Immigration debate

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8746 by
Immigration debate was created by
I have been thinking about this in the last few days, and wanted some of your opinions. In my state we have had a large influx of mainly hispanics into our area. While I understand that these people are escaping some hardships I could only imagine, does it make sense to herd these people up and send them back? I know about all of the monetary, military, and personal problems this creates, what are the alternatives? Do these people understand what they are doing? Or is it just the base instinct of survival that drives them?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8748 by
Replied by on topic Re:Immigration debate
They know it's nicer up here and many of them have friends and family that 'escaped'. They want to live a nicer life, from what i heard is the school punish their kids like old nuneries have done with swatting their hands with rulers. That is really the only bad thing i have heard about it, i dont know much about what is going on down in mexico. IMO i think that everyone should go by the books. It might take a few months to get a full citizenship but if they want it that bad then they should come here legally. People say that they are doing the jobs that we don't want. The problem with that is that because they are doing the jobs we don't want we have even more people out of the street. I know how hard it is to get a job and at macy's there are a few people don't speak any english at all. Now i have no doubt that if those people weren't there it would have been easier to get a job, i am not blaming them because i know it would still be hard, i am just saying. In the area i live we are having a massive unemployment problem because of not have enough jobs to go around. With more people crossing the border every year, it's only going to get harder. Also, IMO i feel that this country should do like china and start inforcing a birth control policy for the nation. The places that are overpopulated are only getting worse and the places that aren't are turning into bigger cities. In my area alone, we had a high school built no more then 4 years ago, and now a jr high is being converted into a bigger high school and the jr is getting a bigger fascility across the street from where it was. this is how bad it is getting around here. I will have 3 high schools within walking distance once the high school goes up. In truth, i don't have problem with people crossing any border, my biggest beef is when we already have employment issues and when they don't speak english, those are my beefs and i am sticking to them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8915 by
I have no problem with people trying to improve their lives, but I have to agree that they should do it legally. I'm not saying we should get all gungho and build a fifty foot wall on the border, but we do need to have better control over how people get into the country.

Unemployment is a problem, but as long as people are willing to do jobs for less money, big corporations don't care if they speak english or not. This will only continue in the future.

But remember that we should strive to accept people for who they are, and what they want to be, not where they came from or how they got here.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #8918 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Immigration debate
Before we make any statements about what is right or wrong, maybe it would be an idea to ask why there are so many illegal immigrants. The answer is most probably, the chance to have a better life. Isn`t this a priveledge that we in developed countries almost take for granted? So why shouldn`t they too? A second question to consider is, why is it so bad in their countries? Maybe the politicians can answer this best. There is a Wicaan law what you do you get three fold back!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8921 by
Jon wrote:

Before we make any statements about what is right or wrong, maybe it would be an idea to ask why there are so many illegal immigrants. The answer is most probably, the chance to have a better life. Isn`t this a priveledge that we in developed countries almost take for granted? So why shouldn`t they too? A second question to consider is, why is it so bad in their countries? Maybe the politicians can answer this best. There is a Wicaan law what you do you get three fold back!

I agree, they should have a chance at a better life...but they should approach it legally...not illegally. They need to follow the process. Otherwise they should most certainly be removed. That doesn;t mean they can't apply to try again legally...and do the right thing.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8922 by Jon
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Jon wrote:

I agree, they should have a chance at a better life...but they should approach it legally...not illegally. They need to follow the process. Otherwise they should most certainly be removed. That doesn;t mean they can't apply to try again legally...and do the right thing.

Without doubt Br.Tom! But all countries should play the same fair and legal game, otherwise we have \"1984\"- We are all equal, but some more than others!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8923 by Jon
:whistle: Sorry that wasn`t 1984 but Animal Farm.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 5 months ago #8977 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:Immigration debate
I for one am not against anyone wanting a better life for their family or themselves when there is no other way to do so, where they come from. But....lets be fair, it should be done right, and we all know there are circumstances that change each case.... Let me share a little story....

I live in the infamous Maricopa County where we have Sheriff Joe Arpio... Now he arrests not only the Coyotes but the illegals in our county. In some point is good and here's why....

Several weeks ago I get a call from my neighbor at 7 am that someone is in my back hay barn loading pallets I have stored there.... So I cruz out to see whats up in my PJ.s, phone in hand, watch as I am approching that back part of my 5 acres until he sees me. After getting half of over 200 pallents he flees, but I've already called 911 and he was caught about 2 miles from my house. He's brought back to replace them because all they can do is arrest him, not for theft, but for being illegal. But I only got back half of my pallets becase he claimed the others he got somewhere else which was BS, he loaded the new ones first then the older one.

At that point I wasn't going to argue with the Deputy's and I said fine, whatever. That was how they were going to handle it and no matter what I said, didn't matter.

It's not an easy thing to look at when one understands the desire of people to do better.... It's nature to want to do better, to succeed.... The answer on how is still off in the furutre to find and easy way to resolve it. I Pray peace will will find a solution to it all.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8988 by Jon
The list of examples for or against is endless. There are many imigrants who do jobs no one would ever consider doing, for wages that would be considered inhuman. Although this is not socially acceptable it does not seem to be a major issue. What is important, are they legally here or not.

I would like to make a suggestion. How about the developed countries making life more attractive in the poorer countries? Why don`t we start by lifting paralysing trade agreements which don`t allow poorer countries to produce and enter in world market competition? Maybe this would be a risk for our economy, but maybe its the fair thing to do and may encourage locals to invest their energies in their own countries.

The thing is we have to have lived their poverty in order to really understand. Believe me if your lives depended on it I think more would be prepared to go at any length than are prepared to admit.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9063 by
I wanted to let you all get your words in before I made my statement. Yes, these people come here looking for a better life, and no, I don't blame them one tiny bit. If my family was starving, sick, or otherwise and I knew I could make enough money to help them by crossing an imaginary line to work, you can bet your sweet annie I would. As I am sure the rest of you would do. How has this corrupted our nation? What is so bad about a few people taking back breaking jobs away from, let's face it, lazy fat american whiners? I am in no way putting down my great country, I love America! Is the immigration problem just a by-product of how lazy, and selfish we have gotten? Look around, twenty years ago you didn't see the expanding waist lines, and deepening chasm between the rich and poor. Does it seem like this to any of you? Should we solve our problems by looking at ourselves?

Before any of you jump all over me. YES I understand all of the problems these people bring to our country. NO I don't see an end to things. I just wanted to get a baseline reading from you guys on what the real problem is. After all 'bring us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses longing to be free', Isn't that what it says on the statue of liberty? Did the fore fathers give us a nation destined to fail?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi