Lightsabers and Robes

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93453 by
Lightsabers and Robes was created by
To start off, I did not know where else to post this, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong section.

Quite simply, I wanted to know if anyone knew any good sites or had any templates on how to make robes. And also, do you have any advice or know of any sites that would be useful in creating a lightsaber, both a hilt and a blade.

Thank you, and as always, may The Force be with you, in this life and the next.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93454 by
Replied by on topic Re: Lightsabers and Robes
Well considering lightsabers are fictional the blade would be near impossible... :P

but as far as robes and a hilt go...google is your best answer...amazon is where I got stuff from :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93455 by
Youtube.com; After a quick search I found 3 different peoples interpretations of the Jedi Lightsaber hilt. Tried copy and pasting the links to this post but for some reason It wouldn't work.

Hope this helps.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93477 by
Buying and building guides for making just hilts: [url=http://http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/]Big Yellow Box[/url]

For those with money who want hilts, fx, and blades (all parts are precut, you just choose what you want and throw it together:
Ultra Sabers

Custom Saber Shop

I highly recommend CSS. They have GREAT customer service and offer a wide range of parts, and I love the design shop they have set up that lets you fit all the parts together on a grid. It gives the final price list (minus any of the extra embellishment parts) as well as how long the hilt is. In order to get to that grid, when you go to the site, look in the bottom left corner under "Help and Info." Select "MHS Builder."
*Note, if you want to wire electronics into the hilt and put in LEDs, there are great guides for them under the same help section (I believe directly under MHS Builder.

Here's a saber I designed, and will one day get around to building (the only extra parts I'll have will be one of the flat circle button activators with an orange LED ring around it). I designed it to be a reflection of myself...very simple, lol.

Now, Custom Saber Shop can be a bit much on the eye when you go there, but that's because they have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many parts, lol. I believe it to be the ULTIMATE one stop shop for all your saber needs........they should really pay me for this :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93482 by
Sorry for the abrupt move. I'm new at this moderator stuff.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93484 by

Phortis Nespin wrote: Sorry for the abrupt move. I'm new at this moderator stuff.

Pft, what a n00b. Hey, everybody point and laugh at the n00b!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93485 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Lightsabers and Robes

Hadi Apollos wrote:

Phortis Nespin wrote: Sorry for the abrupt move. I'm new at this moderator stuff.

Pft, what a n00b. Hey, everybody point and laugh at the n00b!

Attachment tumblr_lsmilrdknT1r43tu1o1_500.gif not found

Come on, be nice...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCSH

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93486 by

Attachment pickmynose.jpg not found

Will you hold my hand? Ms Krabappel, I wet myself.
Attachments:

More
11 years 2 months ago #93492 by Whyte Horse
Maglite flashlight and a towel workd for me :)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #93510 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Lightsabers and Robes
My first 8 sabers Ibuilt myself out of old (circa 1945) flashguns, which is what the original movie props were made from in eps 4 and 5...graflex brand....my current saber is from ultra sabers(the arbiter, which means judge)....bought it several years ago and have never had any problems with it...the custom saber shop is good too...and there are numerous sabersmiths just a google search away... for robes there are templates to be found all over the web....however Ifind it best to make it custom...I've made several, my over robe is 15 years old, my battle robe(the one in my avatar) is 4 years old...and I'm in the midsts of changing it...and I'm planning to make a new over robe...but yeah a little time spent searching online can yield a plethora of results

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi