The FDA is trying to control alternative medicine!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #971 by
Please help to preserve our basic right to have the CHOICE to use alternatives to pharmaceutical drugs when we are looking to heal ourselves!!!

<b>Please read and repost- AND GO TO THE WEBSITE AND FILL OUT THE PETITION!!!</b>
&lt;a href=http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php?page_id=184&gt; To Sign Citizens Petition Click here</a>

The only reason the drug companies are looking to influence the government's ability to make things illegal like herbs, homeopathic remedies, essential oils and other methods of healing is the bottom line - they lose millions and millions of dollars a year to people that they have not brainwashed into thinking that synthetic drugs are the only safe way to heal ourselves.
Another consideration is that the drug companies know that as long as the people hold the power of choice in their own methods of healing the less power they have overall. Many people will choose NOT to use pharmaceutical drugs because they know that many times the side effects are worse than the original symptoms they were suffering from.
&lt;b&gt;If these bills pass, it makes all of the alternative health industries subject to control by the FDA as medicine. Only medical doctors would be allowed to provide, prescribe and supervise the delivery of these services. Anybody else who provided any of these services would be practicing medicine without a license and subject to incarceration and fines.&lt;/b&gt;

Drug companies will not research benefits of herbs - there is no money in it for them since you cannot patent a naturally occurring substance (plants) unless it is genetically modified. Herbs and other remedies will become as serious as an offense as possessing and/or growing pot and will be punishable by fines and imprisonment.
TAKE A STAND AND KEEP YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR OWN CHOICE IN HEALTH CARE ALTERNATIVES!!!!

&lt;a href=http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/06d0480/06d0480.htm&gt;FDA&lt;/a&gt;

This insidious proposal is designed to redefine every complementary and alternative health care modality and product as \&quot;medicine.\&quot; This has direct implications on the services and products provided by every alternative health care professional. There is no facet of complementary and alternative health care that is not affected. If the FDA adopts this proposal, all natural health care would be illegal even for medical doctors.

Essential oils, herbs, herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies, minerals, nutritional supplements, plant enzymes and vitamins are redefined in this proposal as \&quot;medicine.\&quot; Very simply, medicine is under the jurisdiction of the FDA and, by law, only licensed medical doctors may prescribe \&quot;medicines.\&quot; Anybody else who advises, advocates, counsels, distributes, markets, recommends or suggests to anybody as \&quot;medicine\&quot; is practicing medicine without a license. This is a felony in the USA punishable by fines and incarceration.

Aromatherapy, auricular therapy, biofeedback, color therapy, homeopathy, hypnotism, naturopathy, neurotherapy, nutritional consulting, reflexology, sound therapy and wellness consulting are among the alternative health modalities being redefined as \&quot;Alternative Medicine.\&quot; This subtle change of vocabulary from \&quot;alternative health care\&quot; to \&quot;alternative medicine\&quot; makes all of these industries subject to control by the FDA as medicine. Only medical doctors would be allowed to provide, prescribe and supervise the delivery of these services. Anybody else who provided any of these services would be practicing medicine without a license and subject to incarceration and fines.

Sadly, this includes Jedi Healers as well as the majority of the members of the Native American Church. We need to act together, and act now to prevent this from happening. Yes, I believe that restrictions need to be put in place as far as who can recommend what and on what basis, but we cannot let the FDA take sole control of this field defined as \&quot;alternative medicine\&quot;.

Biindig Nijikiwene'
Crow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 weeks ago #972 by
well this sucks....i don't believe in meds unless you can't stand the pain, and even then i still can't stand meds....

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #977 by Neaj Pa Bol
Crow, I can understand what you are stating. For somany years, including those of working as a nurse, Alterative Medicine was the new and up and coming practice being added for patients betterment. (Bad Grammar today, sorry)
Ever since I can remember from Nursing School on, people have been wanting the FDA to control Alterative Medicine. Mainstream nuts as I call them, and I shouldn't, but One of the largest Hosptial systems I worked for was the Adventist Health care system.

Alternative Medicine was touched on in Nursing School, but was still coming out to the Medical world of teaching andnderstanding. Whe I went to work for the Adventist system, St. Helena Hopsital in DeerPark CA (Napa area), sister hopsital of Loma Linda.

From the Doctors, Nurses, Nutrionist (Especially) and even patients, The use of Alternative methods was a part of the treatments in many areas.

Not to side with them, there are those out there that are causing the problem for true Alternative Medicine for reasons of greed, etc. Careless practioners are the cause. I hope for the future of Altenative Medicine that maybe those who use it for the right reasons, may begin to govern, unfortunate choice of words, but true, but to govern those who practice to keep it for the use of good, it would have a better chance in this world!!

I Humbly Serve.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #1812 by
This is nothing new to me. Years ago I was taking medicine for high blood pressure. It is under control, but I learned about a possible alternative herbal possibility and did some research on it. I started taking the Chapparel herb and my blood pressure was PERFECT! The doctor I went to at the time could not believe how well I was doing, but i never told him what I was taking in place of the stuff he prescribed that never really did a lot of good overall.
But as usual, the FDA had Chapparel banned and taken off the shelves. Apparently the excuse I heard was someone with a kidney disorder was taking it ( and should NEVER have with a kidney disorder ) and what actually may have caused their death is speculative at best, but the Chapparel was blamed. So the FDA clone troopers executed their own 66 on it.
Nothing new, here. This is just one such story.
Amras

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #1819 by
Why wouldn't they try?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi