Physical Temples

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #90944 by
Replied by on topic Re: Physical Temples
I hate to use the word "fundraiser" ... for it makes me think of cookies and ice cream sales back in middle school ... but there are options. We just have to be creative.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #90951 by

Akkarin wrote: . Again. There are more important things that can be done with regards to Jediism and TotJO than building a physical temple. Those are the things we are focussing on for now

Which are?

IMHO I think while all this is nice we should focus on our studies and advancement in the church. When there are more Knights and Clergy a project like this can be supported. Until then I think the Church needs to grow.

At some point in my studies I would be pleased to start pulling together a group in my area. Just not yet. I have more work to do here first.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #90956 by
There are those who do better in a "group environment" / study groups. I'm such a beast. I'd would love have a discussion group to meet every week. And there, there could be bowling. :)
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by . Reason: added colour

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #90960 by
I know that there were a few times in my life when I felt I needed to get away from everything so I could find what the Force was trying to get me to see. Sometimes, we cant cut through all the chatter that comes along with normal day to day life in modern society.

There have also been times when I have infact left everything behind, searching for what was calling me. And in no way did either time turn out like I had originally planned (most things don't), but without a doubt, I learned tremendously about all sorts of things. I came back to my society 'wiser' about the greater picture of life in general as well as my own personal life.

It was not the most perfect of scenarios when I left, and I took a lot of risks that would not have been necessary if there was actually a "place" for such learning, such as a Jedi temple.

GTG,
Matt

More
11 years 3 months ago #90980 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Physical Temples
As of now we have enough money to keep this site going for another month.

Local congregations (not this Council) are in charge of building or renting according to their particular needs.

Does anyone know what's up with the Jedi Rescource Center ? I don't see anything listed for this year.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #90982 by

Br. John wrote: As of now we have enough money to keep this site going for another month.

Local congregations (not this Council) are in charge of building or renting according to their particular needs.

Does anyone know what's up with the Jedi Rescource Center ? I don't see anything listed for this year.

What do you need annually to keep the doors open?

More
11 years 3 months ago #90985 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Physical Temples
Not counting other expenses the server lease is $900 US per year. We're paying this on monthly installments.

We're working on the 2012 Annual Report now and it should be available soon.

Founder of The Order

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 3 months ago #90991 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Physical Temples

Br. John wrote: Not counting other expenses the server lease is $900 US per year. We're paying this on monthly installments.

We're working on the 2012 Annual Report now and it should be available soon.

It's a bit lower now that we don't pay tax anymore :P

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #90994 by
Is the "DONATE" button the only way we can help? Is there anything that can be done to help?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 3 months ago #90995 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Physical Temples

Br. John wrote: As of now we have enough money to keep this site going for another month.

In reference to gatherings?

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Offline-activities/87805-2013-Jedi-Gathering-D-United-States-Location#87805

Yes, the 2012 Year end report is about to be posted for council approval... Hopefully posted for the Temple at large by next week...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi