by Eleven
I think it's okay to call it Abrahamic because if you really study the bible (I being of Christian beliefs and studies) from what I understand from the lines of each religion each one spawned from the line (Genelogy) of Abraham. That is just my option and I don't find it offensive to say that the studies are from either of the other two I don't rally think anyone should be. Forgive me if anyone is by my views I don't want to offend anyone here or start an argument. Point being I think it's fine the way it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi