Saber Twins Wheel of the Year Meditations

More
2 months 1 day ago #375923 by Tavi
Knight Rini and I will be collaborating on the creation of meditations and reflections following the pagan Wheel of the Year holidays and seasons that we will post around the time of each change of season. Feel free to use them for your own or your students meditation practices. 

- Knight Tavi

Knight Tavi
Apprentice - WrenPhoenix
TM - Master Zero
Degree Tracker
Journals - IP - ADiv. Bdiv.
Intake Officer & Moderator
House of Orion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero, WrenPhoenix, Rini

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #375924 by Tavi
Imbolc  

Meditation
Find a comfortable and quiet space in nature where you can sit or lie down undisturbed. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, allowing yourself to settle into a state of relaxation. As you breathe, let go of any distractions or thoughts that could hinder your ability to focus during this meditation. Allow the thoughts to flow through you and back out - leaving you feeling light and free with space for new intention and growth to take root. 

Now, bring your awareness to the fire of the Force within you. Visualize a tiny ember glowing within you - like the flicker of a candle in the darkness. This ember is the essence of your soul, the source of your inner strength and resilience. As you focus on this inner fire, feel it growing brighter and stronger with each breath you take as if you were blowing on an ember to start a larger fire. Feel the warm and embrace of the Force move through you as you grow this ember to flame. 

In your mind's eye, picture yourself standing at the threshold of a new beginning. Before you stretches the landscape of the year ahead - full of possibilities and potential. As you gaze out upon this landscape, feel a sense of anticipation stirring within you - acknowledge the fire within you growing. Its warmth and light are what will carry you through this season. The time has come to leave behind the darkness of the past and step into the light of a new dawn. 

Now, think about the intentions you wish to set for the coming season - What goals and aspirations do you hold in your heart? What changes do you wish to see in your life? Look to your darkness as well as your light - is there anything you feel may be holding you back from moving forward? Take a moment to reflect on these questions, allowing your intuition to guide you. Once you have identified your intentions, visualize them taking shape before you - like seeds waiting to be planted in the fertile soil of your being. With each breath, feel yourself nourishing these seeds with love and care - infusing them with the energy and warmth they need to grow and flourish.  

As you continue to meditate, imagine yourself surrounded by the loving embrace of the goddess Brigid (or any diety you associate with spring and renewal) - her place within the Force and the Force within you. Feel her gentle guidance as you embark on this journey of self-discovery and transformation. Know that her presence in the Force is with and within you every step of the way, offering support and encouragement. When you feel ready, slowly bring your awareness back to the present moment.

Take a few deep breaths, allowing yourself to fully integrate the insights and experiences of your meditation. When you are ready, open your eyes and return to the here and now, carrying with you the flame of renewal and steadfastness of the Force that burns brightly within you.  

Intentions
After completing your meditation, take a moment to write down your intentions for the upcoming season. Be specific and detailed, expressing your goals and aspirations. Consider how you can take practical steps to manifest these intentions in your life, whether through daily rituals, creative projects, or acts of self-care. 

As you reflect on your intentions, remember that the journey of transformation is not linear. There may be obstacles and challenges along the way, but know that you have the strength and resilience to overcome them. Trust in the power of your inner flame and in the Force that moves through you to guide you from the darkness and lead you towards the light just like Imbolc symbolizes the shift from darkness to light. 

In the days and weeks ahead, revisit your intentions regularly and keep them at the forefront of your mind as we move from the darkest seasons to the light. Allow yourself to be guided by the wisdom of your inner voice, the Force and the support of the goddess Brigid. With patience, perseverance, and the Force, may you bring your intentions to fruition and step into the fullness of your potential to meet your goals and embrace the next season prepared to let go of the cold and dark of the winter months and embrace the light and renewal of spring. 

Alter Space
Imbolc is about the celebration of the onset of spring - it stresses a focus on symbols of renewal, purification, and the return of light - as a Jedi, I include symbols that remind me of the “light” of the Force (not the light side, rather the light and renewal it brings to all living things during this time.)

As a final part of this meditation and reflection, I'd like you to clear your altar in whatever way feels right to you. I typically will take everything off of it and shake out the fabric bits and wipe down the wood. I also clean everything that stays each season with an oil and water mixture that symbolizes the next season (I typically use rosemary, sage and lavender for Imbolc.)  

For your closing reflection, I'd like you to spend some time gathering items to put on your altar to remind you of your intentions and of the coming spring. These can be whatever you connect with most according to your intentions and how you experience this time of coming spring and renewal. Some suggestions and things that I typically use on mine for Imbolc include: Yellow candles to represent the return of the sun as well as my yellow kyber crystal which as my chosen saber colour is also a reminder of the light and warmth of the sun, a small Brigid's Cross to show respect to the goddess, some of the flowers that have come up early, seeds, a small bowl of fresh water to symbolize the melting snows, runes or images to symbolize my intentions, and a small jar of honey to symbolize abundance.  

Remember that your Imbolc altar should reflect your own spiritual path and intentions, so feel free to customize it with items that resonate with you personally.

After you have spent some time over the course of this season and approaching Ostara - Please write a reflection on your meditation and discoveries you found in its practice, your intentions for the upcoming season, and a description of things you chose to include on your altar space (bonus points for including pictures.)

Knight Tavi
Apprentice - WrenPhoenix
TM - Master Zero
Degree Tracker
House of Orion
Last edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Tavi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, Zero, kevlar, Serenity Amyntas, WrenPhoenix, Rini, Atticus

More
4 days 13 hours ago - 4 days 13 hours ago #376585 by Tavi
Ostara (Spring Equinox)
Ostara is a great time to begin harnessing the energy of renewal to begin cleansing both your inner and outer spaces. This meditation will be a bit different then the usual as it is a moving meditation meant to connect you with the movement and life that is the coming spring. To move into this next season with intention and strength, we must declutter our minds and spaces of all the dust and stagnation of the previous season.  Before you begin this meditation, take some time to gather your cleaning supplies and change into clothing that is comfortable, allows freedom of movement and can handle getting a little dirty. If the weather and your location permits, open some windows and allow fresh air to flow into your space and enhance the energy of renewal.  

Meditation
Before you begin cleaning, take a moment to stand in the center of your space and feel the Force flow through you. Take a few deep breaths, centering your awareness on the rhythm of your breath and the gentle flow of the Force around you.  

As you begin to rearrange the objects or return them to their proper places, picture the Force flowing between all your movements - sweeping through the spaces where you have removed objects and creating room for growth and renewal of each of those areas. Where things have been returned to their proper places - feel the quiet power of the Force helping you build order and organization within those spaces.  With each stroke of the mop or wipe of the cloth, synchronize your movements with your breath - as if this were not a task to be completed but a dance that you and the Force and your home are entwined in together.

Visualize the stagnant energy dispersing with each exhale and any energetic residue that may be weighing you down cleared away along with the physical dirt. Notice the feelings of letting go and the spaces created while you move through this dance. As you move through your spaces, work to engage with all your senses - observe the newness of clean surfaces, the scents of the fresh air and cleaning products, and listen to the changes within the gentle rhythm of your movements as you sweep, scrub and polish. Visualize the energy of the Force infusing your home with the vitality and renewal of this season. See each space becoming a sanctuary of light and positivity where you will have the clarity of mind and body to move freely and embrace the abundance of the season.  

This may not be a one day project and that's completely fine too - each time you begin your cleaning, try to focus on this meditative mindset so that you are not only cleaning your spaces, but very intentionally bringing in the power of the Force and the season and infusing your spaces with them.  

Intentions
The shift from Winter to Spring is very focused on growth and nurturing so I like to set my intentions in that realm as well. Embracing growth is a huge part of this season. Reflect on areas of your life where you wish to cultivate growth and expansion. Set your intentions for positive changes and commit to nurturing them with consistency and mindful action.  

Balance is another aspect I like to focus on during this season - by spending time and energy to clean and refresh your spaces, your mind and your home, you create space and room for both work and play, rest and activity. Use this time to begin releasing those things that no longer serve you, mentally and physically. Let go of the past of the winter and begin to feel the warm embrace of the coming spring not only in the air but within the movement of your body and the feel of the Force coming to life around you. 

Journal about your intentions and keep them somewhere in your home where you will see them throughout the rest of the season as we move closer and closer to the summer season. I usually will keep a small note behind my kitchen sink with a few words that represent these goals and serve as reminders that I will see every time I go to clean my dishes.  

Alter Space
As you clean and move about your space, set aside an area for your altar or begin to clean and refresh your home altar if you have one already. Clear away the clutter and begin to make room for symbols of spring and renewal such as fresh flowers, colorful eggs and budding branches.

Personally, I tend to keep my altar mostly clear during this time and allow it to kind of air out and let the old leftover energies clear out. I will put some plant clippings in little jars of water on it sometimes as well but they tend to need to move around with the sunlight. Remember that your Ostara altar should reflect your own spiritual path and intentions, so feel free to customize it with items that resonate with you personally.

After you have spent some time over the course of this season and approaching Ostara - Please write a reflection on your meditation and discoveries you found in its practice, your intentions for the upcoming season, and a description of things you chose to include on your altar space (bonus points for including pictures.) 

Knight Tavi
Apprentice - WrenPhoenix
TM - Master Zero
Degree Tracker
House of Orion
Last edit: 4 days 13 hours ago by Tavi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi