if we loose it

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8710 by
if we loose it was created by
If we don't get the money to keep up the site then maybe we should have a back up free site where we can go to still keep things up, like yahoo or something. I mean it is nice to have people in IM and such but it would be better if we could all talk, even if there is no site.
Just a thought

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8711 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:if we loose it
Maybe we should all give a little and then we can keep this site.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8712 by
Replied by on topic Re:if we loose it
yes but there are people like me too. I have nothing and won't for another week, i have no bank account or anything, it sucks. So i can't do that, it isn't possible. But i am only one person.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8714 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:if we loose it
Sure I`m also more than in atight spot as far as finances are concerned, so I can understand that. But we have 500 members, and if 20 gave 5 dollars then I think we`d be ok.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8723 by
I will sell myself on the street before I let this site go down.

How's that for the ends justifying the means?!!!!!

And while we're at it - it does not cost anything to give me the finger once in a while as in a thumbs up on Karma.

I'm sure some of you remember when so many of the Yahoo groups disappeared so we will never be at the mercy of a free site while I'm alive.

A backup site is a wonderful idea and the hosting for the experimental Sith Site is only $4 a month. Thanks to the power of subdomains much is possible and much is already done.

I already have a backup site: http://jedi-sith-religion.templeofthesith.org

Please register there now. There is a forum, PM and a Shout Box. Y'all can help me test it and tell me how you like it. I adore its message board because you can use full html. I programed it all by myself so I am not dependent on anyone and I hope to teach some of you how to program a site like http://jedi-sith-religion.templeofthesith.org .

Don't get any hopes up about me actually having to be a prostitute (again) because The Force is my ally and I know everything will be OK.

What I do not accept is that any member cannot put $2 in an envelope and mail it in each month. If you don't have a stamp just address it to yourself and put our address as the return address and it will be 'returned' to us. I don't endorse this. I'd rather you put on a 1 cent stamp and we'll gladly pay the postage due on even a $1 donation and that is perfectly legal.

For a pledge of just $3 a month I'll mail you 12 pre addressed stamped envelopes so there's no excuse about not having envelopes or being able to find penny stamps. The postman that delivers your mail also picks up mail so don't tell me you can't get to a post box either. (This goes for the US members; I'll figure out a scheme for the international members later.)

Wrap the cash in a piece of paper and there is a 99.975% chance that we will get it especially since we have our own unique zip code.

December 3rd shall come soon enough so if you can't do anything for a couple of weeks or so the money will go for December.

TOTJO
Br. John Henry Phelan
PO Box 5525
Beaumont, TX 77726-5525

Problem Solved.

M (Br. John)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8726 by Jon
Very reasurring Darth Maleficus! Thanks! And yes, we could make things so simple!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8727 by
Hey, also you can use paypal. I just did, and donated 5.00. Seeing as how this officially breaks me (yeah, right) I'll try and make that much between now and the first. Gotta keep my up with you all, it helps me tons. And yeah, I want that thumbs up for karma too!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8728 by
Jon wrote:

Very reasurring Darth Maleficus! Thanks! And yes, we could make things so simple!

Karma being served. LOL. We're getting there folks...keep it coming.

~Br. Tom

More
16 years 5 months ago #8785 by Garm
We all should know that there is no amount too little, every donation, however small, makes a difference, increasing our chances of staying on line.

Wow, did I just sound like Jerry Lewis?

MTFBWUA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8801 by
i just gave some too, i wanted to do more but i did what i could. i think that is the point. if we all do what we can we'll all be ahead in the long run.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi