Logo Contests and a New and Permanet Jedi Encyclopedia

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9061 by
I am creating a new and permanent Jedi encyclopedia for TOTJF and TOTJO.

I am in need of a logo, so I turn to y;all. Post your designs here. It should say Jedipedia in it. And I need a Large version 500px by 500px and smaller version ( 150px by 150px.)

I am also doing this contest at TOTJF, so that they also have a say in the encyclopedia.

You have one week to get in designs. After that, I will choose 4 finalists, 2 from here and 2 from TOTJF, and we will vote on them at both sites.

For legal purposes, By posting them you release these logo's under the Text and terms of the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2

This encyclopedia will be like wiki, anyone can edit.

Once i get the templates and main page up I will release the addy for it.

I would also like to ask Archbishop Whiteman, or anyone else who can authorize it, permission to use the TOTJO logo on the site for TOTJO Related matters.

Thank you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9062 by
Cardinal Bishop Whiteman has responded by PM with the rules for use of the logo. Sounds like a fun Project. MTFBWY

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

taarndoneeto wrote:

I am creating a new and permanent Jedi encyclopedia for TOTJF and TOTJO.

I am in need of a logo, so I turn to y;all. Post your designs here. It should say Jedipedia in it. And I need a Large version 500px by 500px and smaller version ( 150px by 150px.)

I am also doing this contest at TOTJF, so that they also have a say in the encyclopedia.

You have one week to get in designs. After that, I will choose 4 finalists, 2 from here and 2 from TOTJF, and we will vote on them at both sites.

For legal purposes, By posting them you release these logo's under the Text and terms of the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2

This encyclopedia will be like wiki, anyone can edit.

Once i get the templates and main page up I will release the addy for it.

I would also like to ask Archbishop Whiteman, or anyone else who can authorize it, permission to use the TOTJO logo on the site for TOTJO Related matters.

Thank you all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9077 by
I like this idea very much, but could we perhaps ask TOTJF very nicely if they could use our logo. I mean no disrespect and people may not agree with my ideas, but while i was quickly browsing their website i didn't find any suitable looking logo on it. I may be ignorant in thinking they have no logo but perhaps if they decide to let us use our one with their and our names on it, it would almost most definitely improve relations between our two Jedi religions. Alternatively we could use the one on the front page, because this is not so entirely used on TOTJO and there is more chance of TOTJF to accept it.

I also want to know something, have TOTJF agreed to this? No doubt the 'Jedipedia' would improve relations greatly for both websites.
Also what if they do not enter a design, would that mean they have not agreed to the encyclopedia, because if so I think it would be wrong to include their name in something that would not be used by them.

I am only meaning to do say and do good things here and i am not intending for anything to go wrong, so i am sorry if you think i am being rude or dis respective but i assure you it is not intentional. The reason i am saying this is because i have read many posts about the TOTJF and there are many arguments in them, so I am just saying that i do not want to get into an argument.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9078 by
I know that TOTJF had a contest going on for a logo. While our Creed is the same our system of governments are not. Many TOTJF members get a ministers license through us since we are already set up to issue them and keep the appropriate records with multiple redundant backups held by several officers (and we are happy to provide this service).

I suggest you ask the TOTJF council what they wish. I know I saw some very good ideas for logos.

M (Br. John+)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9079 by

Many TOTJF members get a ministers license through us since we are already set up to issue them

Perhaps if what you say about TOTJF not having the ability to administer minister licenses then perhaps we could both work together as partners in religion to get TOTJF the ability to freely administer minister licenses. This would no doubt increase relations.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9081 by
TOTJF knows what to do to license ministers but since they've not done it in all this time I don't believe they are interested in that aspect. As we begin a new Peace with them we shall carefully and with Father Tom's approval begin to share resources with them.

It would cost them time, money and trouble and be a duplicate effort which we are trying to eliminate as much as possible. We recognize TOTJF's ranks and training here.

M (Br. John+)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9082 by
THis logo is not for a site logo for either TOTJO or TOTJF

It is for a jedi wikipedia I am creating, for both sites.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9139 by
Still need entries.

Hopeing to get 4 within the next week from you guys.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9145 by
taarndoneeto wrote:

Still need entries.

Hopeing to get 4 within the next week from you guys.

I know we have many highly talented Graphic artists around here...lets see some of that beautiful work! Master taarndoneeto still needs a logo for the Jedi Wiki site he is creating. Good luck everyone!

MTFBWY,

Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9178 by
that's just an wonderful idea, where important and essential things are written down ---> where can thesse entries be written ?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi