New Star Wars Series by George Lucas

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8219 by Jon
Hey Jedi, I heard on the German television today that George Lucas wants to produce a series based on the Star Wars Saga. The main character from Star Wars will not be in it. Does anyone know anything about this?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8220 by Jon
\"The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters,\"

'It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader,'
-George Lukas

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8221 by
Yes, actually there are two series in the works. One an animated series, not the same as clone wars, but I heard the animation will be similar. Don't really remember what the story line with that one is going to be about. The live action series is going to be based if I remember correctly between the times of ep III and ep IV, but like you said none of the characters from the movies are supposed to be in it. In fact, no Jedi are supposed to be in it at all, from everything I've read on it, it is supposed to be based on many of the \"regular\" people that are in that galaxy, though I'm guessing it will be people who have atleast some interaction with Jedi or the maybe even work as maintenance in the Temple who knows. I sort of remember hearing the possibilites of Bounty hunters being in it as well, but none of the main ones you'd likely remember. If I see more information on it, I'll try to copy and paste it here. Possibly try looking up an older issue of TV guide magazine, I'm pretty sure thats where I read it, it was only like a one page interview with Lucus though. Hope this helps.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8224 by
Everything you said is pretty much true as far as I have heard, no new developements, I will be most intrested in who and how they will do it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8226 by
Hi, yes i have heard similar rukmours recently about new Star Wars episode VII, VIII and IX. While researching this subject further i found this website that may be of some use to people looking to find out more on these recent updates. Here is an http address of the website i found: http://www.starwarsepisode789.com/

I have to say that I have no idea if this website can be trusted on the information it provides, but for now it's all i will be going on for information regarding the three new films.

P.S. I would like to thank Maleficus and Nwahs for the time that they spent on their suggestions for helpful techniques to overcome my phobia problem. And I would like to say that I would appreciate any more help form others regarding my phobia even if it's how others have overcome their fears. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8291 by
there is some info on the IMDB and star wars.com. it looks cool the CGI looks very much like the cone wars in 3D...
i know Anthony Daniels will be in both (he had some deal where if someone mentions 3-CPO he has to do it)
Hayden Christensen wanted to be involved, and Ewan McGregor \"Wouldn't mind a cameo now and then\" but that was before he said star wars was the worst thing he ever did (yet he still cashed that pay check.... maybe it bounced?:) )

in any case it will be cool.
i also heard the buzz that Lucas wants to do 3 more star wars films, but he has a padawan who will be doing most the work. he also was rumored to have said no more skywalkers. i guess he's sick of the family of wimpy young men with bad 80's hair and hot chicks with buns in their hair. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8296 by
I actually have alot of info on this particular subject. I happened to pick up an issue of Star Wars Insider magazine. It has an interview with Rick McCallum, Star Wars producer. He says he is still getting writers together to discuss script. He also anticipates shooting in Australia in about 2009. It could be 13 to 16 episodes over one or two years. Then from there, he says that their will be spin off series involving characters from the previous series. So it could be four or five series going at the same time. Sweet!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi