Possible Bid For Local School Board (Need Input)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9237 by
Fellow Jedi,
It is my desire to run for local school board. I want your opinion. and support in doing so. So I give you the main staples of my platform. Pleas provide advice, ideas, or other comments.

Integration of a Guest Lecturing Program.
-This program will allow students to take a Guest Program course as an elective, supervised by a certified teacher, however the students would invite lectures or the school or school board may invite lectures for a period of 5 class periods, to speak on a subject they are a clear authority on. Parents will be notified on what subjects are being talked about a week in advance, and parents may send a note to excuse thier student from that class for the periods in which any material a parent disagree's with is being taught. This program would allow students to learn about jobs, and other areas of study, they may not have thought existed, or may not know very much about, and would increase our students horizons.

Get in the Trenches
-I plan to spend multiple hours a week meeting with parents, students and others who my job has an impact on. I will personally observe class conditions around the city’s public schools.

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!
-Online activities
-- Website
--- I will publish a website, to be viewed by all, in addition to forums and such where you can contact me and have virtual discussions.
--Weekly updates online
---I will publish online a weekly update concerning my activities as it relates to my job as a school board member.
- In addition I want to have monthly town hall meetings to get your input in person.

Salary
-20 % of my salary for school council member will be donated to organizations that work in the TPS Schools.

Politics
-I will not Participate in mudslinging politics, and will discourage any independent group to do so either.
-I will hold myself and my party to a higher standard than members of the opposing party. For if I can not remove the plank from my own eye, I have no right to comment, let alone condemn someone else for the speck in their eye.
-NO partisan politics. I’m not afraid to go against the grain for the sake of common sense.

TPS Online Presence
- The TPS online presence program is in major need of change, the website is largely outdated. I will encourage the school board to update the website and include areas for parents to check on children's homework, internet usage at school, and other such features.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9238 by
It sounds pretty good, i don't know much about it so i can't very well give you much advice but it does look appealing from a (not to long ago) hs student.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9240 by
You have a good chance. Good Luck.

BTW do you have any software for test / quiz taking?

M (Br. John+)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #9241 by Jon
This is very impressive, very well planned, very responsible. This will certainly ask a lot of yourself and also others involved. Because it is so involving it will certainly require a lot of motivation. This is one reason why the TPS Online programme was outdated. This is one difficult side, to keep the people`s interest and contributions going. I have no real solution for this, but things like competitions, prizes, festivals, parties, communal events... might be a good thing.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9253 by
taarndoneeto wrote:

Fellow Jedi,
It is my desire to run for local school board. I want your opinion. and support in doing so. So I give you the main staples of my platform. Pleas provide advice, ideas, or other comments.

Integration of a Guest Lecturing Program.
-This program will allow students to take a Guest Program course as an elective, supervised by a certified teacher, however the students would invite lectures or the school or school board may invite lectures for a period of 5 class periods, to speak on a subject they are a clear authority on. Parents will be notified on what subjects are being talked about a week in advance, and parents may send a note to excuse thier student from that class for the periods in which any material a parent disagree's with is being taught. This program would allow students to learn about jobs, and other areas of study, they may not have thought existed, or may not know very much about, and would increase our students horizons.

Get in the Trenches
-I plan to spend multiple hours a week meeting with parents, students and others who my job has an impact on. I will personally observe class conditions around the city’s public schools.

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!
-Online activities
-- Website
--- I will publish a website, to be viewed by all, in addition to forums and such where you can contact me and have virtual discussions.
--Weekly updates online
---I will publish online a weekly update concerning my activities as it relates to my job as a school board member.
- In addition I want to have monthly town hall meetings to get your input in person.

Salary
-20 % of my salary for school council member will be donated to organizations that work in the TPS Schools.

Politics
-I will not Participate in mudslinging politics, and will discourage any independent group to do so either.
-I will hold myself and my party to a higher standard than members of the opposing party. For if I can not remove the plank from my own eye, I have no right to comment, let alone condemn someone else for the speck in their eye.
-NO partisan politics. I’m not afraid to go against the grain for the sake of common sense.

TPS Online Presence
- The TPS online presence program is in major need of change, the website is largely outdated. I will encourage the school board to update the website and include areas for parents to check on children's homework, internet usage at school, and other such features.

We need more Jedi active in our Local politics, especially with regard to education. Who values Education more than a Jedi?

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9268 by
oooo....being a school student i find ur platform VERY exciting and cause i know you're a good guy you won't flake out on the students. I wish you the best of luck!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi